• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2019)

Been easing up on the beers a little as I'm trying to get my Migraines under control. I've had them my whole life but over the past couple years they're getting worse. Alcohol isn't one of my definite triggers (thankfully) but sometimes it can aggravate the existing symptoms. The good thing is I can usually tell when I'm in the safe zone to enjoy one. I'll just have to keep mine on ice for now and enjoy the pictures!

My wife thought it was alcohol among many other things that triggered hers for years and years. Her Neurologist one day asked her to try going gluten free. She thought he was crazy at first, but almost weekly migraines have toned down to maybe once a year, if that.
She has a few gluten free beers she likes, but mostly sticks to red wine now.

My wife thought it was alcohol among many other things that triggered hers for years and years. Her Neurologist one day asked her to try going gluten free. She thought he was crazy at first, but almost weekly migraines have toned down to maybe once a year, if that.

I'm setting up an appointment with a neuro this week. I've been working with my primary to try a few preventative meds that haven't worked and it seems I'm about at the limit of his expertise. All I know is if beer gets taken off the list I'll be heartbroken! Although I guess in the grand scheme of things anything is better than living in chronic misery ?

Same thing happened with my brother, with the same result.

I'm setting up an appointment with a neuro this week. I've been working with my primary to try a few preventative meds that haven't worked and it seems I'm about at the limit of his expertise. All I know is if beer gets taken off the list I'll be heartbroken! Although I guess in the grand scheme of things anything is better than living in chronic misery ?
Same thing happened with my brother, with the same result.

She had tried so many preventative meds for years she lost count. We thought everything from stress, alcohol, MSG, to computer screens and fluorescent lights at her work were triggers. This Neurologist was an old guy. She was surprised when he started talking about a patient who was textbook to her case had gone gluten free. She had gone completely prescription drug free in in the course of two months only by cutting out gluten. He was so impressed with the patients results that he did it and felt much healthier himself (even though he didn’t suffer from migraines). I was skeptical as heck, but she stuck with it 100% and within the first two weeks she felt much better. Also gone were joint aches/pains, and “other intestinal issues” she suffered from for years. No more migraines and according to her Neurologist, about another dozen hard case patients have seen a miraculous drug free cure by following this 100%. She must have built up a tolerance because if she now accidentally ingest gluten containing food, she’s miserable for a few days.
They say the way they grow wheat in this country without using crop rotation, but with loads of chemical fertilizers is to blame. There is also evidence to support the newer genetic strains in the US are causing problems. May explain why gluten sensitive people can go to Europe and eat the bread there with no issue.

May be worth a try Greg. If you go at it 100%, you’ll know in a week if you’re on to something.

I had 2 over the weekend.

American Solera Distracions Grasp. This was a very well done Coconut/Vanilla stout:

20190913_190409.jpg

And a 2007 Great Divide Yeti, from Justin @smellysell , that mellowed wonderfully. Still had that roasted coffee and chocolate to it. Still carbinated as well. Wish I had a few more of this 12 yr old beer!

20190915_175413.jpg

I had 2 over the weekend.

American Solera Distracions Grasp. This was a very well done Coconut/Vanilla stout:

View attachment 27499

And a 2007 Great Divide Yeti, from Justin @smellysell , that mellowed wonderfully. Still had that roasted coffee and chocolate to it. Still carbinated as well. Wish I had a few more of this 12 yr old beer!

View attachment 27500
Glad this was better than the last one!

This was a recent seasonal special at my local beer and wine shop. It’s dang good. Just enough heat to make it interesting, and the hint of mango balances the heat well. Unfortunately I only bought four of these and now they’re gone!363D05A3-0CF4-4C8D-8FB4-60E170769D8F.jpeg