• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What cigars have you smoked that are real ass kickers?

Should have took everyones warnings about the Series V Maddies... Empty stomach and 1/2 the stick and it was an early bedtime for me. :D

The only cigar that's hit me really hard was an OpusX Perfexcion X No.2 2006 - my first (and only) Opus X.

It was so damn good though!

The first time I smoked a Power Ranger it made my head spin and turned my stomach upside down. I've smoked a few since then as well as other Opus, but none have kicked my butt like the first one. I've had a few LFD double ligeros that have given me a run for my money, but most cigars don't hit me too hard anymore. The T110 might be an exception. It sounds like an a$$kicker.

I smoked an Opus X #5 with a couple years on it that put a hurtin on me. Very tasty, too.

But Nics, in general, are the ones that peg the nicotine meter for me. They have that same root - nica ... ;)

A guy from the B&M was smoking LFD and said it was his favorite cigar. So before poker started, I decided to try one out. What a great game :sign:

Padron Family Reserve Maduro. Such a smooth cigar that creaps up on you and hits you over the head.

I had an Opus X double corona about a month ago that made me a little woozy. LFD Coronado is another that should not be smoked on an empty stomach. Great cigar with superb flavor, but a powerhouse.

This is a great thread, maybe we should consider pinning it.

I read through it again and I got the same reaction as before, certain LFD sticks, Opus, some Tats, select RP are real ass kickers. I have quite a few of them and I'm a woose to light some of them up because of what I read! :whistling:

Jonesy made a comment a few pages back about how certain cigars effect different people in different ways and this thread proves it in spades. But I'm still apprehensive about the Chisel and double ligero sticks. :laugh: Opus I don't have a problem with as well as the smaller Tats, T110, Cohete, etc. My all time ass kicker was the OR VSG. I remember me and a buddy waiting for them to get to a B&M in North Jersey that gets HTF Fuente, Ashton, etc. before anyone else. We bougth a few boxes, went out for a big Portuguese lunch, then lit them up in the car on the way back to his house...smoking & talking, puffing away trying to pull out the flavors and compare notes between us. By the time we got to his place (35minutes), the World was spinning and I was sweating like Patrick Ewing at the free throw line. I had to head to the bathroom just in case I tossed my lunch...thank God I didn't as I NEVER would have heard the end of it. I'll never forget it and it was by far and away the worst experience I ever had with a cigar

Which brings me to my point. Do I savor these special cigars and smoke them more slowly, thereby not letting the stronger tobacco takes hold of me, because they are a special smoke and I don't want to rush the experience?...or am I more cautious in general as to their purported effect? Is it more in the 'pace' of the experience than the strength of the tobacco? Why is it that one strong cigar effects a person differently than another when both are powerful leaf cigars? When I cut the lawn and smoke a cigar, I can really chug it so I smoke a milder cigar knowing that. But these power bombs, should we do our due diligence and learn from others beforehand? (the reason for the pinning). Also, do we tend to smoke a smaller cigar faster because of our preconceived notion that we selected it because of the limited time we have to smoke? Could this be one of the reasons we succumb to the effects of a short T110 or a thin Opus X Forbidden X Lancero instead of a LFD Double Ligero Chisel, or Coronado Double Corona?

I hope you guys can follow my thought process and convoluted line of questioning. :laugh:

Happy Holidays...

Joya de Nic's in the Gran Consul size...will knock your A*s out! Awesome flavor though...Close is the 6x60 Triple Maduro Camacho...whew

The CAO Mx2 I had was the first cigar so far to give me the nic kick. Made me feel a bit light headed and gave me some sweats. It reminded me to not smoke something a little heavier on an empty stomach.

Earlier this fall a Padron 1926 #35 got to me. Started out great but about 2/3 through, out of nowhere, I broke out in a sweat and had to call it a night at about 3/4 through.

I really didn't expect a short smoke like that to slap me silly. It started so well too. I'm thinking it might have just been an off night for me.

BR

The LFD Chisel made me take a seat for sure! Great cigar though.