• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found myself in Grand Rapids earlier this week so hit the Founders taproom. Had backwoods bastard, grand rapids stout, grut, and centennial IPA on tap. Would've had some breakfast stout but I have a case sitting in the fridge at home.

Found myself in Grand Rapids earlier this week so hit the Founders taproom. Had backwoods bastard, grand rapids stout, grut, and centennial IPA on tap. Would've had some breakfast stout but I have a case sitting in the fridge at home.

Breakfast Stout on tap is incredible.

The past few nights I've had:
The Bruery Batch 300 - Very interesting take on a Tripel. Dry hopped with Citra it had a discernable citrus hop presence along with the flavors of a Belgian Tripel which I thought was an interesting take on the style.
Abita 25th Vanilla Doubledog - I love Doubledog and this was a bigger 7% version with a bit of vanilla in the mix
Alpine Exponential Hoppiness - This is around 3 months old and was still an excellent DIPA. One of my favorites that I trade for anytime it's released.

Stone 15th Anniversary Black IPA - my favorite beer right now
Oktoberfest and chocolate chili stout from a local brewpub - both very solid offerings
Ommegang Three Philosophers from 2005 - Man... this was absolutely incredible. So much cherry up front. It was amazing.

Last night The Bruery Autumn Maple. A nice alternative to all the pumpkin ales I've been drinking lately.

Southern Tier road trip weekend. Pumking and 2XIPA on tap, plus a couple bombers of Back Burner barleywine from their last batch that had been sitting around the warehouse.

Spaten Optimator...mmmmmmmm

Edit for spelling

Optimator is an all time favorite, had one on tap Saturday.

I was going to try a Independence Saison Friday night but they were out. Instead had a La Bestia Aimable from Ranger Creek brewing that was a really nice surprise, I'll be on the hunt for more of their products. Also had a Black Thunder from Austin Beerworks that was pretty good.

Last night The Bruery Autumn Maple. A nice alternative to all the pumpkin ales I've been drinking lately.

I've been looking for a bottle of this. Hoping to find it at Total Wine this week.

Had a bottle of Chocolate Bock last night. First couple I've had in the past were pretty good when brought closer to room temp. This one had nothing it seemed. Maybe I held on to it too long.

Lost Abbey Judgement Day (very dark and chewy for a quad. very good as well)
PtE
He'Brew Genesis (Spectacular. Extremely chewy with a ton of caramel and butterscotch flavors)
FW Union Jack

headed down to Slows BBQ in Detroit for the Founder's Happy Hour :D

On Tap:
'09 Backwoods Bastard
Devil Dancer
Kentucky Breakfast Stout
Canadian Breakfast Stout
plus i had a bottle of '09 and '10 Kentucky Breakfast Stout

It was glorious.

headed down to Slows BBQ in Detroit for the Founder's Happy Hour :D

On Tap:
'09 Backwoods Bastard
Devil Dancer
Kentucky Breakfast Stout
Canadian Breakfast Stout
plus i had a bottle of '09 and '10 Kentucky Breakfast Stout

It was glorious.

Sounds like a hell of a night!

badwhale > that's one of the best IPAs around as far as I'm concerned. :thumbs:

Drinking some homebrew IPA here wishing I had some Two-hearted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back