• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some homebrew Double IPA with Rye, then a Midnight Sun Obliteration IV. It has been a hoppy night! :D

Now, to decide what cigar I shall have later......Im thinking Graycliff 1666, or maybe just a Cuba Libre.

Some homebrew Double IPA with Rye, then a Midnight Sun Obliteration IV. It has been a hoppy night! :D

Now, to decide what cigar I shall have later......Im thinking Graycliff 1666, or maybe just a Cuba Libre.

You drink? ???

<cough> post an intro <cough>

Started off my Saturday evening with an Anvil Ale ESB.
In between Nørrebro Skärgaards Porter, Saranac India Brown Ale, Steelhead Scotch Porter, Walker's Reserve and ended my night with a night cap Bourbon County Stout. I slept well that night :blush: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Homebrew DIPA with the Midnight Sun crew, SonOfaBerserker (8.5% "small beer" made from the runoff of Midnight Sun Berserker 08), then some more homebrew DIPA, a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, now some Weihenstephaner Vitus. VVV....oh, wrong site.

Oh yeah, there was an Alec Bradley Maxx "The Fix" in there somewhere too.........not bad at all for the price, IMHNAO.

Had some of the most interesting beers last night. Started with a Deus Brut Flanders from a 750 ml bottle in champagne flutes, followed by Allagash Interlude which is wine barrel aged, and finish with 10.3 ABV Surly Darkness (Russian Imperial) from the tap. All three were incredible.

Last night had Firestone 12. This was a treat, definately a sipper!

Drinking a Rogue Chocolate Stout...this thing is pretty good.

Had some Ithaca Old Habit last night, and it was great. There is Barleywine, there is Wheatwine (mmm...smuttynose...) and now, thanks to the Ithaca Excelsior! series, we have Old Habit, which is more or less a Ryewine. Great beer from a great line.

Tonight working on a Midnight Sun Berserker. An instant classic is this years vintage, drinking so easy at 12.7%. This years batch is also aged in Whiskey barrels as well as Cabernet Barrels, and then blended. Super Complex. Awesome beer. Highly recommend getting ahold of some.

Gotta get my high abv practice in for a righteous tasting on Friday! :D

Speaking of high ABV beers, just finished a bottle of Dark Horizon v1, which was fantastic.

Speaking of high ABV beers, just finished a bottle of Dark Horizon v1, which was fantastic.

Yeah. About time you started working on those. Ive been trying hard not to open my last two, waiting to get a vertical tasting together. Gotta go buy my v2s tomorrow. Too bad its so outrageously priced.

I like alot of the European takes on American takes on European beer styles that are coming out of Scandinavia these days, but they are all so expensive, and for the most part, you can find the same quality of beers at a local brewpub for half the price. Its cool to see the rest of the world recognizing americas place as a world power in the craft brewing industry though, by emulating our lines, and dark horizon is certainly a fantastic specimen.

Oh, well. Such tough lives we lead. :laugh:

Nice Justin, that is a great beer!

Last night I drank a nice maltly Black Butte Porter and a glass of Blind Pig.

Stone Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Great Divide Yeti
Boulder Brewing Company Planet Porter

Dark Lord 2008 thanks to Jonas. All I can say is wow, I didn't think a beer could absolutely knock my socks off, but this one did. Without a doubt the best beer I've had to date; simply stunning :thumbs:

Dark Lord 2008 thanks to Jonas. All I can say is wow, I didn't think a beer could absolutely knock my socks off, but this one did. Without a doubt the best beer I've had to date; simply stunning :thumbs:

Awesome Mike, glad you enjoyed it.

Last night I had some Blind Pig and then finished the evening with a Firestone Walker 12. Excellent beer although not as good as the 11. Then again, nothing is.

Status
Not open for further replies.