• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I had a Boulevard Saison-Brett that was surprisingly good. I'm not one to search out sour or brett beers but this one was so highly rated I had to try it when it showed up at shops around DFW.

Earlier I had a bottle of St. Bernardus ABT 12. I just now opened a bottle of KBS.

Spent the weekend in Kernville and on Lake Isabella. Did some whitewater rafting and just relaxing. Between 3 of us over 3 days, we emptied 6 growlers from Kern River Brewery: Just Outstanding IPA, Sequoia Red, and Class V Stout....Not to mention also enjoying to myself some bombers of: Anderson Valley Anniversary Imperial IPA, Rogue Shakespeare Stout, and Port Brewing Wipe Out IPA. Was a fantastic beer filled weekend!!!

Last night I had some BCS that was house smoked. It was bit flat, but still tasted good. The reason I think it was flat is that the seal on the top melted a little and allowed air in. I'm going to open a few more of the beers that survived during this week and am thinking of doing a review on them.

Weihenstephaner Kristall Weissbier - Went down so quick, I had to have another! ;)
weihenstephaner-kristall-we.gif

Had an Unearthly IPA. Great flavor and with 22 ounces of 11% ABV it packs a punch.

Had a bottle of Supplication the other night to celebrate my birthday. Fantastic. Thanks for the hookup Mike!

Went to Town Hall Brewery in Minneapolis (one of my favorite brewpubs hands down).

Abominable (Coffee porter) - I think I drank this one before it got a chance to warm up. Good flavor but just tasted like iced coffee
Coconut Jack Frost (Coconut Imperial Stout) - Way too much coconut for me. It is a "gotta be in the right mood flavor" for me and I just was not feeling it tonight
American Craft Beer Wheat - This one was brewed special for American Craft Beer Week. Not as wheat flavored as I would expect from an unfiltered wheat
1800 Old English IPA Cask pour - Had it from the keg about a month ago and now I tried out the cask. Both excellent, all I need now to is to catch them before all of the damn growlers are gone next time.
Hope and King Scotch Ale - Just a sample shot on this last, unfortunately and it tasted like apple, which I am pretty sure it would not have right out of the gate.

Overall there were only two beers that I would go growler on and those are the Abominable and the Wheat. The 1800 I would buy 10 of them if they had them right now.

Eventually tonight or tomorrow I will be dipping into my own Double IPA home brew and I cannot wait!

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine. Heads up tasting between the 2008 and 2010. Took notes during the tasting, I'll write up something a little more formal later.

Threw my brother a birthday party, and had an Irish theme.

Murphy's Stout (draught can)
Guinness Stout (draught can)
Smithwick's (bottle)
Wexford Irish Cream Ale (draught can)

I would pick a Murphy's over a Guinness after sampling this stout.

Not sure if I would pick a Wexford over a Boddington's, I'd have to do a head to head on that one.

Broke into the home brewed double IPA. I am not a huge hophead so this was little powerful for me. My two close friends who really enjoy IPA's gave it rave reviews though.

Well I just had a velvety, silky, roasty, med bodied stout and probably one of the best in a while.
Brewmasters Reserve Imperial Stout 2008, thanks to a montana local this was a treat and a half. I have been sick these past 3 weeks so last night I got my taste buds back I decided to treat myself and boy what a treat. Not a very thick or chewy stout but very drinkable and smooth. I loved it... too bad there are no more :(

Thank you brother from Montana!

I had a bottle of Port Brewing's Hop-15 DIPA last night. Buzzed me up pretty good at 10% ABV. Really reminded me of Dogfish 90 min in flavor and profile.

Went to Town Hall Brewery in Minneapolis (one of my favorite brewpubs hands down).
Coconut Jack Frost (Coconut Imperial Stout) - Way too much coconut for me. It is a "gotta be in the right mood flavor" for me and I just was not feeling it tonight

I haven't tried the Imperial, but their regular Coconut Milk Stout is one of my favorite beers. Personally, I'm glad they put the coconut up front. Great beer.

I had a Backwoods Bastard tongiht. It was Fan-freakin-tastic. By far the best beer I've had recently.

I haven't tried the Imperial, but their regular Coconut Milk Stout is one of my favorite beers. Personally, I'm glad they put the coconut up front. Great beer.

They let you smoke cigars there, we should meet up some time for one :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.