• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few Newcastles. Warming up for Flying Saucer on the next two days.

Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron. This was a super peppery to me. I think it was from the wood. I seem to have some sort of enhanced pepper tastebud. I get the same thing from Grenache a lot of times. I've got some other DFH brews to try from a recent trade. Hopefully they'll work out a little better.

Homebrew pilsner from a guy I got 100# of raw wheat from today. Very nice beer, excited to try the pale ale next.

Last night: Titan IPA, Saison Dupont, Duchesse De Bourgogne and Mirror Mirror.

Today will be more Titan during both NBA game 7's.

My buddies and I killed a keg of Stella last night. Stella isn't my idea of a great beer, but I guess it will serve as my intro to this thread. The day before I polished off the remaining bottle of a six pack of Spaten Optimator. I have a sixer of Victory Storm King waiting in fridge.

Southern tier mokah. Smelled just like the choklat. Coffee flavor came out on the finish.

How about some Zywiec beer . Anybody ever had this one? That's a full like no other and i can bet any real beer fan would appreciate that one.If you never had chances to had one i can easly arrange it.

Had an Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale last night. I had the non Oaked version before, but it has been a little while. I am not sure if the Oak really added anything (except a bit to the price) for me. I actually think I preferred the non Oaked, but still a great beer!

I ventured out to Southern Tier over the weekend. They have a nice little pub with an outdoor patio for smoking. I had several beers including the Hop Sun. It was good. Not spectacular, but good. The 422 is a pale wheat that I could have downed multiple glasses of. The new find was the Cuvee Series 2. I missed the Series 1 and the Series 3 isn't due until June. At 11%, this is a beer that you don't slam down to quench your thirst. It's almost syrupy with a strong bourbon finish. I lit up a Fonseca, staked a claim on a patio chair down wind of everybody else, and enjoyed. Finished both the glass and the stick at about the same time. Heaven.

How about some Zywiec beer . Anybody ever had this one? That's a full like no other and i can bet any real beer fan would appreciate that one.If you never had chances to had one i can easly arrange it.

I've had the porter before, good stuff. I love Baltic Porters. I don't know if I've seen it around recently.

The restaurant I dined at last night had DFH Raison D'Etre as an addition to the menu. I'll overlook that our waiter asked if the bottle was fine or if I would care for a glass.

The restaurant I dined at last night had DFH Raison D'Etre as an addition to the menu. I'll overlook that our waiter asked if the bottle was fine or if I would care for a glass.

You can always tell what kind of place you are in by how they bring your beer to you. I love it when they pour premium beers into nice frosted mugs! Many places don't even know that there is more than one type of glass that you can drink beer out of. :)

You can always tell what kind of place you are in by how they bring your beer to you. I love it when they pour premium beers into nice frosted mugs! Many places don't even know that there is more than one type of glass that you can drink beer out of. :)

He did end up bringing a frosted glass. I waited until it warmed up a bit before pouring myself. I almost asked for a water glass, but didn't want to push the issue.

It was one of the nicer restaurants in the Clearwater area with an excellent wine selection. They may not have beer down yet, but I was happy to see them make an attempt to expand their offerings.

In Kansas City:

Boulevard Smokestack Series The Sixth Glass: A 'quadrupel' Trappist type ale. Great beer. Thank you Brent!!
Boulevard Smokestack Series Saison: Think Duvel, but not as dry. Again, this was an excellent beer.
Boulevard Pale Ale: One of the worst pales I've ever had. A dog would love it, because I'm certain it tasted like cold water from the toilet. Just terrible. Thankfully, our waitress noticed the disappointment in our eyes and brought us a couple Boulevard Wheats. The Wheat was ok, but then again, I'm still 'off' of wheat ales.
A bourbon stout that DePasta brought (I'll edit later): Very very good. It was much lighter than most bourbon stouts I've tried, and a perfectly balanced beer that you could drink all night.
Guiness 50th Anniversary: Perhaps the commercial brewers should stay away from specialties...
Surly Furious: From the keg. Everyone raved. No pinesol comparisons. I'm very glad.

In Kansas City:

Boulevard Smokestack Series The Sixth Glass: A 'quadrupel' Trappist type ale. Great beer. Thank you Brent!!
Boulevard Smokestack Series Saison: Think Duvel, but not as dry. Again, this was an excellent beer.
Boulevard Pale Ale: One of the worst pales I've ever had. A dog would love it, because I'm certain it tasted like cold water from the toilet. Just terrible. Thankfully, our waitress noticed the disappointment in our eyes and brought us a couple Boulevard Wheats. The Wheat was ok, but then again, I'm still 'off' of wheat ales.
A bourbon stout that DePasta brought (I'll edit later): Very very good. It was much lighter than most bourbon stouts I've tried, and a perfectly balanced beer that you could drink all night.
Guiness 50th Anniversary: Perhaps the commercial brewers should stay away from specialties...
Surly Furious: From the keg. Everyone raved. No pinesol comparisons. I'm very glad.

That would be Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout. :thumbs:

I got started drinking Unibraue's La Fin de Monde (or something similarly\y spelled). I had it both Sunday and Monday night. Monday night was pint night so after LFM, I stuck to Guinness and Young's double chocolate. I've had the Zywiec and didn't like it. I think Warka regular is best Polish beer I've had.

A 22 oz bottle of Fat Tire. Wasn't so long ago that I thought this beer was the absolute shit. I'm sure Jonas remembers as well. :) Well, the times change. And sometimes very fast. It's more like Flat Tire than Fat Tire to me now. I've ruined myself. Again.

But hey, Surdyk's has their annual craft beer sale starting on Friday and Founders is coming to town this month. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.