• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Weird cigars

Ekans

?
I got some really weird looking cigars from my fathers friend. He bought them from a hotel in Phuket Thailand. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

p10308901ho.jpg

p10308832kx.jpg

Yeah, I have lots of them in my backyard.

Seriously though, have you smoked one of its kind yet? i'd be interested to know how it tastes.

Wow, that's an interesting looking smoke! Let us know how it turns out.

From the photo, it looks like cardboard / paper with a green tree leaf wrapped around it... ???

If you're brave enough to smoke it, be sure to post a review.

Good luck - B.B.S.

Wow,

That is the strangest looking cigar I've ever seen. The innards do not look like anything I've ever seen inside something meant ot be smoked. The wrapper leaf looks so fresh and textural. Very nice.

Please do report your experience.

Looks like a single leaf roll to me.

I love the name of the place "Phuket". Right before you light this bad boy up just say "Ah Phuk-et! i'm smoking this!!!"

Thats not a true cigar... thats a "Biddie" made from the leaves of a tree and not tobacco.

If its anything like the ones I used to buy and smoke here in Germany before the government declared them a "controlled substance" it will have about

2.3 to 3.4mg of Nicotine and 13 to 20mg of Tar.

Be very careful with that thing Sakari, I've known alot of people who got very ill from them. I used to smoke them to get legally high.

*edit due to spelling :sign:

Very intresting looking, let us know how it is, although im not sure you wanna get high off of it.

It's a Biddi, interesting taste, but not worth it more than a novelty.

emodx said:
It's a Biddi, interesting taste, but not worth it more than a novelty.
[snapback]283066[/snapback]​

I like the taste, wish I could get more. And when I said "high" earlier Mrepp I meant more like

A NICOTINE BUZZ FROM HELL

and nothing more.

A rose by any other name is still a rose. :cool:

Doc

I have smoked these before. I saw and smoked these mostly in Myanmar (Burma). I don't recall seeing them in Thailand. They are very funky, almost eucalyptus like. They are similar to bidis but at the same time completely different. The leaf is greener, they have a 'filter' of newspaper at the end and ot tied with a string. I was taught to take the newspaper filter out of the end, mix maryjane into the filler, replace it and smoke. You could blaze this 'blunt' anywhere and people couldn't discern the illegal smell. The filler has all sorts of weird stuff in them... I remember little chunks of wood in there :0 . I visited some factories that produced these and they were ridiculously cheap.
The little I see of the band appears to be Burmese... could you give a better pic of the band itself?

-Rob

Found this info here:
http://www.tobaccolaw.org/documents/englis...SurveyIndia.pdf

"A variant of the cheroot, known as keeyo, is smoked in
Myanmar and neighboring Thailand. This cigar-like product,
measuring up to 30 cm in length, is made by rolling a mixture
of finely cut tobacco in the bark of the keeyo (Streblus
asper L.) tree or in a banana leaf (Musa paradisiaca L.). The
characteristic flavor of keeyo smoke is due to the outer covering."

Wow, now that's a strange looking cigar! I'd love to hear how it tastes - let us know! It looks like something you might order at a Japanese steak house - a leaf roll w/ sushi or something. :)

Roy R. Frush said:
Found this info here:
http://www.tobaccolaw.org/documents/englis...SurveyIndia.pdf

"A variant of the cheroot, known as keeyo, is smoked in
Myanmar and neighboring Thailand. This cigar-like product,
measuring up to 30 cm in length, is made by rolling a mixture
of finely cut tobacco in the bark of the keeyo (Streblus
asper L.) tree or in a banana leaf (Musa paradisiaca L.). The
characteristic flavor of keeyo smoke is due to the outer covering."
[snapback]283155[/snapback]​

Cool link!
-Rob

Reminds me of those Bidi cigarettes I used to see kids smoking.....

Just plain scary looking...use at your own risk!!!

-Fetter