• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you brewing?

His Sig even says he's currently drinking "Big Swell" fer chrissakes!

Just racked my Belgian IPA into a keg along with a tea ball full of cascade and amarillo.

Brewed a BSDA with my brother while he was here for Thanksgiving and also put him to work helping me bottle my Imp Saison and Belgian Wheatwine.

I think I'm gonna take another shot at a sour mash with my Redemption clone recipe.

Cracked open a few of the Irish stouts that have been resting nicely in the fridge. Best one I've done so far, and the first that didn't have that "twang" you often get with home brews. Not as good as Guinness, but these cases sure won't last long. :thumbs:

Well gents, I brewed 2 batches a month ago. Yes they were my first batches and man do they taste like crap. The first was an IPA, it has a rough taste to it. I popped a bottle two weeks ago and it was not that bad, but had one the other night and I had to put it down the sink. The other batch was an Hefe an it is way over Carbonated, maybe I should leave it in the fridge for a bit longer? It is like drinking Sparkling water. Well, I will be trying my 3 batch this week, I hope it turns out better than the other two. The great thing is that I have learned something on every try!

I got a vial of bugs today that a guy had isolated from about 20 or so commercial beers. Gonna do a turbid mash with some of my free raw wheat and start the first leg of a gueuze once it warms up a little.

No more brewing for me until I get some more kegs. That means no brewing until I get down to the Cities as I'm not paying to ship kegs up here.

Stout goes in the keg tomorrow as long as the gravity checks out. It stalled at 1.020 on me and I needed to put it into a warmer spot and rouse the yeast.

Thought I'd post another update.

Did the 888 Russian Imperial stout from Homebrewtalk....wish I made it more hoppy!

I did a sweet stout, 1/2 plain, 1/2 on chocolate and cherries. Drinking the first of the choco/cherry right now....pretty good, but subdued

Ballast Point Amber clone...my first no chill and not carbed yet but definitely my best beer so far.

My first true sour beer made with the dregs of a Russian River Redemption.

Right now I'm brewing a clone of Avery Brabant, which the brewers so kindly gave me the recipe to. I'm using the Russian River Temptation dregs to give it a twist and sourness compared to the original, but it retains its somewhat dark roastiness.

I just racked my first brew into secondary last night. Starting was something like 1.050 and finished was 1.010, so something like 5.25%. I'm doing a copy of Real Ales Fireman's #4. I learned a good lesson though. Starting to brew during the middle of the week at 7pm is not the greatest of ideas. heh.

Me and a good friend from work just started home brewing recently. We have an Irish red in bottles that will be done about mid Jan and a Saint Paul porter that should be ready this Sunday for bottling. I love that that hobby seems to go quite well with collecting/smoking cigars.

Me and a good friend from work just started home brewing recently. We have an Irish red in bottles that will be done about mid Jan and a Saint Paul porter that should be ready this Sunday for bottling. I love that that hobby seems to go quite well with collecting/smoking cigars.

Hmmm...looks like we might have to set up a homebrew/cigar trade down the line there, Joe... :whistling: :thumbs:

Sunday I brewed a Porter that came in @ 1.066 and Promash estimated 71 IBU of Fuggle and EKG. Fermenting with a slurry of Wyeast 1028. I can't wait 'til this is ready!

Hmmm...looks like we might have to set up a homebrew/cigar trade down the line there, Joe... :whistling: :thumbs:

I would certainly be up for that. Let's see if we are any good at it first :sign: