• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Something for your memory banks. We talk about gas prices, but it comes from oil, and out of a barrel of oil ( 55 gal. ) we extract 8 gallons of gas. Yes, we extract other things, but only get eight gallons of gas. To put that into current perspective, Russia supplied us with 208000 barrels Of oil before we put on the brakes. Do you see my point, that is a Drop in the bucket for our gas usage, but the market and the marketing mad this into a big deal and look what happened. We got screwed by someone over absolutely nothing, but the price sure went up and I expect it to remain high, or higher than it previously was. Europe is on the sour end of the stick and I don't know if they can be brave enough to find a way out of their problem.
It's all political. Certain people don't want refineries built because they believe they pollute too much, so we will pay higher prices. Certain people think electric cars are the answer, but electric cars require fossil fuels to generate electricity, and electric cars will soon kill our power grid.

To quote my good friend Forrest Gump ......... "Stupid is as stupid does"

It's all political. Certain people don't want refineries built because they believe they pollute too much, so we will pay higher prices. Certain people think electric cars are the answer, but electric cars require fossil fuels to generate electricity, and electric cars will soon kill our power grid.

To quote my good friend Forrest Gump ......... "Stupid is as stupid does"

And to continue this thought, there are two interesting issues ( problems maybe ). All electric cars currently have a 300 mile range. Secondly there is currently no infrastructure for charging those cars across the states, not counting the charging time it takes. There are some interesting issues ahead. If you could charge your electric as fast as you can currently fill your tank, now we are talking, but a full charge at the present time is something like eight hours. Where is the benefit of electric Unless we are suppose to reduce our movement to 300 miles round trip.

And to continue this thought, there are two interesting issues ( problems maybe ). All electric cars currently have a 300 mile range. Secondly there is currently no infrastructure for charging those cars across the states, not counting the charging time it takes. There are some interesting issues ahead.
Not to mention the numerous house fires caused by drawing more amps than the home wiring can handle. Funny how these don't seem to make it to the nightly news?

I mean, everyone had agendas, but this is already treading on thin ice as far as becoming political so I won't go there...

What I will say is, it all boils down to greed and the almighty dollar before anything else, like most things.

I mean, everyone had agendas, but this is already treading on thin ice as far as becoming political so I won't go there...

What I will say is, it all boils down to greed and the almighty dollar before anything else, like most things.
I was not referencing a political side. We all know that greed leads to stupidity and there is plenty of that on both sides of the political fence. It's just unfortunate that we as a country feel like you have to be "A" or "B" and whatever you say has to fall into one of those two categories.

I was not referencing a political side. We all know that greed leads to stupidity and there is plenty of that on both sides of the political fence. It's just unfortunate that we as a country feel like you have to be "A" or "B" and whatever you say has to fall into one of those two categories.
Couldn't agree more!

And to continue this thought, there are two interesting issues ( problems maybe ). All electric cars currently have a 300 mile range. Secondly there is currently no infrastructure for charging those cars across the states, not counting the charging time it takes. There are some interesting issues ahead. If you could charge your electric as fast as you can currently fill your tank, now we are talking, but a full charge at the present time is something like eight hours. Where is the benefit of electric Unless we are suppose to reduce our movement to 300 miles round trip.
Like anything else, it is going to take time and technological advancement. It's getting there. EVs/infrastructure is light years ahead of where it was just 5 years ago, and has come a long way in just the last 2 years, even. I don't think there is a blanket answer to minimize petroleum usage, but I do believe that there are options, both now and in the future, that can seriously reduce the reliance and environmental impact worldwide.

A better approach would be, IMHO, to build many new power plants every year leading up to this EV transition. It doesn't matter if there's a charging station every 1/4 mile if there's not a power grid capable of supplying them.

I agree with you Chuck, specially since our wonderful state ( TX ) is Not a member of the east or west grid and we got shot last year with the big freeze. Will we pay attention, don't think so. Another thought I had, when you buy that new electric vehicle, do you get the home charging station with your car purchase? If not, what does it cost? And, you are correct, most home would need to be checked to see if they can handle the new "load" placed on the current wiring. So many new adventures waiting to happen.

A better approach would be, IMHO, to build many new power plants every year leading up to this EV transition. It doesn't matter if there's a charging station every 1/4 mile if there's not a power grid capable of supplying them.
Chuck I just read between the lines of this post and realized that what your really unhappy about is that I forgot to wish you a happy birthday.
That has been corrected!
Happy birthday, Friend.

Electrify the highway with DC current.
Charges while you drive and prevents wrong way drivers. ;)