• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't wait for the weekend .. Hopsecutioner down! Mmmm Terrapin

I chilled a can of Modus Hoperandi and a bottle of Left Hand Smoked Baltic Porter. I opened the Modus up first and all I tasted was grape fruit. Dumped it down the sink. The Smoked Baltic Porter was the next victim and it was tossed down the sink.

So I went with one I know I enjoy and its the Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale. I love this beer. :thumbs:

If you don't like Modus fresh try putting the rest in a closet at room temperature for about a month. I accidentally left one in a box I was going to send out for a trade and it totally changed in a months time. More sweet malt flavors came through and that huge grapefruit bitterness was balanced out a little more...I loved it.

Edit: Had a Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel that was pretty awesome last night. Much better than Beer Geek Breakfast.

So after picking the kids up we made some home made pizzas ... what better then to have a 2+ year old Roch 10 while making pizza - DELISH

Then I opened Rahr Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer ... man I have to say thank you Greg this was awesome! I particular enjoyed the fact that it wasn't thick, but I think I drank it too fast. Nice roasty flavor with coco and I tasted some vanilla and coconut. finished the 22 and I am a bit tipsy .. I was going to save the other bottle for my tasting but not sure I want to share :blush:

Anyways, I am out side feeling good and smoking on a MC 75th Anni #4 ... thank you Darrin. Great start to my birthday weekend!

Then I opened Rahr Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer ... man I have to say thank you Greg this was awesome! I particular enjoyed the fact that it wasn't thick, but I think I drank it too fast. Nice roasty flavor with coco and I tasted some vanilla and coconut. finished the 22 and I am a bit tipsy .. I was going to save the other bottle for my tasting but not sure I want to share :blush:

Happy birthday, bro! Enjoy those beers...that BA Winter Warmer is great stuff.

I had a few awesome beers tonight.
Foothills Baltic Porter - great porter that wasn't too crazy but had solid flavors of dark fruit and roasty coffee plus some chocolate.
Weyerbacher Tiny - amazing Belgian Imperial Stout that had a ton of stout and belgian flavors...pretty darn boozy though.

Delirium Nocturnum. Good stuff. Was bought for me by a coworker. Very sweet on the tongue. I dig Belgian ales but the profile of coriander/cloves/spices can get obnoxious after a while. However I think the booziness of this is keeping that profile in check. Digging it.

Tyranena Doubly Down 'n Even Dirtier - I bought 8 and only have 2 left...most of which have gone out to other people. Super rich chocolate flavors with a slight barrel element in there.

Foothills Baltic Porter - great porter that wasn't too crazy but had solid flavors of dark fruit and roasty coffee plus some chocolate.
Weyerbacher Tiny - amazing Belgian Imperial Stout that had a ton of stout and belgian flavors...pretty darn boozy though.

Have you tried the Velvet Merkin? To me, it's one of the best porters out there.

Have you tried the Velvet Merkin? To me, it's one of the best porters out there.

Yeah I drank both the bottles you sent...great oatmeal stout. I have a few more from my last trade with Mike as well that will be drank in the next few weeks. Cheers to you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.