• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s in your pipe today? 2020

Watch city slices from my good friend @H. Vachon
Really smooth stuff. I let it air dry for about two hours. Flavor of talcum powder, nuts, some iridium steel. I really like this.
All I got from this was you tried to air dry your nuts for two hours but you ended up using talcum powder? Must be a humid day in Mississippi 🤣 Glad you enjoyed it my friend. An excellent smoke indeed.

'Dayyy from Greece with 33 'C

6F9fPmF.jpg

ug8Lhcp.jpg

Peterson Gold Blend.

Warning....tear jerker below.... especially for the animal lovers.

In a moment of weakness last week I ordered a new pipe and some tobacco. Little did I know that a few hours after it arrived on Monday afternoon that I'd get some of the worst news you could hear. My 13.5 yr old dog had advanced stages of cancer. We had been dealing with her coughing and struggling to breathe, but we thought she picked up a bug at the groomer. So I decided that night to put my new pipe away until she passed, and I would smoke it in her honor. It never occurred to me that a diagnosis on Monday meant we would be putting her to sleep today, just two days later. I feel empty, I'm sad beyond belief, but I'm relieved she is not suffering.

That being said, I've raised a glass, and I'm getting ready to dedicate a pipe to the little ball of energy that was our furry child. Every time I smoke this pipe, I'm going to remember how much she meant to my wife and I. She came into our lives after we found out we wouldn't be able to have children, so she replaced that part of us that we were missing.

To Lola. I miss you more than you could know, and I will always remember you when I smoke this pipe.

IMG_20200729_170908.jpg

My brother, I am so sorry for your loss. Some people may never understand the bond that forms between a dog and its owner(s). They truly are part of the family. I hope every time you smoke that pipe, you’re remember only of the happy memories

My brother, I am so sorry for your loss. Some people may never understand the bond that forms between a dog and its owner(s). They truly are part of the family. I hope every time you smoke that pipe, you’re remember only of the happy memories

Thank you. I have only happy memories until the last few days. The good far outweighs the bad.

In a moment of weakness last week I ordered a new pipe and some tobacco. Little did I know that a few hours after it arrived on Monday afternoon that I'd get some of the worst news you could hear. My 13.5 yr old dog had advanced stages of cancer. We had been dealing with her coughing and struggling to breathe, but we thought she picked up a bug at the groomer. So I decided that night to put my new pipe away until she passed, and I would smoke it in her honor. It never occurred to me that a diagnosis on Monday meant we would be putting her to sleep today, just two days later. I feel empty, I'm sad beyond belief, but I'm relieved she is not suffering.

That being said, I've raised a glass, and I'm getting ready to dedicate a pipe to the little ball of energy that was our furry child. Every time I smoke this pipe, I'm going to remember how much she meant to my wife and I. She came into our lives after we found out we wouldn't be able to have children, so she replaced that part of us that we were missing.

To Lola. I miss you more than you could know, and I will always remember you when I smoke this pipe.

View attachment 32506

Dude, so sorry for your loss. Our dogs become our family, and they are raised like our children. I will keep you and your wife and Lola in my thoughts when I next light a pipe.

Midway (2019) film based on the Attack on Pearl Harbor and the subsequent Battle of Midway during World War II.
The Intelligence officer (and a Navy director too) were pipe smoking in that film which ''as always'' had some exaggerations and historical mistakes.

28247944304bec3b818fc9b9494aee642f8a8af7.jpg

Samuel Gawith Perfection.

I know I'm digging up an old post here (going back through all the pages of this thread), but figured I'd comment on this one. When I lived in Hawaii, parts of "Midway" were filmed on Ford Island where I worked at Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum. I was able to see some of the filming of scenes, and most of the cast visited the Museum at one point or another to see our Midway exhibit and climb in a Dauntless dive bomber. I was incredibly underwhelmed by the final theatrical release, but I guess I should have expected that.

Sid, how many pipes do you own? I love seeing your photos. We are planning to visit Greece once all of this Covid stuff calms down (whenever that may be) -- I'd love to enjoy morning coffee at a cafe with you, some day. I'm jealous of your 30˚ + weather; I haven't seen above 22˚ here in the Netherlands.

View attachment 32506
Very sorry to hear this, tomorrow night I will make sure to raise a glass and pipe to Lola as well!

No photos for now, because it's all been and will be Independence Day in my cob until Chad's care package arrives.