• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogue Dead Guy Ale tonight, and making the 2 hour trek tomorrow to go pick up a few growlers of KRBC Citra.

Oh man, I love Citra hops AND Kern River, I bet that stuff is fantastic! Have fun!

It's been highly sought after on BA. Looks like growlers are garnering some really good beers in trade.

This stuff really is just epically fantastic. I brought home two growlers for myself for the week. This is the last time they are brewing it for awhile...
sad.gif

Surly Furious and Founders Breakfast Stout. I'm thinking it might be time to break from stouts for a while. I still love them for the most part, but for some reason the last couple have been unfulfilling. Maybe I need to find something else besides IPA's to drink in the summer time, and save the stouts for the colder months.

Any suggestions for good summer time beer (and I'm not a big pilsner fan)?

Have you ever had a Saison? Do you like sour things?

Surly Furious and Founders Breakfast Stout. I'm thinking it might be time to break from stouts for a while. I still love them for the most part, but for some reason the last couple have been unfulfilling. Maybe I need to find something else besides IPA's to drink in the summer time, and save the stouts for the colder months.

I've had the Boulevard Saison Brett and really enjoyed it.

I've had the Boulevard Saison Brett and really enjoyed it.

You should try some Saison Dupont or Fantome. You can get both of those in KC. Great summer time drinking. I like hefeweizens and wits in the summer, especially as hot as it is here today :0

You should try some Saison Dupont or Fantome. You can get both of those in KC. Great summer time drinking. I like hefeweizens and wits in the summer, especially as hot as it is here today :0

I will check at my local place, and see if they have either. Thanks for the suggestions.

Nothing special, just a Surly Furious. And probably a Bender later.

Yuengling lager and a Black and Tan. Courtesy of some fine brother from CP.
thumbs-up.gif
wub.gif

Surprising find today. I was at Trader Joe's because my sister absolutely loves their house wine and so I got her a case worth. Not going there very often I wandered around for a bit and found that they had beer. In fact, they have ridiculously cheap house beer too! Picked up a 6er of black toad for about 6 bucks and it is quite tasty.

It looks like a red but tastes more like a brown or even a porter. Solid malt flavors with coffee comes with a dense head and heavier feel. The finish is slightly bitter and contrasts the sweet very well.

Had a bottle of Bell's Batch 9000 after changing the battery in the wife's car. It's honestly almost too sweet for me.

While in Ensenada I have really enjoyed a beer I have never before called Barrilito. Perfect beer for hot weather!

I have also had a few american beers ...
Great Divided Yeti
Great Divided Oak Aged Yeti
Great Divided Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti
Great Divided Espresso Oak Aged Yeti
Southern Tier Mokah

Had a bottle of Bell's Batch 9000 after changing the battery in the wife's car. It's honestly almost too sweet for me.

Agreed...this one was way too sweet. I thought Bell's Expedition Stout was very sweet as well.

Last night I had a Middle Ages Dragonslayer Stout that was a bit boozy. Friday night I had a Mikkeller Bourbon Barrel Black Hole that was extremely roasty.

Try some Ambers. Great Lakes has a good Amber (Eliot Ness), Flying Dog has a good one. See if your favorite breweries are putting one out.

Victory Golden Monkey, and Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale. Have never been a hophead, but lately I have felt like trying some, and they are good.

Try some Ambers. Great Lakes has a good Amber (Eliot Ness), Flying Dog has a good one. See if your favorite breweries are putting one out.

Ambers make me want to throw up in my mouth a little...

Ambers make me want to throw up in my mouth a little...

That's currently how I feel about wheat beers.

Adnams Gunhill again, but I finally found a cigar it pairs well with. Oliva Serie V--a great match for a great ale!

Status
Not open for further replies.