• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Weather

My wife and I are supposed to have three virtual 5k, 10k, and 8 mile "races" going on this week that I had planned on walking. The sidewalks have been a sheet of ice since Saturday, so this is really not helping out my cause at all.

My wife and I are supposed to have three virtual 5k, 10k, and 8 mile "races" going on this week that I had planned on walking. The sidewalks have been a sheet of ice since Saturday, so this is really not helping out my cause at all.
Is there a gym you could use their treadmills?

Next Thursday, one week from today, it is supposed to get warm enough......for the first time in a couple weeks.....to melt the foot of snow we are supposed to get in the mean time.

Looks like you're getting some of what we have. We're also supposed to get snow Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed.
Yes, there is a sheet of ice covering everything, predicting snow for us as well next week and with these temps, good chance that it sticks...

It always amazes me how other parts of the country have no resources for snow and ice. Then you have people not knowing how to drive on snow and ice...

I can understand the resources...it's an economics thing. It costs less to shut the entire state down for two or three days than it does to maintain a statewide fleet of snow removal vehicles for an entire year. I used to say the same thing when I first moved to Arkansas (they actually had record snowfall our first week there, and I had to drive my buddy's gf's car home from her job for her). The other thing that the southern/mid south states have going against them is that they don't typically get snow, they get ice. I grew up in the northeast and thought I'd seen snow and ice... until I experienced our first true ice storm in Arkansas. Solid ice covering everything inches thick, just as if it were powdered snow. Ice is the great equalizer -- especially when you aren't used to driving in winter weather. All they can do down there is salt and cinder and hope to stay on top of the buildup. I agree that metro areas should be a little better prepared and find some way to slow traffic flow down before something like this happens.

*EDIT* And then there are all the douche-bro's in their jacked up 4WD penismobiles who think that they can drive through snow and ice just like they drive through the local mud hole. Until they find out they were wrong. Usually painfully.

Oh, he's LOVING the snow. I'm also loving how his paws are actually clean when he comes inside. ;)

I'm very careful -- chair from the door to the smoking spot, and then back to the door, again. The Mrs. has me on a very tight leash, no pun intended, and I do not want to give her any further stress or reason to guilt me into staying inside!
This would be an excellent time to bring up the topic of letting you smoke inside.