• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What coffee did you drink today?

I tried some Monkey something or other (I forgot the name) from Bird Rock a few weeks ago. It was good stuff. I'm currently working my way through a couple bags of Groundworks Slabtown.

Bump

@Not A Nice Person, please indulge me with stories and processes for this Vietnamese coffee you speak of.

It's good. 😁

EiiGZVcWoAAzH0l.jpegEiiGZVaXkAYDdaj.jpeg

You can get a "top hat" off Amazon for about $10-12. Go cheap unless you're hoity-toity; they all work the same.

Two tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk go in the cup & two tablespoons of dark roast, espresso roast, or Cafe du Monde (with chicory, it's the most authentic) go in the top hat. Bring one cup of water to a boil.

Add 2-3 tablespoons of boiling water to the grounds until they "bloom." (you'll know) drop the second screen on top (some screw down) and slowly pour the rest of the water in. Tap the top screen down & put the cover on until it all drips through.

Stir & pour into a glass full of ice.

It's really good. They serve it in Vietnamese restaurants, which we have a lot of here in south Texas. Go get yourself a nice bowl of pho & one of these to see if you like it or just go for it. Can of Cafe du Monde, squeeze bottle of sweetened condensed milk & a top hat will only set you back about $20 to give it a try. If you like iced coffee you'll LOVE it.

~Boar

It's good. 😁

View attachment 33997View attachment 33998

You can get a "top hat" off Amazon for about $10-12. Go cheap unless you're hoity-toity; they all work the same.

Two tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk go in the cup & two tablespoons of dark roast, espresso roast, or Cafe du Monde (with chicory, it's the most authentic) go in the top hat. Bring one cup of water to a boil.

Add 2-3 tablespoons of boiling water to the grounds until they "bloom." (you'll know) drop the second screen on top (some screw down) and slowly pour the rest of the water in. Tap the top screen down & put the cover on until it all drips through.

Stir & pour into a glass full of ice.

It's really good. They serve it in Vietnamese restaurants, which we have a lot of here in south Texas. Go get yourself a nice bowl of pho & one of these to see if you like it or just go for it. Can of Cafe du Monde, squeeze bottle of sweetened condensed milk & a top hat will only set you back about $20 to give it a try. If you like iced coffee you'll LOVE it.

~Boar
Thanks, heading to Amazon now...

Nice!! Love Thai iced coffee and tea. Add that with some Pho Tai Nam and I’m in heaven!
I might be headed to amazon as well.

Nice!! Love Thai iced coffee and tea. Add that with some Pho Tai Nam and I’m in heaven!
I might be headed to amazon as well.
One of the few things I don't like about living in Montana is the complete lack of ethnic restaurants. Had a decent Pho place here, but unfortunately got shut down for "questionable" butchering practices.

I aways pick the Starbucks Nitro Brew, and I will try pairing with hoyo epicure 2 next time 😁

Iron Bean Coffee Loki.
It's a light roast Ethiopian Yrgachiffe.

Absolutely amazing coffee. Another 5# order will be here Monday. When I open my last pound, I order 5 more.

Starbucks house blend.

I haven't had a good moment to sit down and roast some more beans since heading back to work...but I'll being doing up some Guatemalan batches soon.