• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you listening to?

G&R--Chinese Democracy.
As a fellow Guns fan, I gotta know, is it worth shelling out $15 for? I heard the title track on the radio about 10 times and I still don't like it. Any good ones on the rest of the album?
Don't waste your hard earned greenbacks on that crap....

Jammin out to Metallica Death Magnetic.

Might be the best Metallica has done. :thumbs: Truly a classic.
Definately the best Metallica has done. If you're gonna spend money on a comeback album this is the one. GnR's latest isn't even mediocre. It belongs in the bargain bucket at WalMart...

Growing up it was nothing but the 60's and 70's genre. Over the years I got bored and starting buying old blues, jazz, country and classical. My children bought me an i-pod a couple of years back that holds close to a 1000 songs. Part of the gift was that they would load it with whatever I chose. Now if you walk into my office it’s usually on shuffle so you may hear anything from Led Zeppelin to Brent Buswell the accordion king of Wisconsin. Like cigars, my musical taste has evolved over the years. Who knows what's next.

Today while trying to finish the new floor I've got on hand:

Phish - Junta
Rush - Snakes and Arrows
Pink Floyd - Works

Today while trying to finish the new floor I've got on hand:

Phish - Junta
Rush - Snakes and Arrows
Pink Floyd - Works

Ahh, Pink FLoyd "Works". The first time I ever heard "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" was in 1984. I had just returned to my Prep School from a mid-winter break with a couple of sheets of exceptionally good windowpane acid that I had handed out to a bunch of my buddies. After dosing in the early evening I went back to my room around 2:00 am, starting to come down but still pretty high.

I turned my stereo on to WMMR (Philadelphia) and got...dead air. I thought something was wrong with my system and then I heard it - this quiet, sort of chirping noise. I froze for a second and then sat back down and listened to this noise coming out of my speakers with a growing sense of alarm. At first I thought someone was playing a joke on me and then, for the briefest of moments I was sure there was some sort of conspiracy going on specifically designed to freak me out. Finally, I just leaned back and let the 5 minutes or so of sound wash over me.

When the song ended, there was another 5 seconds or so of dead air and then the DJ sort of exhaled and said, "Whoa. That was Pink Floyd's 'Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict'. Good morning."

I couldn't stop laughing. Just one of those drug moments that encapsulated everything I loved about them while meaning nothing at all.

Still one of my favorite Floyd songs...

- Tim

Pink Floyd are a great topic of interest of mine. Perhaps we'll discuss further tonight, Timmy. For as great as they were, I find a lot of the actual production of the music (recording, mastering, technic) to be pretty much horseshit. What do I mean? Well, if you take Dark Side of the Moon. The drums on that album are pretty gd good. However, the drums on that album mixed in to the songs, actually sound pretty shitty. And no, I don't think it was the technology available. Sgt Peppers sounds f'ng great, and that whole album was recorded on a 16 track.

Anyway, Floyd were the sh.... They just had sh.tty production. My .02, of course.

While packing up cigars from my big group buy, I'm jamming to Jane's Addiction Nothings Shocking. What a great album.

101.5 FM, WPDH out of Poughkeepsie, NY. Great classic rock station with a super morning show that will have you laughing from 0600 to 1000........ :D :thumbs: :cool:

http://www.wpdh.com/

311- Greatest Hits

My favorite all-time band. Ironic thing is that my daughter was born at 3:11 PM... Funny how things work out like that.

I have a very elicit collection of music. In the 5 CD changer I've got in my car I currently have LAX by The Game, Mr. Carter III by Lil' Wayne, Before These Crowded Streets by Dave Matthews, Live at Blues Alley by Eva Cassidy, and Commit This To Memory by Motion City Soundtrack. In my CD case I've got opera (Don Giovanni), classical (Tchaikovsky Piano Concerta 1 and 2), rap (Kanye West, The Game, A Tribe Called Quest, Ghostface Killah), rock (Dave Matthews, Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, The Killers), a little blue grass/country (Brad Paisley, Allison Krauss), and some jazz (another Eva Cassidy CD, Stevy Ray Vahns greatest hits)

I wanna find me a woman who'll hold my big toe till I have to go
I wanna find a blue swirl plastic ocarina
About five miles long
And play with them sweet potatoes all night long
'cause them yams have all them eyes that yawn
'yearn down yonder below the ground
'n their golden hair is ah dirty brown
I wanna find me a woman that'll hold my big toe till I go
I wanna hold me a woman that'll find my big toe
Till I have to go
'n sow my last sweet potato.

I have a very elicit collection of music. In the 5 CD changer I've got in my car I currently have LAX by The Game, Mr. Carter III by Lil' Wayne, Before These Crowded Streets by Dave Matthews, Live at Blues Alley by Eva Cassidy, and Commit This To Memory by Motion City Soundtrack. In my CD case I've got opera (Don Giovanni), classical (Tchaikovsky Piano Concerta 1 and 2), rap (Kanye West, The Game, A Tribe Called Quest, Ghostface Killah), rock (Dave Matthews, Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, The Killers), a little blue grass/country (Brad Paisley, Allison Krauss), and some jazz (another Eva Cassidy CD, Stevy Ray Vahns greatest hits)

Are they bootleg versions? :laugh:

Eclectic is the word I think you needed.

I listen to WXPN, the radio station for the University of Pennsylvania. They play some of the best music out there.

I stopped listening to the voices in my head, ever since the Dr. found the right combination of meds :thumbs:

On heavy rotation are the latest gems from:

Evergrey
Opeth
Judas Priest
Within Temptation

Also listening to a lot of:

Porcupine Tree
Chroma Key
Dulcesky
The Gathering
Devin Townsend

Robert Johnson. I always go back to Robert Johnson and Hank Williams for the raw emotion.