• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What coffee did you drink today?

Started the day with my home roasted Ethiopian.
Now at the end of the work day, I'm suffering through a pot of office coffee. Folger's brewed with tap water. It's better than the Keurig coffee maker sitting next to it, but not by much.

Started the day with my home roasted Ethiopian.
Now at the end of the work day, I'm suffering through a pot of office coffee. Folger's brewed with tap water. It's better than the Keurig coffee maker sitting next to it, but not by much.

I found with office coffee, that if I double bagged it, it was much better. I haven't had to suffer through office coffee for a few years, thank god!

I found with office coffee, that if I double bagged it, it was much better. I haven't had to suffer through office coffee for a few years, thank god!
Our office isn't using the premeasured bags, so I can make it strong as necessary....and it will jump start a dead car.
Unfortunately, it just isn't as tasty as fresh light roasted beans.

Can anyone recommend some whole bean coffee that’s strong on taste but light in acidity ?

You guys have some pretty exotic stuff that I've never heard of. Is there a bag of something that I could order that everyone would agree is a favorite go-to? I've tried a few bags of BRCC without any wow happening, and my normal fallback has been caribou daybreak. I use a french press, and drink it either black, or I add a little honey and a splash of oat milk.

Home roasted Ethiopian.
I'm experimenting with an even lighter roast profile.

You guys have some pretty exotic stuff that I've never heard of. Is there a bag of something that I could order that everyone would agree is a favorite go-to? I've tried a few bags of BRCC without any wow happening, and my normal fallback has been caribou daybreak. I use a french press, and drink it either black, or I add a little honey and a splash of oat milk.

Where are you located? I'd seek out a local roaster of quality coffees and experiment there. If you don't have anything local, any of the coffees that I post are from all over the country that are shipped to me. Reading about your regular coffee, it reports to be a lighter roast with coffees from Ethiopia and Latin America. Definitely some good starting points for some single origins imho.

Where are you located? I'd seek out a local roaster of quality coffees and experiment there. If you don't have anything local, any of the coffees that I post are from all over the country that are shipped to me. Reading about your regular coffee, it reports to be a lighter roast with coffees from Ethiopia and Latin America. Definitely some good starting points for some single origins imho.
Minnesota. There isn't anything local in my small town, but there's a place a few towns over that roasts, and i've ordered from them before for a coffee infused beer that I did. They have this to offer, which is exactly what I was looking for after doing a little reading into Ethiopian coffee. Yirgacheffe and washed. LINK HERE Thoughts?

Otherwise I was just going to order something off amazon to try. Once I find something I like that actually excites me to want to make it, I may go a step deeper and experiment with roasting and grinding at home. I just don't need this to turn into another 10 year adventure of mediocre results before it finally gets GOOD when I could have just bought quality at the store for a fraction of the price (example: home brewing)

Minnesota. There isn't anything local in my small town, but there's a place a few towns over that roasts, and i've ordered from them before for a coffee infused beer that I did. They have this to offer, which is exactly what I was looking for after doing a little reading into Ethiopian coffee. Yirgacheffe and washed. LINK HERE Thoughts?

Otherwise I was just going to order something off amazon to try. Once I find something I like that actually excites me to want to make it, I may go a step deeper and experiment with roasting and grinding at home. I just don't need this to turn into another 10 year adventure of mediocre results before it finally gets GOOD when I could have just bought quality at the store for a fraction of the price (example: home brewing)

That looks like it will be tasty! The link popped up with a grind selected - are you ordering the coffee ground or whole bean? If you don't grind your own, I'd definitely add that to your process.