• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well boys, the Cutler drama continues..

Weeeeeelll, not so fast, boys. Could pro football be leaning towards pro wrestling? Soon, the key players may start dressing, um, eccentrically get involved in outside (of football) altercations, and talk smack about opponents.

Seriously, this could be some very clever marketing and posturing designed to eak out every possible dime from his next contract?

Nah, he's a snot nosed baby primadonna, albeit a talented one.

Cutler is being a whiny little biznatch about this whole thing, no doubt about it, but I'm really not liking the direction McDaniels is taking the team. I don't understand why Bowlen went with an offensive minded coach when our problems were most obviously defensive.

Weeeeeelll, not so fast, boys. Could pro football be leaning towards pro wrestling? Soon, the key players may start dressing, um, eccentrically get involved in outside (of football) altercations, and talk smack about opponents.

Seriously, this could be some very clever marketing and posturing designed to eak out every possible dime from his next contract?

I would still take him over Stafford.

If they take Stafford I might have to become a Browns fan. :angry:

WOW!.....Talk about going from the frying pan in to the fire!

I heard this said on Sirius NFL today......"Prior to Shanahan leaving did you ever hear of Cutler being a bad apple?" Makes you wonder!

I heard this said on Sirius NFL today......"Prior to Shanahan leaving did you ever hear of Cutler being a bad apple?" Makes you wonder!

I am telling you he is coming to Detroit, or Tampa. We have the most to offer to them.

I am telling you he is coming to Detroit, or Tampa. We have the most to offer to them.

I'd love to see him in Detroit, but McDaniel said he wants players not picks if they trade him.

I'd love to see him in Detroit, but McDaniel said he wants players not picks if they trade him.

Give them Ernie Sims and the second round pick. Then we can draft Curry.

Well boys, local news just broke the story. Cutler hasn't returned McDaniels or owner Pat Bowlens calls over the last 10 days so Bowlen just released a statement saying his ass is history and the Broncos are open to offers/discussion. As much as I hate to lose a young Pro Bowl QB, Cutler is a whiny snatch who I will be glad is gone. That being said, you should want him, offer us the farm! :laugh:

This incident has just shown every team in the NFL his immaturity and that was not a good move on his part. He could of just requested to be traded and acted like a man but instead ignored the phone calls! Who just ignores their employers phone calls for 10 days?

This incident has just shown every team in the NFL his immaturity and that was not a good move on his part. He could of just requested to be traded and acted like a man but instead ignored the phone calls! Who just ignores their employers phone calls for 10 days?

People who get paid millions of dollars to play football and know that they'll have another job within days of getting let go of their current job. While I don't agree with the way Cutler handled the situation, he did end up getting what he wanted. I think both the Broncos and Cutler will be better of parting ways and will be interested to see where he goes and what Denver gets.

People who get paid millions of dollars to play football and know that they'll have another job within days of getting let go of their current job. While I don't agree with the way Cutler handled the situation, he did end up getting what he wanted. I think both the Broncos and Cutler will be better of parting ways and will be interested to see where he goes and what Denver gets.

I don't agree at all. The Broncos will in now way be better off, 26 year old Pro Bowl quarterbacks don't grow on trees! Hell, Pro Bowl QB's of any age are hard to come by, the NFL has a shortage of great QB's. And Jay Cutler will be in a far worse spot when he lands with the Lions. The Broncos have one of the youngest, most talented offenses in the league. Yes our D sucks but man, B Marshal, Eddie Royal, Peton Hillis, Ryan Clady, c'mon..

I don't agree at all. The Broncos will in now way be better off, 26 year old Pro Bowl quarterbacks don't grow on trees! Hell, Pro Bowl QB's of any age are hard to come by, the NFL has a shortage of great QB's. And Jay Cutler will be in a far worse spot when he lands with the Lions. The Broncos have one of the youngest, most talented offenses in the league. Yes our D sucks but man, B Marshal, Eddie Royal, Peton Hillis, Ryan Clady, c'mon..

But if you are the Broncos would you rather have an amazing QB who doesn't play up to his potential because he hates where he is at (and potentially bring down the entire locker room), or would you rather have a QB that maybe doesn't have as much talent as Cutler but who plays his heart out for the team and just wants to win. If you are Cutler would you rather play for a team you don't want to, and play because you have to, or would you rather start over with a new team, move on with your life, and try to make the best of it? Obviously the best situation would have been for Cutler to manned up, accepted the changes, and done his job, but that's not what happened. The Broncos apparently saw the potential problems that Cutlers drama could have caused. IMHO I wouldn't want an amazing QB whose drama is/could be a cancer to the team.

