• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 22 oz bottle of Fat Tire. Wasn't so long ago that I thought this beer was the absolute shit. I'm sure Jonas remembers as well. :) Well, the times change. And sometimes very fast. It's more like Flat Tire than Fat Tire to me now. I've ruined myself. Again.

But hey, Surdyk's has their annual craft beer sale starting on Friday and Founders is coming to town this month. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mick, I might have to have you make a run to the Surly sale...

Glad you boys are enjoying some CO beer, sans the Fat Tire of course. C'mon Mick, you know better!

Mike, nice choice. Hades is a solid solid beer. :thumbs:

Had an Ugly Pug from the Rahr Brewery, thanks to a fine but mis-guided BOTL. :laugh:

It sure was delicious paired with a Regios Reserva. :thumbs:

denverdog said:

thanks Jonas, this was a nice tastey brew.
currently sipping on some Pig's Ass, hope i don't get the swine. :rollingeyes:

man Justin this is some good sheit!
love the mildness but still satisfying, also love how this could be a session beer too. i definately could drink a sixer in one sitting. Man i am totally envious, you mid-westerners got some excellent breweries.

denverdog said:

love the mildness but still satisfying, also love how this could be a session beer too. i definately could drink a sixer in one sitting. Man i am totally envious, you mid-westerners got some excellent breweries.

You calling me a mid-westerner! You San Diego guys have it so rought too. :rolleyes:

denverdog said:

You calling me a mid-westerner! You San Diego guys have it so rought too. :rolleyes:

To stay on topic, just finished an Alesmith IPA and am moving onto a Southern Tier Oat.

Modelo Negro, and I don't want to hear a word out of you Justin!

Better than my PBR last night :whistling:

Had a homebrew American Amber last night from a friend.. not the best beer ever but wasn't too bad. Could have been a little fuller.

2c0i6r.jpg

This is my review that I pasted from my journal:

Victory 12th Anniversary – I bought this beer not really having any idea what I was getting. I had heard that this is a good brewery so when I saw their logo I went for it. The beer was 12% alcohol so I knew it would be a beast and it was Belgian style so I expected something similar to Blue Moon and SA White. Pouring it out was an experience as the huge head foreshadowed the creaminess of the beer. I don’t think the head ever left the beer. The taste was as expected. Intense cloves and cinnamon with a creamy mouthfeel. I also thought I detected some orange in the aftertaste. The alcohol taste was strong but nicely balanced and it was pretty drinkable throughout. I liked this beer and would recommend it to anyone who likes Belgian style brews.

This is my review that I pasted from my journal:

Victory 12th Anniversary – I bought this beer not really having any idea what I was getting. I had heard that this is a good brewery so when I saw their logo I went for it. The beer was 12% alcohol so I knew it would be a beast and it was Belgian style so I expected something similar to Blue Moon and SA White. Pouring it out was an experience as the huge head foreshadowed the creaminess of the beer. I don’t think the head ever left the beer. The taste was as expected. Intense cloves and cinnamon with a creamy mouthfeel. I also thought I detected some orange in the aftertaste. The alcohol taste was strong but nicely balanced and it was pretty drinkable throughout. I liked this beer and would recommend it to anyone who likes Belgian style brews.

Thanks for the review, V12 is a great beer. Quite a bit different than Blue Moon and SA White, eh?

To me, it seemed like a more intense version of Blue Moon and White. I'm still a bit of a novice when it comes to craft beer so I don't get the subtle nuances that others may get. But I can tell you I liked the 12th much more than the pints of BM and SAW that I've had!

I've been all crazy about La Fin du Monde, so I had some more. I have also been drinking a Leinenkugel Berry Weiss. It's a good hot afternoon picnic kind of beer.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='865763' date='May 24 2009, 05:54 PM']I've been all crazy about La Fin du Monde, so I had some more. I have also been drinking a Leinenkugel Berry Weiss. It's a good hot afternoon picnic kind of beer.[/quote]

Had La Fin du Monde this past weekend and it was phenomenal. Currently sipping on a Bell's Oberon which is probably my favorite summer beer to have. Also easy to drink.

Yesterday, Boulevard's Smokestack Series Saison and the Sixth Glass. So good. Today, Furious and will soon crack a Bitter Brewer. Wife is on her third Amstel. If I can switch her to wine, tonight will be epic.

New Belgium Trippel today. A nice change from the usual line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.