• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vendor banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still unclear why we could not make some topics only available to registered members.
Yes you would have to login to see the topic, but that would be ok.
At least we would not have to worry about non-members ratting out vendors/members.

This change was made last week.

Great job Rod! :thumbs:

Dan, you just lost a lot of business. Like I said, Christmas is coming. ;)

Hell yeah. Outstanding move Rod, glad to hear about it. I was never sure it was him, but because I sorta thought so I never jumped on any of his deals. Glad I didn't contribute to that jerk.

I have to admit, I did give this guy my business once though, on a sampler pack... This whole situation makes me regret it now. Its over and done, and I wont be doing business with him again. Just wish my coin could have gone to a more deserving Brother here...

~Jadon
Yeah, I too did some business with him. Unforunate, however I had no idea he was a rat when I did do business there. Good job Rod, we don't need that bs here.

...I have gotten complaints within minutes of posting a special price. This isn't the only cigar snitch.

Ian Hannah
Billboardtobacco.com
And therein lies the problem. In the past, one need not be a registered member to see the Retailer Specials. Even if the forum is locked down, all they would need to do is register an account and never post. Then they'd be able to see everything that goes on.

I think there will necessarily need to be a fundamental change in tactics by our retailers. To this point, they've been doing all the work by posting great deals. All we had to do was bite. If their public actions are going to be subject to scrutiny, they I don't know how we can go on doing business in the old ways.

Wilkey
I've seen one system that works fairly well. After someone purchases form you they are asked to be put on a mailing list. Then specials can be exclusively emailed to existing customers. It not only reduces the risk of violating the "non-Laissez-faire" laws; but, it rewards faithful customers!

It's a Win-Win deal! :thumbs:

Steve

I was going to order a sample from that site but will have to find another source. Thanks for the heads up and for showing a noob like me that integrity is taken seriously around here.

I followed the events and wondered also.
Thanks for taking action quickly..
Frank

What a dick. I've got a little something "New Havana" can sample, I roll `em fresh every morning right after I finish my coffee :whistling:

Billy

Rod you're the best!

As for a solution, it seems that vortex has about the only idea so far that would really work. That does, however, put some burden on the vendor to maintain a list and whatnot. It's not quite as burdensome as answering 5,000 e-mails, but it's still burdensome. It would also leave some folks out that have yet to purchase from that vendor. That's not necessarily a big problem, though.

The chat room idea sounds workable, but it would be a helluva fun mess :laugh: .

Maybe there would be a way to require a term of membership to enter the vendor area combining post count and length of membership? I know that cuts some new people out, but we have to protect our supporters somehow. It may not even be possible or even workable.

It just seems like a-holes will be a-holes no matter what is done to fight it. I'd hate to see anyone lose an account over something like this.

I'm sure Rod will come up with something...

As Ian stated before, we're not out of the water yet. But maybe the loss of a 1000+ potential customers and hundreds of thousands of revenue is enough to wake someone up. Maybe this post should be stickied, it is a milestone in CP history. Good work Rod, and thanks Al for bringing this to the community's attention.

I was just checking his sight out for some Padron 2000's. Checking my entire vendor list, comparrison shopping. Time to delete that link. :angry: Thanks Rod!!!!

Damn!!! Can't seem to locate it. When I come across it....bye-bye.

Dan from newhavanacigars.com emailed us stating that he's reporting CigarPass.com to the FBI's Internet Crime Division for basically exposing him. He's claiming someone sent him a "false order". This guy is really something else. Sounds like we still have some scum amongst us.

Can't wait for the FBI to call me.

Well, I hate to say it but I also purchased a sampler from him and then posted kudos on the way the transaction was handled. Guess that makes me ass hat of the day :angry: .

Thanks Rod for all you do and hosting this great site.

Let me be the first to say, Thanks Rod. ;) Sad to see Al and the other vendors experiencing this.

Yeah, I'm sure the FBI will be all over it. I'm sure they have little else to do.

Jeez, what a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.