• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2021

Does a deep fryer count in this thread? If so, I did a 13# bird today. Butter herb injection and Smokehouse Maple rub. Took bout an hour and turned out well.

Floyd T

Attachments

• CFC7CB5C-3B6C-4A5A-A67D-002BA85BC6D6.jpeg
    CFC7CB5C-3B6C-4A5A-A67D-002BA85BC6D6.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 8
  • FB5A44CD-35EC-439D-BAAC-EADC19143E3A.jpeg
    FB5A44CD-35EC-439D-BAAC-EADC19143E3A.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 15
  • 30A804E5-9B70-493B-81FE-1C0A49421964.jpeg
    30A804E5-9B70-493B-81FE-1C0A49421964.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 14
Pre-fryer look.

Attachments

• 8930B8E8-82DA-4A5C-A24C-3B8E574DFC11.jpeg
    8930B8E8-82DA-4A5C-A24C-3B8E574DFC11.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 1
Looks amazing, Floyd! I always tell myself at Thanksgiving I'm going to cook turkey more often, and then never do.

Aside from the shit ton of oil you use, it’s worth the effort. Turns out really moist.

Floyd T

Does a deep fryer count in this thread? If so, I did a 13# bird today. Butter herb injection and Smokehouse Maple rub. Took bout an hour and turned out well.

Floyd T
I’ve deep fried turkeys a couple of time and they always came out tender and juicy but I’m really responding because your choice of dinner ware brings back fond memories........

I’ve deep fried turkeys a couple of time and they always came out tender and juicy but I’m really responding because your choice of dinner ware brings back fond memories........

EXACTLY!!! I'm assuming you're talking about the portioned plate?! I love them and like to have my food separated and not flowing all together. My wife found these (they are porcelain and heavy duty), so I use them quite a bit. I've even won her over on them.

Floyd T

Your in my wheel house now @CBoukal I think I could eat that entire tray or be miserable trying...
So I used the Treager recipe, replaced the tomato with Rotel and skipped the Jalapeno because my wife doesn't like spice. I also forgot to do the sour cream which would have made it more creamy. I am going to try this a few more times and refine the recipe some and then I'll share it. But I think for sure the dutch oven is a must!! Problem is I don't own one...... Yet

So I used the Treager recipe, replaced the tomato with Rotel and skipped the Jalapeno because my wife doesn't like spice. I also forgot to do the sour cream which would have made it more creamy. I am going to try this a few more times and refine the recipe some and then I'll share it. But I think for sure the dutch oven is a must!! Problem is I don't own one...... Yet
I make one very similar to the traeger recipe but I used 1 lb of breakfast sausage and 1 lb of chorizo. Also instead of using sour cream I actually use Cream of Jalapeno soup. Makes it creamy, gives it that jalapeno flavor and not spicy which my kids wouldn't eat.

This is a fantastic dutch oven, i have 3 of them in different sizes. I use these things all the time and honestly one of my favorite items in the kitchen. Last night I actually made Jambalaya with chicken, sausage and shrimp. And if paultra looks at this no it would not pass as being great jambalaya if I was in lousiana, but for arizona it does the trick haha.

Man, the last time I made queso, my family bitched about how smoky it was. Did you use smoke or use the residual "smoke" that's already in the smoker?

I love the Lodge cast iron one.

Next time dump it into a crockpot to keep it warm!

Man, the last time I made queso, my family bitched about how smoky it was. Did you use smoke or use the residual "smoke" that's already in the smoker?
I’ll take your smoked queso!