• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2015

In keeping with the theme... There is a reason they call this the bomb...

IMG_9173_zpseg66wa9s.png

Nicely done Bill. Those waxed versions are a few years old, so they should be in the sweet spot.

Freigeist Nosco's Cafe, then Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout

Arete Brewing stout (my buddy's brewery-in-the-works). They even have their own pint glasses made up but you can't see the logo since it's printed in black. It's alright but lacking in the roasted malts area, in my opinion. It seems to fit better as an Irish dry stout, but as I said, lacking in the malty, coffee, cocoa area that I expect in a stout.
30lp312.jpg

Went to a Ballast Point beer and food pairing last night. We were given 1 bottle for every 3 people to share. We were teamed up with an older lady who barely drank, so I had about a half bottle of each:

Longfin Lager
Piper Down
Sculpin
Grapefruit Sculpin
Habanero Sculpin
Victory at Sea
The Commodore
Sea Monster

Went to a Ballast Point beer and food pairing last night. We were given 1 bottle for every 3 people to share. We were teamed up with an older lady who barely drank, so I had about a half bottle of each:

Longfin Lager
Piper Down
Sculpin
Grapefruit Sculpin
Habanero Sculpin
Victory at Sea
The Commodore
Sea Monster

That's a great list. I've tried to like the Habanero Sculpin, but I just can't do it. Victory at Sea would be my favorite out of that bunch, but I'd take any of them, at any time.

That's a great list. I've tried to like the Habanero Sculpin, but I just can't do it. Victory at Sea would be my favorite out of that bunch, but I'd take any of them, at any time.
I didn't love the Habanero Sculpin either. I like spicy food, but there is something about pepper in beer that I don't love usually (Bomb is one exception to that rule).

I go back and forth between Victory at Sea and Grapefruit Sculpin as my favorite. Surprisingly I really enjoyed the Longfin as well.

I find the longfin to be a great session beer.

Last night had a bottle share at work:
Victory at Sea
Homebrewed Cinnamon Holiday IPA
Zumbar Coffee Chocolate Imperial Stout
Sierra Nevada Harvest
Xocoveza Charred
Bourbon County Brand Stout

I didn't love the Habanero Sculpin either. I like spicy food, but there is something about pepper in beer that I don't love usually (Bomb is one exception to that rule).

Definitely agree, but I find with a little age, the pepper in BOMB fades.