• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

They also make the cutest little mini-excavator, too! It pretty much looks like a small, tracked jet ski with a wittle, wittle scoop on front and a wittle, wittle bwade in back. It's just totes adorbs. I need to find a picture of it.
Well done, sir. Someone had to bring the phrase ā€˜totes adorbsā€™ to CP, and I think we all knew it would be you.

No details yet , But Daughter and Husband were in a motorcycle accident

Iā€™m hopeful on a week or two. Honestly tho, thatā€™s not a guarantee. We are implementing correction protocols as I type. A reoccurrence will not happen. Thanks for asking.

Floyd T
You need to remember the dog represents the owner, how it was trained or not and how much shit it can get away with. Don't be pissed at the dog, get pissed at your friend for not doing his job. Remember, I'm a Pug, a cousin to Frenchie.

So Daughter is banged up , some road rash on her right arm , cut on forehead, right hand cut and hurts. CT and Spine/back scan came back negative.

Her husband, still waiting on CT results, but need stiches in both hands , right arm is broke , Inflamed or bleeding spleen not sure which didn't hear My mom right.

Neither one had helmets on , I tell them time and time again about it hopefully they learn or just stay off bikes.

They were stopped , why in front of an alley is beyond me, car came up alley hit a parked car ,hit them and took off.

I heard hear say that police came up with a plate number , I'm hopefully but optimistic

So Daughter is banged up , some road rash on her right arm , cut on forehead, right hand cut and hurts. CT and Spine/back scan came back negative.

Her husband, still waiting on CT results, but need stiches in both hands , right arm is broke , Inflamed or bleeding spleen not sure which didn't hear My mom right.

Neither one had helmets on , I tell them time and time again about it hopefully they learn or just stay off bikes.

They were stopped , why in front of an alley is beyond me, car came up alley hit a parked car ,hit them and took off.

I heard hear say that police came up with a plate number , I'm hopefully but optimistic
Weā€™ll that is good news, considering. I hope they get the driver and heal up quick.

They are discharging her!!!!!

He will be in at least 24 hours
Nate, great news, all things considered. Car vs bike never ends up good, so they're a step ahead of most. M and I will send prayers for a quick/full recovery for bother your daughter and her husband. God speed, my friend.

Floyd T

I am feeling the exhaustion and frustration of a lot of projects that have stalled out or that have taken too long and want some space to vent.
I just finished week 9 of 10 for Microbiology. I have one more week and then one more week of finals. Of which, I have 3 finals/exams! I know the light is shining bright and the end of the tunnel is close but damn, this class seems like itā€™s gone on forever!
The patio that I got started (by I, I mean Hector the Handyman and crew) has taken a week hiatus because of some in-field modifications ate up more material then we thought and had to wait a week to get another truck to deliver the rest. Well now I have the material but no Hector. Heā€™ll return sometime next week and then, who knows, another week and a half I guess? I feel like this project began at the start of summer and will end at the end of summer. I thought at one point that this was supposed to have been a 3 week project and now Iā€™m looking at August. So there is a long back story to this last one, but I pushed to form and am on a Pedestrian & Traffic Safety committee for my neighborhood. We are working towards installing walking paths along the main roads to give people a space to walk other then on the road. Well due to summer vacations, and just the nature of Engineering and Construction environment during Covid, the 3 engineering/design firms have dropped to 1 and potentially 2 with our only cost estimate being wildly inflated due to a unclear scope and unclear costs. Which has some of our Board Members on the HOS all up in a tizzy, which frankly is annoying as hell. This is my longest project so far at 3 years of pushing to get to this point.
I feel like Iā€™m slugging though a marsh right now struggling to regain traction and forward progress.
thank you for the box with which to stand on.

