• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Rochefort 10, one of my favorite beers. Wait until you try some with some age on it.

Just a heads up, but Westvleteren is only available (legally anyways) at the abbey in Belgium. There are some mail order websites you can get it through, but the shipping is brutal.

Make sure your lids are on tight. The two growlers I got for Christmas Eve were flat as can be. I think the seals were bad, but the lids weren't nearly as hard to get off as they usually are. :(

That WildFire Lager is awful. It's the only thing I've had at Fitgers that I would pass on every time. Love the Big Boat and the Humperdink.

Next time you're up let me know a little bit ahead of time and we'll grab a bite to eat or something. I don't get the chance to meet too many people on my home turf.

Didn't realize you were near Fitgers Alan. Weird question, but do they sell any stickers in their tap room? I'm trying to cover the front of the kegerator and have run out of options around here.
I'm pretty sure they do. I'll check next time I go down there.

I get down there at least twice a month as we love their root beer. I go down to get a growler of root beer and somehow end up with 2 growlers of something else, too. :whistling: I can send you one of their growlers too if you want one, Justin. I have a couple of extras. :laugh:

I'd love one, preferably full of some homebrew...

Bombers of:

Nugget Nectar
Lost Abbey Gift of the Magi
Bourbon Barrel Quad
Bourbon County Stout

This morning I had a Lindemans Pomme with breakfast and it was friggin GREAT. I had exactly what I wanted...French toast, turkey bacoon, and macaroni and cheese left overs (dont judge me). Then topped it off with a Lindemans....life aint bad. Only thing left to do is have a smoke.

Agree with Justin that the Rochefort 10 is an awesome beer. I personally think its just as good as the Westy 12 and much cheaper and easier to get.

In the last week, I was able to enjoy:

Kern River Just Outstanding
Pliny the Elder
Bootlegger's Knuckle Sandwich
Alpine Pure Hoppiness

I still believe that Pliny needs to be tasted fresh to fully enjoy its flavor profile. For the people enjoying Pliny on the east coast, try them again when its less than 6 weeks from the bottling date. Makes a world of difference.

Last night:

Bell's Two Hearted Ale
Lavery Red Ale
Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout

Bombers of:

Nugget Nectar
Lost Abbey Gift of the Magi
Bourbon Barrel Quad
Bourbon County Stout

What did you think of the Nugget Nectar Brent?

I really liked it, but was a little surprised at how hoppy it was. The hops were balanced out pretty well by the malt sweetness though. I would be perfectly happy drinking more of this. Thanks for giving me the chance to try it.

Telegraph Oatmeal Stout

A certain member agreed to send me what I thought would be a few bottles of Cali brew. He sent multiple packages and then had the audacity to refuse payment. Thank you Josh for this and many other beers from your area. All I can say is thank you and best wishes on a speedy recovery.

This stout started with a bang. Once I removed the cork, I had to wait a little bit for the beer to settle down. Not much on the oatmeal early, but the dark chocolate elements of a good stout are present. Not as thick as many imperial stouts I've had recently. Maybe it's not supposed to be. A little thin as stouts go with my limited sample size. Hmmm....is that Kona coffee. Very nice. I really like stout beers. I can't wait to head to a nearby (1 hour away) store tomorrow. They have quite a selection. I'm not big on posting what I purchase, but maybe I'll post it in the event that I can purchase a few beers for other Brothers.

Enough of that. Back to the beer. I love the progression from high 50 degree temps upward. Beers really seem to "open up" and it doesn't take hours like wine. Nice mocha scent now coming from the twirled goblet. I catch hints of oatmeal, but I'm not sure it's me wanting it to be there based on the name of the beer.

A good beer that I wish was a bit thicker and more complex. But that doesn't matter. Josh, thanks again Brother. All the best for you in the New Year!

IMG_0188.jpg

Bobby, I love the reviews!

x3 on Rochefort... I've always enjoyed Belgian beers (including Chimay) but Rochefort 10 was one of those "wow" moments for me.

I'm trying to remember back a few days....

Port Old Viscosity
Ladyface Midnight Special
Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale
Green Flash Double Stout
Firestone Velvet Merlin

Last night:

Drain poured a 2009 Brooklyn Black Ops - yuck infected mess...what a waste of $25
2009 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
12oz Boulevard Double Wide IPA
Ska Euphoria Pale Ale

Tonight:
Firestone Walker 14th - excellent flavors and very different from the 13th...this one seems like it might not get too much better with age
Rahr Bourbon Barrel Winter Warmer
Sam Adams Winter Lager

• 57 Wild
  • Chocolate Rain
  • Coton (100% Bourbon Barrel Aged)
  • Melange No. 3
  • Oude Tart With Sour Cherries
  • Provisions Series: Old Richland
  • Provisions Series: The Workman's Friend
  • Sour In The Rye
  • White Zin

... and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. Had a great time at the Bruery Initiation Party thanks to Chico!
Even though they were only 4 oz tasters, we had a system down to try as much as we could in the 2 hours. Got Chocolate Rain twice ... the best beer of the afternoon!

Alaskan Smoked Porter
more than a few pints of SN, but don't remember which.
Dead Guy Ale (x2)
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout (loved it!)

Drain poured a 2009 Brooklyn Black Ops - yuck infected mess...what a waste of $25

NOOOO please say it ain't so ... I have a 2008 and 2009 bottle in the cellar, I hope these are not infected :angry:

NOOOO please say it ain't so ... I have a 2008 and 2009 bottle in the cellar, I hope these are not infected :angry:

I was pissed...it smelled pretty good but the taste was awful. No bourbon notes whatsoever...just tasted like sour fruit and a bit of chocolate malt. The 2008 bottle I had last year was amazing (thanks for that one btw). 2009 not so much...

A couple of Stone Ruination IPAs. Had them in the refrigerator and drank them out of the bottle. Probably not the best approach. Way hoppy and unbalanced. Probably would have been better if consumed in a glass at a higher temp.

Over the last couple days it's been Abita Turbodog and Cigar City Maduro Oatmeal Brown Ale. The later is becoming a new favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.