• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anchor OSA 09 tastes like jasmine...very weird and I can't stomach it. I have around 3 left and can't bring myself to drink them. It has no roasty/porter flavors and tastes like flowers to me. Very weird...
OSA 09 is definitely different than OSA 08. Can't really decide which is better. Don't get jasmine but totally agree with you, the 2008 is much more porter/stout qualities.

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout! :love: Damn this beer was GOOD! I think it's my new second favorite behind Westy 12 and Founder's KBS. I have got to get some more before it disappears. I was attempting to get a growler of it and missed it by a few days! :( Maybe next time.
The GI BCS you had, is this the new 2009 version that comes in a bomber?

It was the 2009 release but not in a bomber, just a 12oz. bottle. I didn't even know this came in a bomber! I have to find out if they have them when I go back to get more.

edit to add: St. Bernardus Abt. 12 yesterday evening after a long and trying day! God I love Belgian Ales!

They just starteed putting it in bombers also this year and they're an ass raping. Stick to the 12oz, much better deal for the same beer.

Stopped by Dry Dock last night for a few pints. Enjoyed several glasses of the Naked Porter on nitro. Damn I love living 2 miles from this place. :thumbs:
48606362-f4ea22da72bfb03e9a9eeec70baffc7c.4b216300-scaled.jpg

Thanks to my Soulpuppy brutha, I have had the opportunity to try a few Maui Coconut Porters (and have a few left). Of the first two cans I had, I couldn't find even a hint of coconut, but still thought the beer was excellent. I vaguely tasted the coconut on my third try. With or without an obvious coconut presence, this is an excellent beer.

If only Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery could bottle their Coconut Milk Stout. Man, that beer....

Thanks to my Soulpuppy brutha, I have had the opportunity to try a few Maui Coconut Porters (and have a few left). Of the first two cans I had, I couldn't find even a hint of coconut, but still thought the beer was excellent. I vaguely tasted the coconut on my third try. With or without an obvious coconut presence, this is an excellent beer.

If only Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery could bottle their Coconut Milk Stout. Man, that beer....

I saw an episode of Three Sheets, on FLN, and he was in Hawaii having some of this. While my brother was there, about 2 months ago, I asked him to bring me some. Fugger drank them before I got them.

I saw an episode of Three Sheets, on FLN, and he was in Hawaii having some of this. While my brother was there, about 2 months ago, I asked him to bring me some. Fugger drank them before I got them.

LOL it's awesome beer so I don't blame him. I've only had one but it left me wanting more. Really nice cocoa/fudge aroma and taste. One of the best Porters I've ever had.

I had my first Pliny the Elder a few nights ago and it didn't disappoint.

Drinking a Saint Arnold Divine Reserve #9 - crazy pumpkin spiced stout that tastes like pumpkin pie...great stuff

From Green Flash Brewing, A Le Freak that I picked up at Whole Foods the other day. Half Imperial Pale Ale and half Belgian Trippel and very good.

Glad you enjoyed them Mick!

And Brandon, PM me if you're interested in working something out for these...

Young's Double Chocolate Stout and Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale were last night's libations of choice.

Went on a Birra Moretti La Rossa kick last night. A great double malt Amber with 7.2% ABV just to let you know it's there. :cool:

Friday I had a Great Divide Hibernation.
Saturday I had a Brooklyn Brown and a few Widmer Hefeweizens.

Had a few Surly Furious on tap and a couple of Red Devil Lagers last night at Hell's Kitchen before the hockey game. The Red Devil Lager had a distinct rye presence that was pretty damn good.

Picked me up a 6pk of the Anchor 2009 Christmas Ale

Awesome beer, full of great complex flavors, and an aroma that is unmistakeably "Christmas-like."

I didn't get any jasmine flavor from it. Definitely an aroma of spruce and allspice, a little apricot. The flavor to me is predominatly apricot, and some hints of spruce/juniper. It is also a bit heavier to me than the other Anchor ales.

Picked me up a 6pk of the Anchor 2009 Christmas Ale

Awesome beer, full of great complex flavors, and an aroma that is unmistakeably "Christmas-like."

I didn't get any jasmine flavor from it. Definitely an aroma of spruce and allspice, a little apricot. The flavor to me is predominatly apricot, and some hints of spruce/juniper. It is also a bit heavier to me than the other Anchor ales.

I've been eyeing those, but I haven't bought them yet...

On the other hand, I am drinking a Buffalo Bill's Blueberry Oatmeal Stout. Not too bad. :thumbs:

Bootlegger's Rye IPA. It's a local brewery so wanted to try it but will probably not buy again. Not bad, but for the same price Hop Rod Rye is just as available.

Also, should have listend to Cali Mike and bought some Alpine Nelson. Been searching for rye's lately.

Also, should have listend to Cali Mike and bought some Alpine Nelson. Been searching for rye's lately.
Hey I was on your corner today and they had plenty Nelson ....

Just finished Dragon's Milk and WOW man this stuff knocked me on my ass. The bottle says aged in oak barrels but this tasted a lot like sweet bourbon. Tons of sweetness...I've heard a lot of people say its a bit thin but thats why its so dangerous ... I loved the thinness cause it made it sooooo drinkable, it was yummy.

By the way thanks Greg!

Status
Not open for further replies.