• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today (2016)

From what I heard they also do good coffee as well. I'll let you know. I signed up for their monthly coffee club. They experiment with barrel aging coffee beans. First shipment was sent out today so I should receive it within the next few days.

Firestone Walker Helldorado 2015:
2v99qah.jpg

Oskar Blues Mama's little yellow pills, ska brewing Co. Modus mandarina, Colorado Native Amber Lager, one of the Miller Coors lineup, but I actually think the Colorado Native beers ain't bad at all.

Perennial Saison de Lis
Perennial Funky Wit
Free State Octoberfest
Mothers Chocolate Thunder
Surly Bender
Boulevard Frequent flyer

Hey Seth, where is that? The Bavarian HB flag must mean they have some German bent. I dig the courtyard that allows smoking.
It's at this divey bar in North Park called Toronado, they've got some great selections. I ended up having a Tony Bag of Donuts after the ISLA, a Guava Saison farmhouse ale with some serious sour kick. That also kind of kicked my ass.
http://toronadosd.com/
They also opened up a sister shop in SF so people in the Bay Area go check em out.

From what I heard they also do good coffee as well. I'll let you know. I signed up for their monthly coffee club. They experiment with barrel aging coffee beans. First shipment was sent out today so I should receive it within the next few days.

Firestone Walker Helldorado 2015:
2v99qah.jpg
How was it Jeff?

How was it Jeff?
Just got the package yesterday. Unfortunately I had to buy some beans to tide me over until this package arrived. Combine that with my regular shipment from Gevalia coming and I went from no beans in the cupboard to a back log. Hopefully I'll give them a whirl next week. If you're interested, here is the blurb email they sent out prior to shipping this month's beans:

Since you are all likely very familiar with the greatness of Black House Blend, I’ll get right to the good part: this month’s subscriber-only Bourbon Barrel-Aged Rwanda Nyamagabe. I find that this coffee is perfect for the changing of the season as it combines both the bright summery characteristics of lemon and dark fruit, and a few autumnal flavors like spice and almond. And, of course, add some barrel oakiness to the mix and you’ve got it made. Pre-barrel, this coffee was loaded with raisin and brown sugar-like flavors, and finished strong with a syrupy mouthfeel and lemony finish. But where this coffee really shines is after just a couple of months in an Evan Williams barrel, when those raisin and brown sugar-like flavors transform into almond, graham cracker and even more pronounced dried dark fruit. As the coffee cools down, more of that beautiful lemon really starts to shine through and keeps it real with a nice syrupy-sweet mouthfeel and lovely oak finish. It’s a real winner if I do say so myself.

Just got the package yesterday. Unfortunately I had to buy some beans to tide me over until this package arrived. Combine that with my regular shipment from Gevalia coming and I went from no beans in the cupboard to a back log. Hopefully I'll give them a whirl next week. If you're interested, here is the blurb email they sent out prior to shipping this month's beans:

Since you are all likely very familiar with the greatness of Black House Blend, I’ll get right to the good part: this month’s subscriber-only Bourbon Barrel-Aged Rwanda Nyamagabe. I find that this coffee is perfect for the changing of the season as it combines both the bright summery characteristics of lemon and dark fruit, and a few autumnal flavors like spice and almond. And, of course, add some barrel oakiness to the mix and you’ve got it made. Pre-barrel, this coffee was loaded with raisin and brown sugar-like flavors, and finished strong with a syrupy mouthfeel and lemony finish. But where this coffee really shines is after just a couple of months in an Evan Williams barrel, when those raisin and brown sugar-like flavors transform into almond, graham cracker and even more pronounced dried dark fruit. As the coffee cools down, more of that beautiful lemon really starts to shine through and keeps it real with a nice syrupy-sweet mouthfeel and lovely oak finish. It’s a real winner if I do say so myself.
I meant the Helldarado..... ;)

I meant the Helldarado..... ;)
Oh, sorry John. The Helldorado was quite enjoyable. It hit all the right notes you'd expect from a barrel-aged beer (oak and vanilla) without the dark roasty malts of my favorite beer of theirs, Parabola. For 13.2% ABV it's dangerously drinkable with a bit of vibrancy to it that aids in it seeming lighter than it actually is, at least IMO.

Speaking of Firestone, I had some time to kill Friday after work so I stopped into my old watering hole that I hadn't been to in perhaps a year or so. They had FW DBA on nitro which I don't think I'd ever seen before. It was quite good:
2eoh1fp.jpg

Yesterday I stopped by a market and found a Sierra Nevada mixed box called "High Altitude Mixed Box". I'd never seen it before. For $30 it had 4 bombers, one of which being barrel-aged Bigfoot. Considering the normal price for a bottle of barrel-aged Bigfoot alone, I thought this was a steal. This is one of the bottles, a DIPA called Six Rights:
1zd29ee.jpg

Indeed they did. Hadn't been there in probably over a year during which time the bar was sold to new owners so I wasn't sure if they would still have it. Took the bartender a little digging under the bar but he got it out for me.

Schlafly Ko(umlaut)lsch nice and crisp, had launch at the brewery and was looking for some stock but they didn't have any that interested me. So I bought a case of the kolsch.