• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 Goose Island BCS. I thought that a year would mellow this beer out but still tasted quite boozy. Felt like I was drinking bourbon and not beer. Also had DFH Chicory Stout. Lovely beer. Placed a Firestone 13th in the fridge. Will be drinking this for Christmas.
I was thinking of opening my FW12 for Christmas. I just bought some of the 2009 BCS, but I haven't opened one yet.

From what I have heard, the FW11 is peaking but the 12 could hold up for at least another year. Wish I can find the 2009 BCS in the 4 pack. Its just way too boozy to open a 22 oz unless sharing with friends.

I would agree with that. I have sampled an 11 about every six months since its release and the last one I had in October definitely seemed to have peeked. Its always possible for it to be an odd period for it and maybe another year or two could actually cause some improvement, crazier things have happened. The 12 on the other hand is drinking great now but I think it could easily hold up for several more years.

Man, there are a lot of beers out there I've never seen nor heard of.

Had a pint of my homebrew stout last night. Still needs to carb up a bit more, but it tastes better now that it has some carbonation. Strangely, the carbonation seems to cut into the heavy roast flavor a bit. I'm pretty satisfied with this beer as of now.

Had a pint of my homebrew stout last night. Still needs to carb up a bit more, but it tastes better now that it has some carbonation. Strangely, the carbonation seems to cut into the heavy roast flavor a bit. I'm pretty satisfied with this beer as of now.

Nice! When are you brewing again? I haven't done any brewing since Thanksgiving and it's killing me.

Nice! When are you brewing again? I haven't done any brewing since Thanksgiving and it's killing me.

After New Year's. I'm going to brew a honey amber. I'm interested in using Honey Malt. Should be a wife pleaser if it turns out.

After New Year's. I'm going to brew a honey amber. I'm interested in using Honey Malt. Should be a wife pleaser if it turns out.

I've got a vial full of bugs and am itching to try a turbid mash and start the first leg of a gueuze, hopefully before the first of the year.

I had Red Brick's Blnde Ale last night. Biscuity would be a one word description. Wife liked it as well. I woudl call it a solid beer but not one to go nuts about. I would buy a six pack of it for when I'm not in a strong flavor mood.

I had too many beers the last few days up in Anchorage to even list. Good mojo from Midnight Sun and a braggot from Sleeping Lady were the ones that stick out, but I had soooooo many good ones that's just the start.

I had too many beers the last few days up in Anchorage to even list. Good mojo from Midnight Sun and a braggot from Sleeping Lady were the ones that stick out, but I had soooooo many good ones that's just the start.
Midnight Sun ... man I am jealous. Been trying to get some in trades and no luck.

At the Rahr Brewery weekly tasting I had a Rahr Bourbon Barrel Winter Warmer and a Rahr Ugly Pug. Good stuff.

The Bruery Autumn Maple - pretty good Belgian style brown with christmas spices.

Stopped in at the bar next to the theater last night
before watching It's Complicated and found myself a winner!
Lindeman's Peche Lambic.
Champagney & just delicioso, yum! :thumbs:

Dog Fish Head Olde School. 15% abv. After the first couple sips, I'm not sure I like it. I suspect, however, by the time I finish this bottle, I won't care.

Doc.

Last night had Chocolate by the Barrel. Not was I was expecting. Just average and a bit too smokey in flavor.

Today started with an Outstanding IPA, followed by Real Ale Coffee Porter and now sipping on a Nogne O Porter.

Prestige Lager and Anchor Liberty Ale
thumbs-up.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.