• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drank a bunch of Ruthless Rye on Saturday watching the Rangers/Caps game.

Oh, and a Bud Light on Friday night. Hey, it was free.

long-trail-double-bag-ale.jpg

Double Bag. Lunch in a bottle.

Doc

Lately, since I'm in NC....

Bells Two Hearted
Bells Winter White
Guinness

I hear Lagunitas Sucks is going to be brewed year-round. Can't wait as I really liked it last time I had a couple bottles.

That would be nice. But the guy I talked to the other night said that it was going to be a seasonal along with the brown sugga as a winter brew.

Tonight is Bear Republic XP Pale Ale. I still think Racer 5 is my fav Bear Republic brew.

Blue Point White IPA. According to the Golden Tap Awards done during LI Craft Beer Week, this was the 2011 LI New Beer of the Year.

I've been drinking UFO White (or Hefeweizen) as my standard "I'm thirsty & want a beer" choice since my buddy from Boston turned me onto it last Christmas. Light, citricy, non-offensive when drinking a few too many. Once in a while I'll throw a slice of blood orange in the mug to change it up.

After a Fall & Winter of drinking stouts, porters, and other heavier style beers, this stuff is a nice change of pace in the warmer weather.

My wife and I have been drinking Kolsch styles for the past couple of weeks. First St. Arnold's Lawnmower and currently Alaska's Summer. Alaska Brewing just got to Texas recently. Going to have to get some Southern Tier in Florida next week.

A few bottles of Leinenkugel Summer Shandy. Great beer when you're hanging outside by the grill.

Brouwerij Rodenbach NV Rodenbach Classic Red
Aecht Schlenkerla Eiche Oak Smoked Doppelbock

Drinking a Boulevard Imperial Stout. Damn I love this beer! I hope they send this to TX this year and given that we got Rye on Rye I have a feeling we will finally see it.

Boulevard Wheat on Friday (free keg at the Padron event)
Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye yesterday

Definately an interesting weekend for beer drinking.

Ninkasi Spring Reign
Abita 25th Anniversary Vanilla Doubledog
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Clown Shoes Clementine White Ale

A couple of Bell's Oberon tonight. Good American wheat beer.

Its been awhile since I posted up.
Ranger Creek Small Batch#1
Belhaven on tap(I'd forgotten how good this was)
Rahr's Iron Thistle(^same same)
Boulevard Seeyoulater Dopplebock and Rye on Rye(MMMM)
Deschutes 23rd Anny Black Butte(I want more!)
(512) Whiskey Barrel Aged Double Pecan Porter(Hell yeah!)

I've been drinking a lot of Real Ale's Devil's Backbone since its in season.

(512) Whiskey Barrel Aged Double Pecan Porter(Hell yeah!)

Holy crap, that sounds awesome!!

Look who I found on BA rating this beer....our own GregSVT

GregSVT

4.25/5 rDev +3.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

750ml bottle into a tulip - 2011 Vintage (kept in my fridge the whole time to avoid infection)

A: Pours very dark brown with a huge dark brown head that slowly fades to a ring and leaves a lot of lacing on the glass. Honestly it's a bit overcarbonated.

S: The nose had nice notes of vanilla, cocoa, chocolate, and a touch of molasses.

T: The taste is very smooth. I get vanilla, chocolate, slight molasses, and a touch of fudge. Everything has melded well over time.

M: The feel is slightly on the thinner of medium with carbonation the whole way through. As it settles the carbonation settles but it started very bubbly.

O: Age has toned this down and brought out more vanilla than a fresh bottle. Even though it's a bit overcarbonated that didn't detract from the overall enjoyment. We drank this next to a fresh bottle and the fresh one was overcarbonated as well and had more coffee and roasty flavors. I prefered the aged version.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 05-19-2012 02:25:13id: 1800496

Status
Not open for further replies.