• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Are Some Good Affordable Cigars?

180SX

Well, I'm not making the money I used to due to a medical condition and the econome has gone under...so I don't have the money I used to to enjoy some of my favorite cigars like Romeo y Julietes', Montecistos', and Davidoffs'. I've mostly been soming Garcia Y Vegas and when I have a little extra cash I'll get some Macanudos'.

Can anyone recommend some other inexpensive, but still decent flavor/texture cigars? I greatly appreciate.

I tryed to do a search on this topic prior to this post and came up empty handed. D'OH!

Thanks all!

-180SX

Sancho Panza

Or you could take up the pipe. Very affordable.

There's a recent thread in the lounge, titled "The best cheap cigar".

Also try a search for "cheap".

Wow... In my short here, I am already seeing recurring themes in newbie posts. I am really starting to appreciate the read more, post less mantra.

Wow... In my short here, I am already seeing recurring themes in newbie posts. I am really starting to appreciate the read more, post less mantra.
Actually, I've always thought it should be, "search more and you won't need to post so damn much".

Doc.

Actually, I've always thought it should be, "search more and you won't need to post so damn much".

Doc.

How about there is no dumb questions unless it is one you did not search for first rp
WOW, THESE are all useless posts in my opinion, how about sharing some of your knowledge? Or do you want the site to come to a screeching halt with no new posts? Anyhow I agree with the Sancho P's, also Maria Mancinis are a good bet as well as Remedios all available at JR.

If you would have looked 3/4's down the page you would have found THIS and saved yourself the aggravation. This is a cigar board that has been around for eight yrs. You don't think the question has been asked ad nauseum ? Asking the same questions over and over is a waste of bandwith and wasts our gracious host's money.

Doc.

Doc.

How about there is no dumb questions unless it is one you did not search for first rp
WOW, THESE are all useless posts in my opinion, how about sharing some of your knowledge? Or do you want the site to come to a screeching halt with no new posts? Anyhow I agree with the Sancho P's, also Maria Mancinis are a good bet as well as Remedios all available at JR.

No mate, this is a useless post with some useful replies. It is a good habit to get into searching the wealth of information available on this site to get answers to VERY common questions, rather than annoying those who have seen the same post paraphrased hundreds of times.

Save the new posts for fresh information...

Doc.

If you would have looked 3/4's down the page you would have found THIS and saved yourself the aggravation. This is a cigar board that has been around for eight yrs. You don't think the question has been asked ad nauseum ? Asking the same questions over and over is a waste of bandwith and wasts our gracious host's money.

Doc.

Doc.

No mate, this is a useless post with some useful replies. It is a good habit to get into searching the wealth of information available on this site to get answers to VERY common questions, rather than annoying those who have seen the same post paraphrased hundreds of times.

Save the new posts for fresh information...

Hey Admins, put a giant flashing banner in the header "SEARCH FIRST!!!!!"

Ouch you guys are brutal...How about answering the noobs question or explaining the search function politely. The back and forth banter is far more annoying than the redundant posting.

Site Rules & Forum Etiquette
We striclty enforce the rules below. Failure to abide by our rules will result in suspension and/or banning of your account. Please see our banning policy below.

Rules

1.) Before posting a question (especially if it seems that it may be a common question), please use the search feature on the forum. Simply click the Search button, and type in what you're looking for. There's a good chance your question has already been answered.

We don't have many rules here, we just ask that you follow the one's that we do.

We striclty enforce the rules below. Failure to abide by our rules will result in suspension and/or banning of your account. Please see our banning policy below.

Rules

1.) Before posting a question (especially if it seems that it may be a common question), please use the search feature on the forum. Simply click the Search button, and type in what you're looking for. There's a good chance your question has already been answered.

We don't have many rules here, we just ask that you follow the one's that we do.

I'm all for rules and etiquette...but how many times have you seen some old FOG jump in and make the "try searching first noob" comment. Like I said that to me is more annoying then the redundant posting. Copy and pasting from the Rules and Etiquette forum just as you did would sever better. However we have 10 useless post and this
Devil Doc said:
f you would have looked 3/4's down the page you would have found THIS and saved yourself the aggravation. This is a cigar board that has been around for eight yrs. You don't think the question has been asked ad nauseum ? Asking the same questions over and over is a waste of bandwith and wasts our gracious host's money.
This kinda comment seems to be the only thing wasting bandwidth, time and money.

