• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s Your Latest Purchase - 2022

I'm curious what you think of the Tuxtla, the biggest one (not sure if they are the same blends, different shape. And still not sure what shape is what).
I smoked that one a few days ago and I didn't care for it too much. It's wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't buy it again. Just not in my taste range or something.
Smoked the Avion '13, it is more of a a medium bodied cigar not the same pepper profile that Tats are known for. I guess the Mexican wrapper has a lot to do with this. Enjoyable cigar, I always give new releases more time to age. The Tuxtla wrappers are definitely very different from the brown label Tats. Like in all things YMMV.

I would be interested in your thoughts on those.

I'm going to let them sit for a few days, but I'll let ya know. I have a thread started, sort of, in the cigar review forum. I'll post there when I give them a try. I'm not "refined" enough ;):) for any of those tasting notes like sweet hay, spice, or leather, etc, but I do my best to describe the smoke, flavor, and draw.

Just got them today, excited to see how they turn out to be.

View attachment 60060View attachment 60061

Definitely not close to the CC, especially in gordo. I bought a box of robs from CP last year. I handed most of them out at my niece's wedding this past May in FL (Villages). Here is a couple days before when we played 36 with the groom-to-be:

IMG952798.jpg

Pic he took prior to lighting:

671583832.jpg

His first cigar ever and he loved it. I just bought him a box of Griffin's recently for his bday. Why those? His name is Griffin... welcome to the family Griff!

Definitely not close to the CC, especially in gordo. I bought a box of robs from CP last year. I handed most of them out at my niece's wedding this past May in FL (Villages). Here is a couple days before when we played 36 with the groom-to-be:

View attachment 60071

Pic he took prior to lighting:

View attachment 60072

His first cigar ever and he loved it. I just bought him a box of Griffin's recently for his bday. Why those? His name is Griffin... welcome to the family Griff!

I bought these mainly because I read that AJ Fernandez "updated" the original cigar and this was the final product. I haven't had anything made by him that I didn't like, so I'm glad to hear that. A few days and I'll light one up. Maybe a week, it's like 105-110 every day here for the next week.

My Nubs are at the top of the pile at the moment. Anything to have a short smoke and get back inside before I require a gallon of Gatorade!

Just posted in Today's Smoke about these Merchant Queens. If you like DE Undercrown in Maduro, try these. Super tasty and better than Undercrown imo.. at half the cost too! Also did CI's Diesel sale.. always had a soft spot for the corona Unlimited Maduros and got 3 boxes for a song.

The Merchants came with 2 fivers too, all 90+ rated sticks from Rocky and Oliva.. plus a Rocky vector torch. Check out the MQs if you dig the maduro UC.

20220901_015027.jpg