• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Two questions for the Minneapolis crew

See what I have to put up with? :laugh:

What? I thought you were diggin' the birthing glove and axle grease...

- Tim

You have really been down a path...

:)

Keep in mind....These guys are not exactly the foremost experts on romance, but 112 Eatery is great. Here is a couple of suggestions that i have not seen above.

MAKE A RESERVATION. Lots of great restaurants...not a lot of open tables..

Ketch can recommend some good places, trouble is you have to dress up like a Postman to get in to any of them.

Sorry about the thread Bob. If things don't go well with the girl, there's a very handsome Philippino we could introduce you to.

I know that Manny's has been suggested, but in my humble opinion Murry's is the end all for steak in the Twin Cities. The decor and wait staff are right out of Goodfellas and the steak is to die for. That being said Mick tells me there is a great place on 2nd and Washington called Sex World and they are open 24/7. :whistling:

- Tim

Keep in mind....These guys are not exactly the foremost experts on romance, but 112 Eatery is great. Here is a couple of suggestions that i have not seen above.

Ketch can recommend some good places, trouble is you have to dress up like a Postman to get in to any of them.

Sorry about the thread Bob. If things don't go well with the girl, there's a very handsome Philippino we could introduce you to.

I'll have to check his calendar but I'm pretty sure he's available. And he is very handsome...by his own admission.

- Tim

Edited to add that Murray's is great as well but I figured after adding Nye's to my list I had sort of reached the legal limit on kitsch ;) Jokes aside, I was there last fall and had an exceptional meal.

Hey, let's go for the best of both worlds - make sure the Filipino comes for a cigar and I can choose for myself. :laugh:

- Tim

I'll have to check his calendar but I'm pretty sure he's available. And he is very handsome...by his own admission.

- Tim

Edited to add that Murray's is great as well but I figured after adding Nye's to my list I had sort of reached the legal limit on kitsch ;) Jokes aside, I was there last fall and had an exceptional meal.

Very funny! Don't forget, we have a resident fluffer in case things gets plugged :whistling:

- Tim

- Tim

Very funny! Don't forget, we have a resident fluffer in case things gets plugged :whistling:

I've heard that Joe is "friendly" with guys he meets on cigar forums. Of course he's also a spitter. Right Mick? :laugh:

We are close to having a NSFW disclaimer slapped on this thread...

Wait...what's the problem with stewardess? My mom worked as a flight attendant before I was born, and still uses the term stewardess to this day.

I've heard that Joe is "friendly" with guys he meets on cigar forums. Of course he's also a spitter. Right Mick? :laugh:

Right, not to be mistaken for Dave (davela), who's the one always leaving early to close his 'Craigslist' deal.

Im just going to say that being from Chicago, Minnesota has possibly the worst selection of restaurants ever. :(

Im just going to say that being from Chicago, Minnesota has possibly the worst selection of restaurants ever. :(

I'm just going to say that being from New York, if you can't find good food here in Minneapolis you're either:
a) not looking very hard (particularly with all of the suggestions laid out earlier in this thread)
b) possessed of odd food predilections
c) ignorant
d) trolling
e) all of the above

- Tim

I'm just going to say that being from New York, if you can't find good food here in Minneapolis you're either:
a) not looking very hard (particularly with all of the suggestions laid out earlier in this thread)
c) ignorant
d) trolling
e) all of the above

- Tim
Well, it may just be me but I cant find any good polish restaurants, restaurants that serve good Italian beef sandwiches, or Chicago dogs(maybe because this isnt Chicago).

Minneapolis has its good restaurants, but the rest of Minnesota, as in the suburbs are just full of chain restaurants. Sandwiches, burgers, steaks and ribs, sweet! same old same old.

And lets not start the New York Vs Chicago style pizza debate :p (fat lorenzo's has the best pizza in town by far)

c) ignorant
d) trolling
e) all of the above

- Tim
Well, it may just be me but I cant find any good polish restaurants, restaurants that serve good Italian beef sandwiches, or Chicago dogs(maybe because this isnt Chicago).

Minneapolis has its good restaurants, but the rest of Minnesota, as in the suburbs are just full of chain restaurants. Sandwiches, burgers, steaks and ribs, sweet! same old same old.

And lets not start the New York Vs Chicago style pizza debate :p (fat lorenzo's has the best pizza in town by far)

At the risk of threadjacking I must say,I have to believe that with all the Polocks in NordEast there must be some decent Polish food here. I did a quick search and came up with Europol Eva's Delicatessen and Kramarczuk East European Deli.

c) ignorant
d) trolling
e) all of the above

- Tim

I agree, let's not start the pizza debate. Lombardi's wins hands down!

The suburbs are the same, anywhere you go. Applebees and TGI Fridays. Old Navy and Walmart. And of course, there are some exceptions (my favorite Indian restaurant is in Southtown). We are talking about Minneapolis, not Lakeville. That said, Minneapolis has an endless selection of fantastic restaurants of all varieties. We also have one of the nation's best chefs, Tim McKee, running three of those. Hell, if you want to eat sushi off the breasts of a naked model, you can do that here.

I don't know why I mentioning this, but the best pizza I've ever had was in Detroit. Jet's Pizza. There might be a pizza forum somewhere, Moki might be on it, and if he is he's probably sending out pepporoni slices for blind review.

There's good food up here, too. There's good food all over the country. You just have to know where to look.

And comparing the choices in restaurants in Minneapolis with a metropolitan area that has twice as many people as the whole state of Minnesota is not really valid.

Sorry, no tips on the Minneapolis scene, but I must state that Utah chicks rule!!!

There's good food up here, too. There's good food all over the country. You just have to know where to look.

And comparing the choices in restaurants in Minneapolis with a metropolitan area that has twice as many people as the whole state of Minnesota is not really valid.

I politely disagree. Different cities, different cultures, different economies... The residents of Minneapolis put their money into diversity and as a result the restaurants, the arts, the nightlife; it all thrives.

SLC: Nice avatar. Thank you.

I politely disagree. Different cities, different cultures, different economies... The residents of Minneapolis put their money into diversity and as a result the restaurants, the arts, the nightlife; it all thrives.

SLC: Nice avatar. Thank you.

I didn't say Minneapolis doesn't have all of that. I'm not attacking the Cities in any way.

I just think that it's pretty obvious that a comparison of any city in the Midwest to the Chicago area is an unfair and invalid comparison. Of course there's going to be "more" in Chicago. It's huge! There's far more diversity, far more representation of different cultures, and far more people (and much more money) to support those things. It's like comparing Duluth and the Cities. Even though much of the emphasis on "diversity" is shared, we don't have the same resources up here to support it to the same degree.

I'm not saying Minneapolis is inferior in any way. It's smaller than Chicago (which is an advantage in most regards). That's a fact and it has bearing.

It's demographics, Mick, not "better" or "worse".