• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you listening to?

What a revealing thread!

I'm listening to Bowling for Soup right now. And Butch Walker.

JK

NorCalCigarLover said:
LC-Smoker said:
Currently listening to the new Howie Day CD....
[snapback]187847[/snapback]​

I saw Howie Day in a very very small venue a couple of months ago along with Lifehouse, both did an mostly acoustic set. Howie is a really nice guy and put on one heck of a show. The electronics that he uses to do a one man show were incredable ala Joe Jackson.

:cool:
[snapback]187951[/snapback]​

Glad to see another Howie fan out there....

You are right, he does put on a great show; I have seen him live about a dozen times.

When I was in college he was about 18 years old and just getting started. I was on the programming board for the school and we would bring him in every semester; he never dissappointed! I am glad to see that he is starting to make it into the mainstream!!!

Lord of the Rings Soundtracks.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Audio Book.

(insert geek remark here) ;)

Switched to Plant, then Beck.

Just got listening to the one of the greatest radio campaigns ever...

Great American Hero by Budweiser

golfgar said:
Found an old Judds CD rolling aroung in the car yesterday and have been listening to it for the past two days. Bored with it now, back to Clapton and 10 Years After.
[snapback]187909[/snapback]​

Golfgar,
If you like Ten Years After, check out Alvin Lee In Tennessee.
Includes a great rockabilly version of.........

"I'm Goin" Home"!
Scotty Moore and D.J.Fontana guest on the disc as does my new bass hero Pete Pritchard. ;)

I generally only listen to cd's (radio is entirely too much talk around here!) And when I put a cd in my car's player I listen to it to death before getting around to changing it. This week I've had my old

Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson: Storytellers

in the player. It's a great cd if anyone's interested.

I must be getting old! :0

Mahler Symphony No. 2 In C Minor
San Francisco Symphony
Michael Tilson Thomas

about 5 years ago, I bought 20 some-odd swing records from goodwill. If that doesn't get you in the mood for a good stick or two...nuttin will....

NorCalCigarLover said:
Oops ..... double post.

Currently enjoying some Johnny Winter!

:cool:
[snapback]187958[/snapback]​

When I was younger I had every Johnny Winter album made.

Captain Leafheart said:
golfgar said:
Found an old Judds CD rolling aroung in the car yesterday and have been listening to it for the past two days.  Bored with it now, back to Clapton and 10 Years After.

Golfgar,

"I'm Goin" Home"!
Scotty Moore and D.J.Fontana guest on the disc as does my new bass hero Pete Pritchard. ;)
[snapback]188018[/snapback]​

I will check that out. Have you heard the Alvin Lee and Mylon Lefevre album?

Okay, okay...I'll be honest. I've been on a Snoop Dogg kick. I saw them last night. It was Snoop Dogg and The Game. Nothing more to say...I plead the 5th. :cool:

Ree

grand cru no 2 said:
coventrycat86 said:
THIN LIZZY

WoooooooHO!!

Which album? (yeah, yeah, don't bust my balls, back in the pre-CD days, they used to be called "albums" so STFU).

Black Rose is my favorite with Chinatown a close 2nd. ;) :thumbs:

The Grand Slam stuff is pretty good too!
[snapback]187697[/snapback]​

Vagabonds of the Western World and Jailbreak.

Great stuff. :thumbs:
[snapback]187709[/snapback]​

"Cowboy Song" is one of the best songs of all time! For you younger guys who've never listened to Thin Lizzy, you gotta give 'em a try.

ree ree robusto said:
Okay, okay...I'll be honest. I've been on a Snoop Dogg kick. I saw them last night. It was Snoop Dogg and The Game. Nothing more to say...I plead the 5th. :cool:

Ree
[snapback]188067[/snapback]​

Have you ever heard the country version of "Sippin on gin and Juice"? It's almost as good as the original. It's fun to play them one after the other. :thumbs:

stevehawk said:
ree ree robusto said:
Okay, okay...I'll be honest.  I've been on a Snoop Dogg kick.  I saw them last night.  It was Snoop Dogg and The Game.  Nothing more to say...I plead the 5th.  :cool:

Ree
[snapback]188067[/snapback]​

Have you ever heard the country version of "Sippin on gin and Juice"? It's almost as good as the original. It's fun to play them one after the other. :thumbs:
[snapback]188069[/snapback]​

Its the Gords...lots of good stuff

You guys ever heard of Richard Cheese?

golfgar said:
Captain Leafheart said:
golfgar said:
Found an old Judds CD rolling aroung in the car yesterday and have been listening to it for the past two days.  Bored with it now, back to Clapton and 10 Years After.

Golfgar,

"I'm Goin" Home"!
[snapback]188018[/snapback]​

I will check that out. Have you heard the Alvin Lee and Mylon Lefevre album?
[snapback]188065[/snapback]​

No I haven't. I bet it's good.
I did see Mylon in '71 on a great triple bill at the Fillmore East (Mountain, Mylon and T-Rex). Top ticket price was $6.00 or $7.00.
And Ten Years After was the first real rock concert I ever saw. That was in '69 when I was 13. It was in upstate NY and I think it was a warm up gig for them just before Woodstock.

HEll I have be listening to flogging molley and dropkick murphy's and old mixs from 80's rip hop and rap mixed with some death angel and bolt thrower and primus and GUAR . wide specturm of music for me and Yes Enya water mark for the ride Home cool down with a nice smoke. :thumbs:

stevehawk said:
"Cowboy Song" is one of the best songs of all time! For you younger guys who've never listened to Thin Lizzy, you gotta give 'em a try.
[snapback]188068[/snapback]​

Oh man I agree with that! I mean, your talking about real rock music now. :thumbs:

stevehawk said:
[snapback]188069[/snapback]​

I've heard the re-make of gin and juice. I don't think it was country though. I believe Phish did it.

Ree