Save it for the mods ...Its like the cello or no cello threads. We have all seen them...and unfortunately there not going away. I see 1 or 2 every month...who cares! If you cant help a BOTL out... just dont post, or move on.

Now back to the OP
@180sx...Try some Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte (JR's has a good deal now w/freebie)
Perdomo 826 slow aged (Cbid you can pick these up for less than 2 bucks a stick)
Oliva G Special G's Nat or Mad (112.00 for 40) another great value.
Alcazar make a nice bundle maduro (one dimensional but better than a Garcia Y Vega)

Sorry about that mate. As you so pointed out "newbie posts" have recurring themes. That's why we post questions, to get assistance/advice from those who have more experience/knowledge. Sharing what we know is how we learn. That's what I think anyhow.

I also really hate the lable of "newbie." I think it said some where in the registration requirements that it's not how much you post, but what you post. Hmmmm?!?!

I'm just looking for some decent cigars. I smoke a pipe on a daily basis, because I hate cigs and I can't get decent affordable cigars. I hate to call them cheap...because that puts a negative lable on them, just like "newbie."

If I had the money, I'd be smoking the fine cigars I used to enjoy! I no longer have that benefit, and that is why I was looking for less expensive cigars because I still enjoy smoking cigars. I just do not want to smoke something that is inexpensive, but taste horable...that's all.

BTW: DID YOU NOT READ MY POST IN FULL??? I TRYED A SEARCH AND STATED THIS IN MY POST!!! PERHAPS I DID NOT SEARCH USING THE RIGHT WORD(S), BUT I DID NOT GET ANY RESULTS. PLEASE READ MY POST COMPLETELY BEFORE MAKING STATEMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN COVERED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION.

It's all good, I reckon...um hum!

Oliva G's and Fonseca 5-50's are good cigars. A cheap cigar that is pretty tasty is an El Mejor Emerald.

Rules

I'm all for rules and etiquette...but how many times have you seen some old FOG jump in and make the "try searching first noob" comment. Like I said that to me is more annoying then the redundant posting. Copy and pasting from the Rules and Etiquette forum just as you did would sever better. However we have 10 useless post and this
Devil Doc said:
f you would have looked 3/4's down the page you would have found THIS and saved yourself the aggravation. This is a cigar board that has been around for eight yrs. You don't think the question has been asked ad nauseum ? Asking the same questions over and over is a waste of bandwith and wasts our gracious host's money.
This kinda comment seems to be the only thing wasting bandwidth, time and money.

Save it for the mods ...Its like the cello or no cello threads. We have all seen them...and unfortunately there not going away. I see 1 or 2 every month...who cares! If you cant help a BOTL out... just dont post, or move on.

Now back to the OP
@180sx...Try some Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte (JR's has a good deal now w/freebie)
Perdomo 826 slow aged (Cbid you can pick these up for less than 2 bucks a stick)
Oliva G Special G's Nat or Mad (112.00 for 40) another great value.
Alcazar make a nice bundle maduro (one dimensional but better than a Garcia Y Vega)
There are no mods here. Before you start trying to change the way things are done around here you should do a search and see how that has gone for others before you. CP is different than any other forum out there. It has been around for a lot longer than you or I have been here and it continues to work.

The repeated posting of the same topics actually is not beneficial to ANYONE. It actually buries the info that is available by moving it further down the board and off of the first page.

Ouch you guys are brutal...How about answering the noobs question or explaining the search function politely. The back and forth banter is far more annoying than the redundant posting.

Whoooo-boy

I'm all for rules and etiquette...but how many times have you seen some old FOG jump in and make the "try searching first noob" comment. I don't know, considering you haven't been here a week, how many times have you seen it happen so far? Like I said that to me is more annoying then the redundant posting.

Save it for the mods ... no mods here If you cant help a BOTL out... just dont post, or move on. Most of the posts here were to help.

No offense, but searching is not hard and is more than just using the search feature. You're new; browse each section a bit to see what's going on and the thread topics being discussed. If you had done so you would have seen this topic being discussed. I'm new as well and before I post any questions I make sure its not answered first. Being new we haven't answered theese questions over and over again as most of these guys have, I can see how it would be annoying.