• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do love the 90 Minute IPA and always have at least one 4 pack or so in the fridge but IMO it is a bad example of the style. It is far to roasty and malty to truly fit into the American IPA/Double IPA category. Not sure what it should be considered, possibly an English IPA but its a great beer none the less. What say you guys on the subject?

I'm back and forth on the 90 Minute. I got to drink some this week in Florida and really enjoyed it. But the last time I brought some home from a trip, I found it a little lacking in hops, much more to the malty side. I drank a six of 60 Minute that I picked up in the spring, I almost thought, it was hoppier. I just wish we could buy DFH in Kansas.

Lacking in hops is one definete way to tell if DGH 60/90/120 is aged, after about 6 months, the "hop kick" REALLY drops off.

Had a Sour Beer Tasting at a friend (and fellow BA's) house yesterday. We started off with a Lost Abbey Carnivale to celebrate the last weekend of summer, then dove into the sours. It was like a Brett-fest 2008! Here they are (in no particular order):

Mikkeller It's Alive
New Belgium La Folie
Rodenbach Grand Cru
De Proef Pinhead
De Proef Rat Rider
De Proef Pig Nun
De Proef Surly Bird
Alpine Ichabod
Norrebro Bryghus Old Odense
Russian River Beatification
Russian River Temptation
Russian River Supplication
Jolly Pumpkin La Roja Grand Reserve
Monks Flemish Sour

Had a Sour Beer Tasting at a friend (and fellow BA's) house yesterday. We started off with a Lost Abbey Carnivale to celebrate the last weekend of summer, then dove into the sours. It was like a Brett-fest 2008! Here they are (in no particular order):

Mikkeller It's Alive
New Belgium La Folie
Rodenbach Grand Cru
De Proef Pinhead
De Proef Rat Rider
De Proef Pig Nun
De Proef Surly Bird
Alpine Ichabod
Russian River Temptation
Monks Flemish Sour

That's a nice lineup!

Mikkeller It's Alive
New Belgium La Folie
Rodenbach Grand Cru
De Proef Pinhead
De Proef Rat Rider
De Proef Pig Nun
De Proef Surly Bird
Alpine Ichabod
Russian River Temptation
Monks Flemish Sour

Sorry to not have gotten the disident to you sooner....

Paul

I drank a 2006 Anchor Steam Christmas Ale the other day. Wow, did this thing age well in my basement.
I found a couple bottles of 2000 still in the back of my parents' basement fridge from when I first moved back to Philly from the DC area. We'll see how they held up come this December!

Rougue Double Dead Man ale. $11 for 24oz of beer, fer Christ's sakes I must have been outa my mind. Wasn't bad, though.

Doc.

I haven't started yet... but I will put away a few Sams and some Henny starting in about 1/2 hour, and I'm going to break out a couple of Fonsecas from the newie sampler to go with the henny.

I hate to say this, but I've come to realize I'm fairly predictable. ???

In Vegas for Bachlor party and I started with a Moylans kilt lifter ... WOW this is a really tasty brew. Next is moylans imperial stout.

Thinking I'm gonna lite up an guapo Jr to accompany my beer.

I've under estimated moylan. The IS is also really tasty.

I've had their white xmas before which was pretty good.

The IS IMO is much better then stones RIS

I've under estimated moylan. The IS is also really tasty.

I've had their white xmas before which was pretty good.

The IS IMO is much better then stones RIS

Wow, that's high praise. I had their DIPA and wasn't impressed at all. I've had their barleywine in the cellar for a while now, might have to give that a try.

I'm a Blue Moon: Harvest Moon. It's a Pumpkin Ale. Kind of tastes like a cross between a ginger bread cookie and pumpkin pie. It's actually not that bad, it took a couple of them to get used to it but it's not half bad. If you get Blue Moon in your area, you ought to give it a try. Sorry if the pic is a little blurry, I have a crappy camera.

gallery_8234_842_407539.jpg

Finished the IS and opened up a Palo Santos. Wow this a awesome beer.

My Best man is taking me to spagos, having some dinner while we wait for the rest of the crew to arrive.

Finished the IS and opened up a Palo Santos. Wow this a awesome beer.

My Best man is taking me to spagos, having some dinner while we wait for the rest of the crew to arrive.

Sounds like you had one hell of a night drinking, Mike. How you feeling bro???? :laugh:

That Palo Santo is freaking awesome, I love it.

Last night I brought home some Stone Pale Ale, it is the third edition in denverdog's kegerator.

2890249041_1166cb8e33.jpg

Well just got up... And what I remember I had a 90 min IPA, chimay red, dragonhead stout ... Few vodka and redbulls, few shots of tequila.

Man my head is killing me so I popped open a bottle of spaten Oktoberfest to ease the hangover.

Nice grab Jonas. Look at you with your keg making sure you put the babys seat belt on LOL

I had to go down to Omaha yesterday, so I had lunch at the Crescent Moon - a great reuben, accompanied by an Old Rasputin (good, but the alcohol was a bit too noticeable) and a New Belgium Giddy Up (interesting, and good once you get acclimated after a couple swallows).

Then I went next door after lunch and spent $85 on a bunch of stuff at Beertopia. Some Curator and Korbinian, a couple six-packs of Augustiner (Edelstoff and Maximator), a bottle of Rogue Imperial Porter, an Ayinger Oktoberfest. I can't remember what, if anything, else.

I would have liked to stick around for the Oktoberfest party that afternoon, but I had to come back. :( I had my own Oktoberfest by drinking that Ayinger after dinner, and I was reminded what a great brewery that is (I like everything I've tried from them). The Oktoberfest is a wonderfully malty, bready beer without being sweet. I followed that up with a Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter that was delicious. I've said before that I don't like Flying Dogs regular line of beers, but that Gonzo was great. I have some of the barleywine and Imperial Pale Ale to try as well, and I hope they're as good.

Edit: I remembered that I bought some La Folie, Oak Aged Yeti, and Gouden Carolus Cuvee van de Kaiser at Beertopia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back