• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vinotemp 12 Bottle for $49.99 Shipped!

I ordered one last night at at least midnight, and there was a UPS tracking number in my inbox at 10 this morning.

Nice find! I just ordered mine today since my desktop hasn't dropped below 74 F all week and summer hasn't even gotten horrible yet.

Does anyone want to order one for me? Smokes for the vino? Let me know I will make it worth while. :thumbs:. Just do not have the cash right now (due to wedding coming in 2 months), but have more than enough smokes.

David

What's built into this unit to keep the air circulating? Is there interior fan?

If there is a fan:
If kept in a basement that's already cool (60-65) and it doesn't kick in often then you think there will be problems with circulation?

handypilot,
I have one (not one of these scratch and dents) and there is a fan in the unit. I keep it in my basement (same scenario as you posted).
RH varies slightly top to bottom, but only by a percent or so. No biggie.
-Guy

Sweet! Thanks for the reply...I just got done looking at the user manual from the manufacturer's website. It looks as though it has two fans, one for each compartment, and it also has a heat coil to bump up the temperature if needed. Looks like a pretty cool rig.

Just bought one myself. Anyone get shelves or trays made for one of these? I wanna get some ideas for mine

Mine average 12 days getting here from the time I paid to Louisiana. They come with 4 wooden trays but in my case since I store full boxes in it, I took those out. I also see he bumped the price up by 10 bucks on the ones he has left. That sucks.

Slowride, do you know how many beads would be needed for this unit? (if you use them)

Haha. I know. I was going to puller the trigger when they were $49. I waited and I saw they went up to $54 and said im not going to wait around to see how high they go, so I just did it.

The OR of this thread needs to copy this thread to the ebay seller and ask for a cut of the profits, or maybe a free unit. Just kidding, sort of

Well the price jumped to $59.99 +9.25% Calif tax but I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Hopefully this will solve my office heat/humidity issue once and for all!

Slowride, do you know how many beads would be needed for this unit? (if you use them)

I was just thinking about buying more beads so I did the calculation using the exterior dimensions and that comes out to about 12 oz which is what I'm going to use. I figure it's better to have too many than too few - although you could probably get away with less since the interior dimensions are going to be somewhat smaller.

Also I'm interested to hear what those who already have the units are currently running.

I use 1 Le Veil 12V1 in mine set on 70 in the lower and it holds 67-68 in the top as long as I don't over stuff the unit (so the air still has room to move around)
Those beads should work great too but I already had this thing sitting here.

Just got in 1/2 lb. of the beads today for future use. Those I do use in all my boxes.

edit: mine sits where it stays pretty warm (85) and it holds that 66 with no problem.

As I have been anxiously awaiting the delivery of mine, I came across a question for anybody who has this setup already - I just read through the pinned wine cooler post and it talks about plugging the condensation drainage hole in the unit. Is there a drainage system on this small of a unit? If so, what did you use, silicone, cork, thumb, etc? Thanks.

As I have been anxiously awaiting the delivery of mine, I came across a question for anybody who has this setup already - I just read through the pinned wine cooler post and it talks about plugging the condensation drainage hole in the unit. Is there a drainage system on this small of a unit? If so, what did you use, silicone, cork, thumb, etc? Thanks.
I have two of the 28ct ones and have never had condensation form up at all. You may get lucky like me and not have to even worry about it.

For you guys that placed an order for this unit expect extremely slow shipping. I paid on the 7th (Sunday) and recieved a tracking # promptly. The problem is the unit was not shipped until today!! 5 days later!! I know it is a good deal and free shipping, but dont send me a tracking # and ship 5 days later. If the buyer was upfront I would understand, but he would not return an email..Buyer Beware!!!

Ah, sh*t. I already have a 28 bottle capacity that I bought last summer ... totally full, though it has one rack for my wife's wine. I think I am going to have to get one of these for my tupperware spillover. There seem to be plenty of other Buy It Now auctions @ $59.

Think I'm also going to take the plunge. That price is too good to pass up.