I am feeling the exhaustion and frustration of a lot of projects that have stalled out or that have taken too long and want some space to vent.
I just finished week 9 of 10 for Microbiology. I have one more week and then one more week of finals. Of which, I have 3 finals/exams! I know the light is shining bright and the end of the tunnel is close but damn, this class seems like itā€™s gone on forever!
The patio that I got started (by I, I mean Hector the Handyman and crew) has taken a week hiatus because of some in-field modifications ate up more material then we thought and had to wait a week to get another truck to deliver the rest. Well now I have the material but no Hector. Heā€™ll return sometime next week and then, who knows, another week and a half I guess? I feel like this project began at the start of summer and will end at the end of summer. I thought at one point that this was supposed to have been a 3 week project and now Iā€™m looking at August. So there is a long back story to this last one, but I pushed to form and am on a Pedestrian & Traffic Safety committee for my neighborhood. We are working towards installing walking paths along the main roads to give people a space to walk other then on the road. Well due to summer vacations, and just the nature of Engineering and Construction environment during Covid, the 3 engineering/design firms have dropped to 1 and potentially 2 with our only cost estimate being wildly inflated due to a unclear scope and unclear costs. Which has some of our Board Members on the HOS all up in a tizzy, which frankly is annoying as hell. This is my longest project so far at 3 years of pushing to get to this point.
I feel like Iā€™m slugging though a marsh right now struggling to regain traction and forward progress.
While there's not much I can do in the way of direct support sometimes it's nice to know someone is listening. I hear ya brother take a few deep breaths keep calm and have a cigar.

Best of luck to you!
Steve.

Not that this is at all helpful, but all that you wrote is perfectly normal in each of these cases.

Swimming upstream in molasses after you walked a mile in waist deep sand is an appropriate analogy. It's like that kids song/dance we used to do in elementary. Take a couple steps forward and three hops back (or something like that.). I could be getting the bunny hop confused with the Cotton Eyed Joe.

Can you send me the audio version of thisā€¦ šŸ˜

THIS, you can control. Study your ass off, knowing the end is near. That is absolute. Learning and understanding Micro will allow you to build on it down the road. You've busted your ass to this point, own it and bust its' ass.

You can not control the rest of the stuff you're involved in. You can plan all ya want, if ya need more supplies, or someone ups and quits, step back, take a deep breath and find the best solution. It may not be the one you want, or as quick as you want, but it'll be a solution. Then let it happen. Brother, I've been there and it sucks. Once you get through it, you'll look back and go, "yup that sucked but it really want that bad!"

I'm tracking your book learning and wish you the best. If something is unclear, and the Prof ain't available, give me a holler. Michelle taught that class. If CP Ian;t taught ya anything, ya got a support staff here, if needed.

Kudos on pampering the bride! They deserve it.

Floyd T

After working/building/racing cars for over 50 years, I came across new stupidity today. I have not started my clean 1999 Chrysler with only 70K miles for about 9 months, & decided to charge the battery & get it running today. First off you canā€™t get to the battery easily because it is located in front of the tire in the wheel well. It does however, have pos & neg posts in the engine compartment. I had just bought a new charger ( after 25 years) & hooked it up, it had no power. After rechecking everything I got the same results. So I read the instructions and it said ā€œ for safety purposes, if the battery has less then 5% power the charger will not functionā€. WTF! Why do I need a charger that wonā€™t charge a battery??? Off I go back to the auto parts store that I have dealt with for around 20 years (which is old school independently owned by the same family for around 50 years) & after telling the owner my problem he says thatā€™s the way all newer ones are. They started this around 7 years or so ago. So, I am now calling all my car guy friends to see if they have an old charger I can use. Just another example of modern stupidity!

THIS, you can control. Study your ass off, knowing the end is near. That is absolute. Learning and understanding Micro will allow you to build on it down the road. You've busted your ass to this point, own it and bust its' ass.

You can not control the rest of the stuff you're involved in. You can plan all ya want, if ya need more supplies, or someone ups and quits, step back, take a deep breath and find the best solution. It may not be the one you want, or as quick as you want, but it'll be a solution. Then let it happen. Brother, I've been there and it sucks. Once you get through it, you'll look back and go, "yup that sucked but it really want that bad!"

I'm tracking your book learning and wish you the best. If something is unclear, and the Prof ain't available, give me a holler. Michelle taught that class. If CP Ian;t taught ya anything, ya got a support staff here, if needed.

Kudos on pampering the bride! They deserve it.

Floyd T
Thanks Floyd. You are right, and Iā€™ll be fine. I prefer being in control and not brining in the driver seat is not my preferred method.