• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout - Wow that was sugary but great. Thanks, Justin!
Oskar Blues Gordon DIPA - Good stuff. I'll have to keep this one around.

DIVINE #8... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Thanks Greg!

Had about 6 Surly Benders last night. I haven't felt like this in the AM for awhile.

Nothing yet, but I just got home from work.
Chillin' my Porter and SMaSH, gonna have a few in a bit.

Tim

Yesterday I had a Deschutes Black Butte Porter. WOW! Superb! Easily in my top 5 So happy I have 5 left!

Had about 6 Surly Benders last night. I haven't felt like this in the AM for awhile.

Dang Alan, what did you have going on? :laugh: I don't even know if I could drink 6 Benders. Such a rich beer.

I have spent the last few days treasuring Tyranena's Hop Whore. Of all the hop crazy beers I've tried, this one has worked it's way into my top 3 IPAs. Furious, Nugget Nectar (which Martin says isn't an IPA at all :) ), and now Hop Whore. It's similar to Hopslam, but they have the blend down a little better, so you really don't have the alcohol taste at all.

You really think Bender is rich? I thought it was lacking in flavor and coffee bender was exponentially better. Just mho. I agree that six is a shit ton though! 96 oz of most beers is a lot. And NN is an Imperial amber...deal with it!

Dang Alan, what did you have going on? :laugh: I don't even know if I could drink 6 Benders. Such a rich beer.

I have spent the last few days treasuring Tyranena's Hop Whore. Of all the hop crazy beers I've tried, this one has worked it's way into my top 3 IPAs. Furious, Nugget Nectar (which Martin says isn't an IPA at all :) ), and now Hop Whore. It's similar to Hopslam, but they have the blend down a little better, so you really don't have the alcohol taste at all.

I was home alone while TheKids(c) were at Grandma's and TheWife(c) was at the symphony. I had a bunch of stuff on the DVR to catch up with, so I ordered a pizza and hit the fridge. 5 hours of alone time is a good thing.

I don't think Bender is all that heavy or rich. It's just about right for my tastes in that regard, but I do find it lacking a bit in flavor in comparison to the promise on the can. I do have to say I didn't appreciate the way it treated me Saturday AM. I had a very strange feeling that was entirely disconcerting. I felt like I was walking in one of those inflatable deals that kids jump around in at the fair. Lake Superior Brewing Sir Duluth Oatmeal Stout made me feel similar once, but this was more intense. Maybe it's the oats?

I don't know how you guys drink that real hoppy stuff. I can do 1 or 2, but they get old pretty quick. I'm more of a malt guy, I guess.

You really think Bender is rich? I thought it was lacking in flavor and coffee bender was exponentially better. Just mho. I agree that six is a shit ton though! 96 oz of most beers is a lot. And NN is an Imperial amber...deal with it!

I've not tried the Coffee Bender yet, but I agree with your assessment to a degree. I think there's a fair amount of flavor there, but it certainly doesn't match the promise of flavor they give. It could be much better.

I don't normally drink that much anymore, but it's a pretty easy drinker for me and I had time, so...

I think Bender is pretty amazing for a 'brown ale', as they label it. Compared to say, Goose Island or Tommyknockers' brown ales, I think it is very rich. I don't expect a brown ale to be like Founders Breakfast Stout, but hey, what do I know? I'm not a masterbrewer like, say, Martin. :p

I think Bender is pretty amazing for a 'brown ale', as they label it. Compared to say, Goose Island or Tommyknockers' brown ales, I think it is very rich. I don't expect a brown ale to be like Founders Breakfast Stout, but hey, what do I know? I'm not a masterbrewer like, say, Martin. :p

Oh hardy har har...my brown ale is like a porter. Some really strong brown ales include: DFH Indian, DFH Palo Santo Marron, and Flossmoor Station Pullman. The BA hype wagon has bender over DHF IBA...but I think it's just the smaller sample size. Coffee Bender...'nother story.

Palmer Street Porter by Old Republic Brewing.

It is great, the best beer I have made to date.

Tim

Last night had Duck-Rabbit Baltic Porter and Duck-Rabbit Rabid Duck, wasn't that impressed. I've had the Milk Stout and Porter before which were quite good, but for some reason these were very tannic. I am thinking they may be a bit oxidized.

Wife bought me a 48oz mug with Colts Logo ... gonna fill it up tonight with three Coconut Porter's.

Last night had Duck-Rabbit Baltic Porter and Duck-Rabbit Rabid Duck, wasn't that impressed. I've had the Milk Stout and Porter before which were quite good, but for some reason these were very tannic. I am thinking they may be a bit oxidized.

Wife bought me a 48oz mug with Colts Logo ... gonna fill it up tonight with three Coconut Porter's.

Sounds like I may need to drink the rest of mine sooner than later?

Anchor Steam, and it's quickly becoming one of my favorites...

America's Brewing Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout - not bad but I've had better barrel aged stouts

Founder's Breakfast Stout - the hype machine is a bit off on this one for me...not a fan and I have 3 more to either age or trade away now. Too much bitter coffee for me.

New Holland Dragon's Milk - Good stuff

Magic Hat Odd Notion Fall 2009 - A Belgian Chocolate Stout that is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.