• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP actually is a very friendly community. Sometimes things get a little ugly. Other forums like to paint a pretty picture - they delete threads, edit other members' posts, scramble passwords, etc. That is what I call a FALSE sense of community. CP is the real deal. We're an open minded forum - we don't mold it into a falsified community of what people want to see.

While things may seem unfriendly, we're really not. Think about it... Those other forums your part of are heavily moderated. We can do the same thing, however I really like being part of a true community where people are responsible for their own actions.

Sorry to see Wilkey go, however this can be mended.

It's unfortunate ego's get in the way - if everyone stopped bitching and moaning and did the right thing, this thread wouldn't have turned into such a pissing match.

I agree that other forums are moderated, but I wouldn't go so far as to say those forums are heavily moderated. It still stands that I've never seen as much name calling and bickering as here.

Read rule #3 - http://www.cigarpass.com/forum_etiquette.shtml

Anyone seen name calling will be dealt with.

Bobby - I'm part of other cigar forums, and like I said, a lot of stuff is covered up and removed. I don't believe there is a significant amount of "name calling" here. I will go through this thread later and take appropriate action.

This situation is getting very cloudy, and in my opinion it shouldn’t be.

In my opinion, Bill did the right thing not revealing Brian as the person who contacted him. Invoking accusations by someone who can’t be questioned, would have caused more harm than good. As for the others, according to Bill, those names were not revealed to him. There were pleanty of us here who knew the name, and likewise, it was not our place to provide it. John however, felt that he by virtue of his relationship, and his personal involvement did feel he had the right.

Bill and Mike, your side battle in this thread is distracting, and should be taken offline or to a separate thread.

Another distraction within this thread is Bill’s perceived status in this community as a trouble maker, only appearing to enter battles. Much of this is Bill’s fault. In recent years for whatever reason, this has been Bill’s MO. Bill, you used to interact much more, and had more to contribute, and the newer members would have something else to consider when you speak out on a subject if you went back to your past post whoring. :laugh:

But all of the above are just the distractions. What is most concerning to me and the big issue as I see it is Wilkey’s reaction. This was over many many post ago with a simple “My bad, I’ll make you right”. Instead, your responses were excuses and accusations. The worst mistake you made in my opinion was your decision to send Bill’s payment through an intermediary, effectively saying “It’s not about me, it’s about Bill”. Personal responsibility, integrety and honesty are highly valued in this very impersonal community, that is where I see the real issue at hand. We all screw up on occasion, how we deal with those instances determines who we are and how others interact with us.

Bill, your part here is nearly complete. Your timing has been questioned, and answered. Your next step will be to acknowledge receipt, and offer your thanks for a trade completed. Wilkey, You can fix this. You have been a valuable member of this community and many here will miss your contributions.

Holmes, the four horsemen are taken. You'll have to come up with your own metaphor.

This situation is getting very cloudy, and in my opinion it shouldn’t be.

In my opinion, Bill did the right thing not revealing Brian as the person who contacted him. Invoking accusations by someone who can’t be questioned, would have caused more harm than good. As for the others, according to Bill, those names were not revealed to him. There were pleanty of us here who knew the name, and likewise, it was not our place to provide it. John however, felt that he by virtue of his relationship, and his personal involvement did feel he had the right.

Bill and Mike, your side battle in this thread is distracting, and should be taken offline or to a separate thread.

Another distraction within this thread is Bill’s perceived status in this community as a trouble maker, only appearing to enter battles. Much of this is Bill’s fault. In recent years for whatever reason, this has been Bill’s MO. Bill, you used to interact much more, and had more to contribute, and the newer members would have something else to consider when you speak out on a subject if you went back to your past post whoring. :laugh:

But all of the above are just the distractions. What is most concerning to me and the big issue as I see it is Wilkey’s reaction. This was over many many post ago with a simple “My bad, I’ll make you right”. Instead, your responses were excuses and accusations. The worst mistake you made in my opinion was your decision to send Bill’s payment through an intermediary, effectively saying “It’s not about me, it’s about Bill”. Personal responsibility, integrety and honesty are highly valued in this very impersonal community, that is where I see the real issue at hand. We all screw up on occasion, how we deal with those instances determines who we are and how others interact with us.

Bill, your part here is nearly complete. Your timing has been questioned, and answered. Your next step will be to acknowledge receipt, and offer your thanks for a trade completed. Wilkey, You can fix this. You have been a valuable member of this community and many here will miss your contributions.

My sentiments exactly. Well said.

I've been reading and following this thread since its inception, with little to nothing to say, until now.

Just because someone tells you, in effect, your money is no good here, doesn't mean you don't still owe them for their labor. My point is, just becasue Brian #1 said, stick it up your ass and smoke it, or whatever the exact exchange was, doesn't mean that it shouldn't have been sent anyway.

I myself made a couple blunders two years ago, to which I offered to make good on and was told, forget about it. I didn't forget, sent the sticks I owed, and have since exchanged many personal and concerning pm's with said person. I consider him a friend, and I hope he does the same.

It isn't enough that we offer and are rejected, but rather, how we play the game. If you owe it, pay it. It will come back to haunt you later.

I was joking just the other day with Wilkey, so I'm a little sickened that now I find that he screwed a person such as Brian. Bill I can see, but not Brian. :laugh:

Its more of an effort to diffuse the tension.

This thread has basically been played out.

And has come to a very sad conclusion.

This thread has run its course.

Bill - I will send you the cigars once I receive them from Wilkey.