• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some Rogue Santa's Private Reserve this weekend. I didn't enjoy it at all. It gave it a very bitter IPA type taste that I often times find hard to pair with cigars. I switched it up with some Karl Strauss Red Trolley (one of my go-to brews).

After 3 nights in Chicago with a co-worker I believe I polished off somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 Black and Tans - Smithwicks style.

What? No Surly?

Had some Rogue Santa's Private Reserve this weekend. I didn't enjoy it at all. It gave it a very bitter IPA type taste that I often times find hard to pair with cigars. I switched it up with some Karl Strauss Red Trolley (one of my go-to brews).

I agree. A good IPA will just overwhelm your palatte with flavor. Good to pair them with something light in flavor, like a burger or something.

About halfway through a Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA at the moment. Very nice so far, more complex than a typical IPA. Definite hop presence but not overdone. A sweet backbone makes it an IPA that non-hopheads would enjoy.

Man I love me some Hopslam! Have some enroute and it's painful waiting for it to get here.
Since when did you like the big, over-the-top hop bombs?

The difference to me with HopSlam, Nugget Nectar, and a few others is that they aren't just over the top bitter. The hops are more citrus and pine and there is a nice malt backbone as opposed to things like Hop Sickle that are just out of control bitterness.

Plus maybe I'm just starting to acquire a taste for them? :blush:

Last night we had a couple of 2008 Nugget Nectars and too much bourbon. ???

EDIT: BTW, the NN was still great but the hops were pretty much non-existent. I will drink the 2009 sixer very fresh.

Sam Adam's Triple Bock
I am more of the West coast U.S. red wine and bourbon guy but I wanted to jump in and say that I actually found a bottle of Sam Adam's tripple bock last week and really blew my mind. It was all dusty on the back row of a shelf in a local liquor store. Had obviously been there for these past 10 years. What a treat, I really enjoyed it. It was like expresso and bitter chocolate. A port more then a beer. What a strange great brew.

I had the day off from work yesterday so i spent it at the local B&M. Had some great smokes paired with a Carolina Blonde and also i had a Oaked Arogant Bastard Ale

Right now we are having a Maui Big Swell IPA and some Kentucky Breakfast Stout. Both are really good but good god the KBS is drinking especially awesome.

Yesterday at the Blackfoot taproom I had a pint of their new doppelbock which was very good, and a pint of their Brewer's Reserve 07 Scottish which was fantastic. Got a growler of OPA filled while I was there and drank that at home.

Getting ready to crack open a HopSlam right now. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.