• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruery Saison Rue. Love me some Saison!!!!!

I've been curious about black lager's so I tried a Guinness Black Lager last night. Fair, but not really exciting, and kind of a let down.
As much as I like Guinness, I haven't been blown away by anything they have to offer in a long while. Might I suggest giving Hofbrau Dunkle a try?

Earlier today I had a pint of KGB bourbon barrel aged (I don't recall the name of the brewery). Quite good! Pretty boozy and intense on the palate. RIght now sipping on a bottle of Chimay Premiere (red). Much more subtle and smooth than I was expecting. I suppose this would be another example of contrast between subtle Euro beers and in-your-face American beers. Mild and going down pretty easily, but not as robust as I was expecting.

Had some great beers in the past 3-4 days:
Boulevard Tank 7 - Wow what a great Saison! I definitely plan to buy this regularly in the 4-packs...especially in the summer.
Uinta Oak Jacked Imperial Pumpkin Ale - Pretty good barrel aged pumpkin ale.
Rahr La Grange Saison - Not the best Saison but it is one of the better beers I've had from this brewery...they're definitely starting to make good beer.
Life & Limb batch 2 - pretty damn good beer with big notes of maple and cocoa/chocolate and one of the creamiest beers I've ever had

Also went to the Addison Oktoberfest and drank copious amounts of Spaten Oktoberfest and Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse.

I've been curious about black lager's so I tried a Guinness Black Lager last night. Fair, but not really exciting, and kind of a let down.
As much as I like Guinness, I haven't been blown away by anything they have to offer in a long while.  Might I suggest giving Hofbrau Dunkle a try?

Earlier today I had a pint of KGB bourbon barrel aged (I don't recall the name of the brewery).  Quite good!  Pretty boozy and intense on the palate.  RIght now sipping on a bottle of Chimay Premiere (red).  Much more subtle and smooth than I was expecting.  I suppose this would be another example of contrast between subtle Euro beers and in-your-face American beers.  Mild and going down pretty easily, but not as robust as I was expecting.
I'll keep my eyes open for a Hofbrau Dunkle, the names familiar but I don't think I've had it. Tried a Sam Adams Lat 48 IPA that was pretty good, but Real Ale released a 15th anni Russian Imperial Black that definitely kicked everything else in the teeth. A little sweet at the end, but it worked.</p></p>

Had a 90 min IPA last night. A few Racer 5s are on the bill for tonight...

This past weekend...Sam Adams Boston lager Sam Adams Black Lager, Sam Adams Oktoberfest, DFH 90, DFH Midas Touch, DFH Burton Baton, Great Lakes Holy Moses White Ale

Stone 15th Anniversary Escondidian Imperial Black IPA. Long name, but one of the best beers I've ever had. For 6 or 7 bucks, you'd be crazy not to grab a bottle the next time you see it!

Started off with a DFH Palo Santo Marron (after a very hard day watching my boys), then with dinner I had a Racer 5. I am thinking I will be having a 90 Min IPA tonight paired with a My Father Puff Edition.

Grand Teton Sheepeater. First tasted this at one of Mike's (MAS_Puros) tastings and later bought a bottle for myself. It certainly isn't disappointing!

Weyerbacher Harvest Ale while bottling a homebrew fresh hop APA. Another great release from Weyerbacher.

Ladyface Weisenbock. Goes down waaaay too easily. Damn glad I have a growler of it sitting in the fridge.
Grand Teton Pursuit of Hoppiness. Smelling the bottle cap I thought this was gonna be a hop bomb. The hops are aggressive, don't get me wrong, but it also has a good malt backbone to balance it a little. Pretty good stuff.

Southern Tier Pumking

How is the pumpking? I like the bottle art and haven't had a bad one from Southern Tier yet.

Last night I had a Stone smoked porter and a DFH pumpkin ale. This was the first pumpkin ale I've really liked so far.

I am starting to learn about the "better beers" ( I usually drink Corona Extra). Today I ma really enjoying some Spaten Oktoberfest!

I'm kicking myself for not driving the 2.5 hours to Grand Rapids for the Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout release... hopefully they'll have it on tap for the Breakfast Stout Breakfast next month.

Forgot to post in here after hitting a bar in NYC for a Stone Tap Takeover during NYC Craft Beer Week.

Oaked Arrogant Bastard, Stone 15th Escondidian Imperial Black IPA, 2010 Old Guardian, and Ruination.

Man.. that Stone 15 was so incredible I picked up a growler of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.