Edit to say: I am in no way trying to argue with you, and really hope it doesn't seem like I am :thumbs:. To be honest I don't know much about the Broncos, and have only watched Cutler on occasion so my opinion really doesn't hold much/if any weight at all. With that being said, I was merely looking at this from the perspective of what kind of problems in the future this could have caused which is why I said that the team and Cutler may be better off parting ways (to avoid future, larger problems you know?)

But if you are the Broncos would you rather have an amazing QB who doesn't play up to his potential because he hates where he is at (and potentially bring down the entire locker room), or would you rather have a QB that maybe doesn't have as much talent as Cutler but who plays his heart out for the team and just wants to win. If you are Cutler would you rather play for a team you don't want to, and play because you have to, or would you rather start over with a new team, move on with your life, and try to make the best of it? Obviously the best situation would have been for Cutler to manned up, accepted the changes, and done his job, but that's not what happened. The Broncos apparently saw the potential problems that Cutlers drama could have caused. IMHO I wouldn't want an amazing QB whose drama is/could be a cancer to the team.

We are talking the same point, bottom line its a lose lose and unfortunately Cutler forced the Broncos into this situation by acting like a baby. Listen, I am a season ticket holder and as much potential as I saw in him I called this at the end of last season. He showed his true colors when he yelled at his teammates, Shanahan and acted like a fool in front of local media. I hate to see him go but yes, I along with most here are sick of his immature antics and will take what we can get. There is a team who needs a QB and will offer something very nice in return, even though I agree he may have somewhat lowered his value with his recent actions.

We are talking the same point, bottom line its a lose lose and unfortunately Cutler forced the Broncos into this situation by acting like a baby. Listen, I am a season ticket holder and as much potential as I saw in him I called this at the end of last season. He showed his true colors when he yelled at his teammates, Shanahan and acted like a fool in front of local media. I hate to see him go but yes, I along with most here are sick of his immature antics and will take what we can get. There is a team who needs a QB and will offer something very nice in return, even though I agree he may have somewhat lowered his value with his recent actions.

I agree 100%. This is a very unfortunate situation for all parties involved, but situations like this are happening more and more lately. With the amount of money these guys get paid I think it gives them a sense of entitlement to get EVERYTHING they THINK they need.

Just wondering what you think, but do you think that Denver was worried a little bit about him having Diabetes? It was something that just came up at the end of the year and could cause some problems in the future. (It more than likely would be just fine)

Just wondering what you think, but do you think that Denver was worried a little bit about him having Diabetes? It was something that just came up at the end of the year and could cause some problems in the future. (It more than likely would be just fine)

Good question but no. McDaniels came in and being only 32 had to make a move/stand that would say "I'm the man." When it backfired he refused to fall on his sword, Cutler threw a fit and the rest is history. Two idiots who are only hurting themselves and the team instead of admitting when they screwed up and moving on. When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. They should read the Proverbs.... :whistling:

Good question but no. McDaniels came in and being only 32 had to make a move/stand that would say "I'm the man." When it backfired he refused to fall on his sword, Cutler threw a fit and the rest is history. Two idiots who are only hurting themselves and the team instead of admitting when they screwed up and moving on. When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. They should read the Proverbs.... :whistling:
Well put!

Have you seen the latest off of ESPN News? They say one of the hotter topics right now is sending Cutler and a pick (presumably a 3rd to Carolina for Peppers and either Delhomme or Matt Moore. Be nice to have that QB who didn't continually underthrow Steve Smith!~

Have you seen the latest off of ESPN News? They say one of the hotter topics right now is sending Cutler and a pick (presumably a 3rd to Carolina for Peppers and either Delhomme or Matt Moore. Be nice to have that QB who didn't continually underthrow Steve Smith!~

They really need to stick it too him by trading him to the worst team in the league. Sending him to the Panthers would be too nice.

They really need to stick it too him by trading him to the worst team in the league. Sending him to the Panthers would be too nice.

:laugh:

I agree 100%. This is a very unfortunate situation for all parties involved, but situations like this are happening more and more lately. With the amount of money these guys get paid I think it gives them a sense of entitlement to get EVERYTHING they THINK they need.
This happens well before they get the money. As the uncle of a young man who has been told he shows prospective NBA ability, I can assure you the handouts and entitlements start well before they get the big money. It's a damn shame what these kids go through and have put into their heads. I'm not looking forward to seeing the aftermath of him not making it.