• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Not to mention the numerous house fires caused by drawing more amps than the home wiring can handle. Funny how these don't seem to make it to the nightly news?
One of the news feeds I subscribe to is NYC Firewire. I bet twice a day there are fires in apartment buildings or offices from Li On battery powered bikes.

Why is electro motive power not an option. Like locomotives. Small motor powers generator that drives the wheels ?

Why is electro motive power not an option. Like locomotives. Small motor powers generator that drives the wheels ?
I don't know anything at all about electro-motive power, but I'm going to guess that the weight of the motor and Generator would be prohibitive to Automotive transportation?

It’s cold again.

Just thinking that. I checked the 10-day an hour ago.. here in WI we'll be lucky if one day maybe hits 50. I'm also on an isthmus between 2 big lakes so we're always about 5° degrees cooler too.

Great in summer. Now, not so much. 🥶

I still prefer cold over hot though... for now.

I ordered a cabinet humidor in December. Something something, supply chain, something something.

This should cheer you up! :cool:

Came home to a leaking water heater, into the garage. Enough water to make a trail out of the closet, down the garage and under the garage door. Good thing I went into the garage to put the hazelnut KBS in the fridge, or I wouldn’t have noticed it. Pin holes in the braided stainless steel hose. Only a 5 minute repair once I had the new hose from Lowes, but could have been much worse. Check your hoses once a year, when you drain/refill your tank. I fell behind on this, could have been much worse.

Came home to a leaking water heater, into the garage. Enough water to make a trail out of the closet, down the garage and under the garage door. Good thing I went into the garage to put the hazelnut KBS in the fridge, or I wouldn’t have noticed it. Pin holes in the braided stainless steel hose. Only a 5 minute repair once I had the new hose from Lowes, but could have been much worse. Check your hoses once a year, when you drain/refill your tank. I fell behind on this, could have been much worse.
That sucks, but glad it was a quick fix!

Definitely could have been a lot worse… our last house had the tank in an upstairs closet. We found out it was leaking when we had water dripping from the ceiling downstairs 😞

Had to bring in a at-home test that has a short expiration on it my doctor asked me to take to the local hospital lab. Was told I could just drop it off at the lab desk in the main lobby any time day or night. That would have been great, except the lab person was not at the desk, and when I called the number on the window the woman who answered was extremely elusive and insisted I wait until she "had time" to meet with me. When I asked how long - "I'll get there when I can..." It was clear from our conversation I was very low priority, and she could not even answer if it would be 5 minutes or 5 hours. Wait until she got around to picking up my sample!?! Seriously? I spent a good hour wandering around from help desk to help desk, each telling me they were not allowed to take the sample and referring me back to Ms. Elusive. I finally was able to convince a security guard in the ER to take the sample to Ms. Elusive... The positive side - I got a LOT of steps in through that process... 🤣

Had to bring in a at-home test that has a short expiration on it my doctor asked me to take to the local hospital lab. Was told I could just drop it off at the lab desk in the main lobby any time day or night. That would have been great, except the lab person was not at the desk, and when I called the number on the window the woman who answered was extremely elusive and insisted I wait until she "had time" to meet with me. When I asked how long - "I'll get there when I can..." It was clear from our conversation I was very low priority, and she could not even answer if it would be 5 minutes or 5 hours. Wait until she got around to picking up my sample!?! Seriously? I spent a good hour wandering around from help desk to help desk, each telling me they were not allowed to take the sample and referring me back to Ms. Elusive. I finally was able to convince a security guard in the ER to take the sample to Ms. Elusive... The positive side - I got a LOT of steps in through that process... 🤣

I thought you were done having kids George.

That sucks but I'm guessing it was the doctor who said "anytime" and not the lab?

I pull into Topeka, KS this evening. Get my hotel checked into and off to the liquor store I go. Just as I pull up, the lights go out. Yup, they close at 8pm! It’s 8:01. Not a problem. Gas station is right next door with beer signs all over. I go in, grab a six pack and head to the register. DENIED!!!! Johan tells me he’s so sorry but they can’t sell after 8. It’s 8:02 on his watch. The fella behind me, holding a case of beer says the same thing I said, “You gotta be shittin me?!” Nope, he even refused an offer to trade a six pack for a $20 bill!!! Phukin Kansas!

Not to let this deter me, I spot a BWW just up the block. I belly up to the bar, order a ML bottle and a double Makers w/o ice. With Out Ice!!!!

Yup, you guessed it, plumb full of the frozen water. 😵😵😵. At this point, I give up. I strain the liquor into another glass and here I type!

Not gonna be a good trip!

Floyd T