• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drinking the Alaskan Smoked Porter - 2007 Vintage I got from Justin in the beer PIF. That is a lot of smoke in one beer! Good stuff.

Nothing right now, but after work.....
Westy Blond
Leffe Blond
Grimbergen Blond
and
Chimay

Have to wait until OCT for any of my Home brew to be ready.

Tim

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale - Great pumpkin ale

Got a 6pack of St Arnolds Divine Reserve #8 today. I'll be drinking one in a few days and let you guys know how awesome it is. :)

Troubadour Obscura...nice beer! :thumbs: :D

Finished that and opened an 08 Allagash Black, I'm in heaven!

Had a pint of Guinness 250th from the tap last night. Boo. Tasted like watered down Guinness. I'll stick with the regular Guinness draught cans, thank you very much.

man i just had some kwak and another one but they threw the bottle away so i dont know the name but the kwak was good

Autumn Beer Review. Beer of the day was the Coconut Milk Stout brewed by Minneapolis Townhall Brewery. The whole group actually agreed on this. An amazingly smooth beer that full of chocolate and coconut flavors. There were many good stouts at the Review, including Founders' Breakfast Stout, but this one really took the show. Surly had a something called Jesus Juice, among many others, but I was too drunk to remember what it tasted like (beyond it being dark and sweet).

Fantastic event. One funny thing did happen, well many, but one worth mentioning. I was hanging with the wife waiting to rinse my glass, and some guy taps my shoulder and says, "Hey, dig the shirt." It's Todd Haug, masterbrewer at Surly. The shirt I was wearing was an Antibalas band shirt. We talked World Music for a while and then a little about beer.

Fng great times. If I get the time, I'll post more with pics later.

I had my first pumpkin ale last night. Post Rd. Pumpkin Ale. I could definitely taste the cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg flavors, but then it had a weird base beer flavor, I am assuming it was that pumpkin. :) Couldn't say I really liked it at all, although I could see where some people would like it. It had a good sweet flavor to it and plenty of spice flavor, just couldn't get over the base flavor. Gotta try stuff to know if you are gonna like it!

Gotta try stuff to know if you are gonna like it!

Amen! That's what got my started down the dark path of craft beers and good cigars! I was destined to like pumpkin beer, seeing as I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin soup, and pumpkin coffee.

Anyway, had a bottle of Stone RIS and finished up with one, or two, or five Sapporos. Nice night spent with good friends, good beer, and good cigars!

By the way, I happened to spot a sixer of Heineken Dark at the liquor store last night. I'm not a Heineken man, but anybody have the dark? I've never seen it before.

The Dark is like the Shiner of Heineken, decent but not super impressive or anything.

Drinking a Saint Arnold Divine Reserve 8 - Scottish Ale. Pretty good and close to Old Chub but a lot sweeter. Definitely glad I got to try it.

Had a Red Nectar, Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout & St. Bernardus 60th Anniversary

Labatt Blue around the campfire.

Had Cuvee 2 from the tap at Southern Tier on Saturday. While we were there, one of the locals showed up dressed in a traditional Scottish kilt. He was a member of a musical group and had just played an event nearby. He was originally from Scotland and came complete with brogue. We sat around drinking Cuvee and listening to him play the bagpipe. It was an unusual and enjoyable evening.

I brought home some Unearthly, Iniquity, Uber Sun, and a bottle of their Creme Brulee Stout. The stout will probably be sacrificed Wednesday.

Autumn Beer Review. Beer of the day was the Coconut Milk Stout brewed by Minneapolis Townhall Brewery. The whole group actually agreed on this. An amazingly smooth beer that full of chocolate and coconut flavors. There were many good stouts at the Review, including Founders' Breakfast Stout, but this one really took the show. Surly had a something called Jesus Juice, among many others, but I was too drunk to remember what it tasted like (beyond it being dark and sweet).

Fantastic event. One funny thing did happen, well many, but one worth mentioning. I was hanging with the wife waiting to rinse my glass, and some guy taps my shoulder and says, "Hey, dig the shirt." It's Todd Haug, masterbrewer at Surly. The shirt I was wearing was an Antibalas band shirt. We talked World Music for a while and then a little about beer.

Fng great times. If I get the time, I'll post more with pics later.

Sounds like a good time Mick. Todd posts over on my beer board that I frequent, seems like a good dude.

Had Cuvee 2 from the tap at Southern Tier on Saturday.

I brought home some Unearthly, Iniquity, Uber Sun, and a bottle of their Creme Brulee Stout. The stout will probably be sacrificed Wednesday.

Hate to say it bro, but I was not impressed with Unearthly. Way too much alcohol, not enough balance. This seems to be a market trend with the Doubles, but not many are getting it right. There are three that I know of that (IMO) have gotten it right. Bell's HopSlam, Surly 16 Grit, and Flying Dog Double Dog Ale. The last of those I'm drinking now.

Also, we had a chance to try Southern's Creme Brulee Stout at Autumn Beer Review. Again, too much alcohol. Here, they tried to balance it with the sweetness of a 'sort of' creme brulee flavor; everyone agreed it just didn't work. Oh well, their Pumpking Ale is unbeatable.

Sounds like a good time Mick. Todd posts over on my beer board that I frequent, seems like a good dude.

Justin, I officially invite you out for Winter Fest (February) or next year's Autumn Beer Review. They are fucking unbelievable man. We had 60 craft breweries at ABR. It was just ridiculous. Throw in 3000 drunk party animals with good taste and wild spirits... If it had broken out into an all out orgy, it would not have surprised me.

Life sometimes is like a blowjob.

Status
Not open for further replies.