• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What coffee did you drink today?

Picked up a couple of things for my travel coffee kit... a hand grinder and a wide-mouth mug - it is double-stainless walled and lined with ceramic to prevent metallic flavors...

IMG_1722.jpgIMG_1774.JPG

I'll accuse myself of NOT being a coffee snob, just a plain coffee lover. I brew a strong pot of joe, add a double espresso and I'm off to the races. Repeat some 2 times during the day. Keeps this 67 yr-old in shape!

You post a lot in this thread means you love your coffee. What do you recommend that has a smooth silky feel and low acidity without sacrificing on the flavor component. If it does well in latte/ cappuccino even better

I would say to get some lower acid coffees that still have rich flavors, you should try some of the Indonesian coffees - Sumatra, Sulawesi, and Java. To my palate, if they are roasted to more medium than lighter, they get a deeper and earthier flavor as well that is much different than the bright acidity that you don't care for as much.

I don't make lattes or caps at home, but I would think they should work decently as a single origin espresso, or another option would be to keep an espresso blend on have for when you make those? For that I'd try to find somwhere local or you can get an espresso blend from pretty much any roaster that I have posted pics of too.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

I would say to get some lower acid coffees that still have rich flavors, you should try some of the Indonesian coffees - Sumatra, Sulawesi, and Java. To my palate, if they are roasted to more medium than lighter, they get a deeper and earthier flavor as well that is much different than the bright acidity that you don't care for as much.

I don't make lattes or caps at home, but I would think they should work decently as a single origin espresso, or another option would be to keep an espresso blend on have for when you make those? For that I'd try to find somwhere local or you can get an espresso blend from pretty much any roaster that I have posted pics of too.

Hope that makes sense and helps!
Thanks. For the advice. I bought a few blends on Amazon that came highly recommended. Trying one now - seems good so far. Will post pics of what I got later on

The problem with having separate stock for espresso is that I use super automatic machine for everything: espresso, reg coffee, cappuccino etc and taking left over beans from the hopper is a bitch