• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2019)

Ok, I'm intrigued... what is the best in your opinion?

They are a great brewery, very popular. For IPAs, definitely one of the best. Over the past few years, there have been so many breweries opening up, that it's hard to pinpoint the best. I think what you'll find, is that it depends on style.

For instance:
Bottle Logic/Fremont/Prairie/Bourbon County all do great stouts.

Trillium/Treehouse/Monkish/Other Half to name a few, do great NEIPAs.

It's why the beer game, is getting so diverse and fun, at the same time. It's also why our Beer PIF, has died out. I don't need to get beer from another area anymore, when I have so many local options now. I still do trade quite a bit, but you get the point :)

. It's also why our Beer PIF, has died out. I don't need to get beer from another area anymore, when I have so many local options now. I still do trade quite a bit, but you get the point :)

This point exactly! Its fun to trade local beers and ones we all can't get our hands on as easily, but there are SO many great options at local stores now. Especially with a lot of craft/micro breweries expanding their distro.

They are a great brewery, very popular. For IPAs, definitely one of the best. Over the past few years, there have been so many breweries opening up, that it's hard to pinpoint the best. I think what you'll find, is that it depends on style.

For instance:
Bottle Logic/Fremont/Prairie/Bourbon County all do great stouts.

Trillium/Treehouse/Monkish/Other Half to name a few, do great NEIPAs.

It's why the beer game, is getting so diverse and fun, at the same time. It's also why our Beer PIF, has died out. I don't need to get beer from another area anymore, when I have so many local options now. I still do trade quite a bit, but you get the point :)
You make a good point! When I first started doing the PIF in 2008, I was stoked to get west coast beers. Now I can bacisally find almost any beer with the exception of a few, or breweries like Treehouse that doesn’t distribute. These days, I’d rather trade for something specific. I’m even more likely to find a mule to purchase from even if I have to pay way higher. Time is something I don’t have a lot of these days, and packing up beer is an undertaking to have to send my end.

Sierra Nevada Resilience. Brewed for a good cause.
2d77ywj.jpg

This is/was a great cause. Breweries across the country, all brewed this beer and proceeds went to the fire victims.

This point exactly! Its fun to trade local beers and ones we all can't get our hands on as easily, but there are SO many great options at local stores now. Especially with a lot of craft/micro breweries expanding their distro.

Those Tilted Barn IPAs you sent me, were great as well!

How is this beer, compared to Julius?
No comparison! Very good, but it’s a wheat IPA, so thinner that most NEIPA’s.

I don’t think anything is as good as Julius or Trillium’s Mettle.