• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on a Westmalle Tripel. Love at first sip. My first venture into the world of Belgium beer.

Last night I had a Parabola by Firestone Walker. Also, had a couple too many of their IPA's, the Union Jack. Was definitely feeling it this morning. :thumbs:

A Founders Breakfast Stout I found near the back of my beer stash. Probably been sitting for 2 years as I forgot I had it. Still pretty tasty.

I finished my last bottle of Kona Coffee, Macadameia, Coconut Porter (Stone, Maui Brewing Co, Ken Schmidt collaboration). Surprisingly, for sitting in the refrigerator for a year and a half, this bottle was still excellent. From what I read, it is supposed to be drank within a few months. Oh well, the wife was upset there wasn't enough room in the refrigerator with the bottles I had been keeping in there. Please tell me they plan on making more of this in the future!

Had a bottle of GF Le Freak yeseterday. Pretty unique. The hops cut the sweet fruitiness of the tripel midway through. Pretty smooth and drinkable.

Had a bottle of GF Le Freak yeseterday. Pretty unique. The hops cut the sweet fruitiness of the tripel midway through. Pretty smooth and drinkable.
Sounds like I might like that.

I had a Spaten Ocktoberfest that was not very good. Too bitter and not sweet enough, IMO.

Really? Spaten Oktoberfest is just about my favorite of the style. Must have been a bad bottle or something as that beer should not be bitter at all.

If you can find Le Freak, give it a try. If not, PM and I can send a package your way.

Had a bomber of Deschutes Hop In the Dark. Still on the fence about Black IPA/American Black Ale/Cascadian Dark Ales/Whatchacallits. There is a ton of flavors going on there, not neccessarily good, but not bad either.

Had a bomber of Deschutes Hop In the Dark. Still on the fence about Black IPA/American Black Ale/Cascadian Dark Ales/Whatchacallits. There is a ton of flavors going on there, not neccessarily good, but not bad either.

Bad

Love that beer!

Drinking an 07 Golden Monkey. The time in the cellar has done wonders for this beer.

YellowKiteWeb_1.jpg

Another wonderful thing about living in Colorado Springs is the BEER. I picked up a case and a half of Yellow Kite by Bristol Brewing Co. A local company mind you, http://www.bristolbr...s.asp?brs_id=10. This is my favorite limited release, summer Pilsner.

http://beeradvocate....ofile/848/60038 <- Beer Advocate reviews gave it a B, I would rate it a bit higher A- to B+ range.

7_10-067.jpg

Jason

Last night I had a bottle of Pike's Brewing XXXXX Extra Stout which I found peculiarly bitter. Got a roasty backbone with bitter cocoa and bitter dark roasted coffee and not much else. A little disappointed in that one. Right now I'm working on the first pumpkin beer of the not-here-yet fall season, Uinta Punk'n. Nicely balanced beer that doesn't smack you with over the top spices. Nicely mild beer that would probably make a good session beer for a nice fall afternoon.

Great Lakes Eddie Fitz and many, many Labatt Blue's around the campfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.