• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Cigar Reading Material have you enjoyed?

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
Recently I have started to grow an interest in books about cigars manly Cuban cigars. We all know of the famous Min Ron Nee and its upcoming second edition with its potential extremely high price tag. However I am wondering what books you guys have enjoyed and would recommend to us. This Christmas I got a Barns and Nobles gift card and instead of just giving it to the wife like every year I searched out some books. I ended up making two purchases one of which I have enjoyed and the other was a waste of $7...

This is the one I have enjoyed and would highly recommend for its historical aspect and focus on the start of Cuban cigars or cigars in general for that mater. 
41JS3XJR9XL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This is the waste of $7. Its literally just a list of 100 Cubans 
100-top-cuban-cigars-alex-trost-paperback-cover-art.jpg

Recently after seeing it in Johns sale thread I have been interested in the book The World of Habanos. I started to research it last week and was really intrigued at what looked like such a great quality book for such a low price. I must have left my computer open to a site with the book for sale when I went out last weekend because yesterday a package arrived at the door and the wife says open it that's for you. To my surprise it was a copy of The World of Habanos. The book is beautifully put together with a ton of information and a must have for any Cuban Cigar fan. The book has a digital cd and a cigar sizing gauge with it. Out of the three books I now have this is hands down the book to buy! John actually has them for sale in both English and Spanish right now for a lower price than what my wife paid and what I have seen in other places. http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/70915-custom-rolled-mrn-book/  It is said to be limited quantity but I haven't seen how many they printed. The book is also listed and labeled as a first edition so I can only assume that there will be more. I hope it just stays in a reasonable price range. 

GET THIS BOOK! For only $40 you will be more than happy.
el-mundo-del-habano-cubierta-inglesl.jpg

So what are you guys reading and enjoying for books about cigars?

Paul

I actually can't say that I've read much in the area of actual books.  I do most of my learning online and through videos and such.  I very much appreciate your feedback on these books.  One of my favorite things to do when having a cigar is reading, and to have something verified as "worth it" in the cigar arena is helpful.

Sorry I can't contribute to other good books, but thanks for the review on these.  I'm quite sure I'll pick of The World of Habano based on this and have it ready for the Spring.

Penthouse!

It helps to learn about cigars!

Fifteen minutes after I pick it up I want a smoke! 

I love looking through my Min Ron Nee book, but given it's price on the used market, I'm pretty careful with it..... :0

BlindedByScience said:
I love looking through my Min Ron Nee book, but given it's price on the used market, I'm pretty careful with it..... :0

Yeah, no kidding....been looking for one under $350 for years.

grateful1 said:
Penthouse!

It helps to learn about cigars!

Fifteen minutes after I pick it up I want a smoke! 
All this time I thought I was the only one!

Paul The World of the Habano is a great book and well worth the $40 bucks. I also picked up the spanish version Min Ron Nee book from him. I have to read it a bit slower but what the heck.

I like Cigar Aficionado online.

Some of the guys in my cigar club have said what a crappy magazine it is.  I find it interesting.

Thanks for this review Paul. I don't own any of these books, but looks like the The World of the Habano will be my first one. I wanted to get MRN's book in Spanish but I don't know what's keeping me from it...

I haven't sought any books in particular and like Kona, I will read Cigar Aficionado.  However, since joining CP, I really have done most of my researching on this forum.  The depth of information, trials and tribulations of real life experiences from many different people has been a tremendous value to me.

Frank

Paul...I've got dozens of books on cigars an tobacco...mostly Cuban, but some not.  The book I'm going through right now is Partagas El Libro by Amir Saarony.  It's a hefty tome that is exquisitely done.  It's published in both English and Spanish.  It carries a price tag of $125, but is worth every penny, especially if you are a fan of Cuban cigar history and doubly so if you are a fan of the Partagas marca.  Do yourself the favor and splurge to get this book.

gallery_9513_1353_6539.jpg

Thanks Dave for the info I will be looking into that one next.
Light this! said:
Paul The World of the Habano is a great book and well worth the $40 bucks. I also picked up the spanish version Min Ron Nee book from him. I have to read it a bit slower but what the heck.
You also pointed me towards the World of Habanos book! Thanks brother I'm loving it.

I have ordered the World of Habanos book and hope to have it next week. Thanks for pointing the way Paul.

Maybe I need to edge-a-kate myself and get that World of Habanos book  :cool:

You'll learn a whole lot more by smoking cigars than you will reading about them. It's more fun too.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
You'll learn a whole lot more by smoking cigars than you will reading about them. It's more fun too.

Doc
:thumbs:  You'll get no argument from me.

Devil Doc said:

Doc
Or you can smoke them while reading about them!

Devil Doc said:

Doc
I totally agree that we learn more from doing than reading. I usually read when i smoke and do have fun doing both :)

I subscribe to CigarPress and CigarSnob.  I like the articles in both, as they are more about the Cigar sub-culture, especially with CP.