• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you brewing?

ramping up for the Chocolate/ Coffee porter, right after I bottle the test run that i brewed

ps: how long can beer sit on jello finnings?

Tim

Brewing a weizen for our homebrew club weizen tasting with 50% dark wheat/50% pils and CL 930 today.

Will be doing an all brett b blonde tomorrow for a club project where we're all using the same recipe with different yeasts.

Brewing a weizen for our homebrew club weizen tasting with 50% dark wheat/50% pils and CL 930 today.

Will be doing an all brett b blonde tomorrow for a club project where we're all using the same recipe with different yeasts.

Seriously, what do you do with all this beer? Do you have people over all the time? 5 gallons lasts like a year here.

I only wished I lived closer to Justin because that brett blonde is a tastey brew...i 'd be over all the time!

I only wished I lived closer to Justin because that brett blonde is a tastey brew...i 'd be over all the time!

This is actually different than the one you had. That was primaried with a saison yeast and then added brett in secondary. This one will be brett in primary (and also has a different grain bill).

Mathew > I really like brewing different things, so find ways to make it disappear. Usually down my gullet. :D

No brewing really, but just racked my imperial red off of the first round of dry hops and onto the second. Also racked my blueberry melomel off of the blueberries to bulk age. Will be making my first cider on Sunday for the wife and her friends.

i still need to rack my pale ale....jeez!!!

Tim

Just about done boiling a black ipa with simcoe, palisade, saphir, and columbus.

i still need to rack my pale ale....jeez!!!

Tim

ok this shit has been of gelatin fining for about 2 weeks, is that gonna hurt it?

Tim

A buddy and I just tapped a Tennessee Red that has a bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel in it. First sip this weekend was phenomenal can't wait to see this sucker age a little.... :thumbs:

Founders Kentucky Breakfast clone is kegged and carbed, same with the Apfelwein. Both are outstanding and pouring well, though I'll likely use a different oak for the Founders next time, as this one came out a bit on the earthy side. Not overly so, just, not as toasted/woodsie as I would have liked. A heavy toast using French will likely give me what I am looking for.

I still need to brew up Edwort's Haus Pale Ale, but I am waiting until after we move, as I really do not want to try to move around gallons of beer in carboys during the summer. :p

Founders Kentucky Breakfast clone is kegged and carbed, same with the Apfelwein. Both are outstanding and pouring well, though I'll likely use a different oak for the Founders next time, as this one came out a bit on the earthy side. Not overly so, just, not as toasted/woodsie as I would have liked. A heavy toast using French will likely give me what I am looking for.

I still need to brew up Edwort's Haus Pale Ale, but I am waiting until after we move, as I really do not want to try to move around gallons of beer in carboys during the summer. :p

Did you soak the oak cubes in bourbon?

I'm brewing a huge Burton ale today. All the members in my club are brewing it and we're all going to secondary in the bourbon barrel that we just drained the Imp Vanilla porter out of.

Brewing a second batch of this right now. We also decided we're going to dose it with brett b in the barrel. :thumbs:

Did you soak the oak cubes in bourbon?

Well of course. :D Though, after tasting it, I wish I had added more bourbon directly to the beer than I did. Ah well, it's still good, but the next batch will be better!

Borrowing a buddies plate chiller to see how it works on my system and decide if I want to buy one. Will be testing it out on a saison using some yeast I cultured out of a De Ranke bottle.

Borrowing a buddies plate chiller to see how it works on my system and decide if I want to buy one. Will be testing it out on a saison using some yeast I cultured out of a De Ranke bottle.

Nice :) Are you using a chiller of any type right now, or are you just going the ice bath route? I built this thing a while ago, and it works outstanding, but I want to build a pre-chiller for it to immerse in ice water:

6c515071.jpg

Nice :) Are you using a chiller of any type right now, or are you just going the ice bath route? I built this thing a while ago, and it works outstanding, but I want to build a pre-chiller for it to immerse in ice water:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Cubic2AC/Brewing/Beer/6c515071.jpg[/img
[/quote]

I actually have an immersion and a counter flow chiller. ???

They both work ok, but I just got a pump and I really want to be able to whirlpool with it. The CFC restricts it too much and I can't get a whirlpool. I still need to try the whirlpool along with the immersion chiller, but my buddy can go from boiling to pitching temps in 4 minutes with his plate chiller. :0

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Cubic2AC/Brewing/Beer/6c515071.jpg"]http://img.photobuck...er/6c515071.jpg[/url][/img
[/quote]

They both work ok, but I just got a pump and I really want to be able to whirlpool with it. The CFC restricts it too much and I can't get a whirlpool. I still need to try the whirlpool along with the immersion chiller, but my buddy can go from boiling to pitching temps in 4 minutes with his plate chiller. :0
[/quote]

Wow, not bad at all. I'll let you know how the pre-chiller and immersion works out. I get really good cold breaks right now as is (my tap water is really cold), so I get down to pitching temps in about 10 minutes or less. I figure with a pre-chiller I should be in the 6 minute range, which is perfect for the cost. I get a pretty good whirlpool with the immersion, but I have no doubt that a plate chiller would work better.

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Cubic2AC/Brewing/Beer/6c515071.jpg"]http://img.photobuck...er/6c515071.jpg[/url][/img
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow, not bad at all. I'll let you know how the pre-chiller and immersion works out. I get really good cold breaks right now as is (my tap water is really cold), so I get down to pitching temps in about 10 minutes or less. I figure with a pre-chiller I should be in the 6 minute range, which is perfect for the cost. I get a pretty good whirlpool with the immersion, but I have no doubt that a plate chiller would work better.
[/quote]

Forgot to mention a different buddy has a pre-chiller for his immersion, and it works great. Do you just whirlpool by stirring?