• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a bottle of Black Butte XXI that was excellent. Had this one aging for a year now...great Porter.

Just finishing a bottle of Nemesis

Was that the 2009 or the 2010? The 2010 wasn't supposed to be released till the 1st of September but some distributors in a few states let it go early despite the brewery's instructions. The 2009 is one of my favorite beers...damn good barrel aged wheatwine!

I just got done with a Sam Adams Black Lager and now starting on their Octoberfest. Recently bought the Harvest 12 pack to try the Pumpkin Ale which is pretty darn good.

Had a bottle of Blue & Grey Brewing Stonewall Stout.......... Nice flavors of Chocolate, Coffee, and Bourbon. Can't wait for winter to get here.

Just finishing a bottle of Nemesis

Was that the 2009 or the 2010? The 2010 wasn't supposed to be released till the 1st of September but some distributors in a few states let it go early despite the brewery's instructions. The 2009 is one of my favorite beers...damn good barrel aged wheatwine!

I just got done with a Sam Adams Black Lager and now starting on their Octoberfest. Recently bought the Harvest 12 pack to try the Pumpkin Ale which is pretty darn good.

Not a huge SA fan but their Oktoberfest is absolutely awesome! Man, autumn can't get here soon enough for me. Oktoberfest/Marzens and pumpkin ales! :D

Currently enjoying a bottle of Nefarious Ten Pin Imperial Porter. SKA Brewing out of Durango, CO. All the color and coffee flavor of a stout, with the sweetness and body of a Belgian ale. Damn good.

Southern Tier Pumking on tap at the brewery. :thumbs:

Oooh I've been wanting to try that one but never had the chance. Maybe I'll pick a few up on my east coast site hookup this year.

Tonight I had some beers as a part of my post-birthday dinner/weekend with my family. FYI The Covey is a brewpub in Fort Worth that makes great cutting edge beers. I just missed their Coconut Porter which I really wanted to try but oh well...

Rahr Bourbon Barrel Winter Warmer
The Covey "100" Belgian Style Dark Ale
The Covey Texas "Peaches" Wheat
The Covey Pather City Porter
Stone Ruination

Oooh I've been wanting to try that one but never had the chance. Maybe I'll pick a few up on my east coast site hookup this year.

Tonight I had some beers as a part of my post-birthday dinner/weekend with my family. FYI The Covey is a brewpub in Fort Worth that makes great cutting edge beers. I just missed their Coconut Porter which I really wanted to try but oh well...

Rahr Bourbon Barrel Winter Warmer
The Covey "100" Belgian Style Dark Ale
The Covey Texas "Peaches" Wheat
The Covey Pather City Porter
Stone Ruination
Happy Late Birthday my friend .. sorry I missed that.

Southern Tier Pumking is an interesting beer, tasted just like pie to me .... I liked it a lot! You should get a bottle or 2 to try.

Good to know.

It was a great weekend for beer as the family vacationed to the Dells and onward to Milwaukee's Irish Fest. The beer highlights were:

Ale Asylum's Hopalicious. Great beer. I had a map printed out leading to the liquor store that carried Ale Asylum.
Moosejaw Pale Tourist IPA. This was a pleasant surprise. Very unique IPA, very tasty. Great with pizza.

Disappointments:

Well, they had a couple microbrews at Irish Fest. They never used to have them, so I was happy for that. However, Milwaukee's largest is Lakefront (pretty sure of this) and they were there. I've never really cared for their beers. And, still don't. Their dark beers are really no different than any mass-produced dark beer. Crappy. The pales are boring. Still, it was nice to have something with hops.

Are there any good micros in Milwaukee? Perhaps Tyranena is the closest (Lake Mills). Everything else appears to be Madison and beyond.

Last night I had a fantastic bottle of *Spaten Oktoberfest* A Hoppy beer with a smooth ride from the taste buds to the stomach. It is a light to semisweet tasting beer, has a hint of caramel notes. Highly recommend.

Spaten Oktoberfest is awesome stuff. I've had many a mass of that whilst drunkenly singing Ein Prosit. :thumbs:

Tore it up this last weekend. Lagunitas Brown Shugga, Bell's Oberon, Shipwrecked Porter, Shipwrecked Copper Ale, Dragon's Milk and some Bud Light Limes. Ahhhh....beer!

Tore it up this last weekend. Lagunitas Brown Shugga, Bell's Oberon, Shipwrecked Porter, Shipwrecked Copper Ale, Dragon's Milk and some Bud Light Limes. Ahhhh....beer!

One of these things is not like the other... :whistling:

:p

-Rob

My brother got a job working at a local brewpub and is the brewer's assistant (for now). Tonight, the featured his first original recipe at the bar. A cask of Belgian-style Hefeweizen made with local honey, grains of paradise, coriander, and some other things I do not remember. Just 1 5 gallon cask, available only to members of their "mug club". And when I left 3 hours after it was tapped, there wasn't much left. It was 7.5% ABV. Not my preferred style, but it was good. More importantly, it was very well received. Hopefully, it's his first step to climbing the ladder over there.

I tore it up last night, which led to me sleeping too late and missing a plane like a dumb-ass. I had from tap Pliny, Gordon, Hopworks Rise Up Red, Dieu Du Ciel! Aphrodite, Bockor Cuvee des Jacobins Rouge, a coffee stout I can't remember and few others. I'm going to miss the beer in Seattle. I also had an aged Alaskan Smoked Porter earlier in the week at Swissy's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.