• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to take care of several singles left in the humidor this weekend. Saturday, had a Romeo y Julieta (DR) churchill that had been resting for several months: very mild, woodsy, thin smoke, very un-tasty finish. Needed to follow with something stronger tasting: smoked a Monte Cruz Negra Cubana pyramide I had for over a year. Not bad, relatively smooth, but just could not overcome the bad aftertaste of the RyJ (DR) churchill.

Sunday, after brunch smoked a Montecristo(DR) #3, usually reliable but did not seem to quite develop the flavor I like. Several hours later I had a Bolivar CE with one year age: still too young and possibly just coming out of sick period?

All in all, a nasty weekend. Today, my taste buds feel killed/dead. I will now abstain a few days to hopefully clear my palate a bit.

What do others do to cleanse the palate after disagreeable smokes? Gargling and brushing didn't do it for me.

antaean

Wanted to take care of several singles left in the humidor this weekend. Saturday, had a Romeo y Julieta (DR) churchill that had been resting for several months: very mild, woodsy, thin smoke, very un-tasty finish. Needed to follow with something stronger tasting: smoked a Monte Cruz Negra Cubana pyramide I had for over a year. Not bad, relatively smooth, but just could not overcome the bad aftertaste of the RyJ (DR) churchill.

Sunday, after brunch smoked a Montecristo(DR) #3, usually reliable but did not seem to quite develop the flavor I like. Several hours later I had a Bolivar CE with one year age: still too young and possibly just coming out of sick period?

All in all, a nasty weekend. Today, my taste buds feel killed/dead. I will now abstain a few days to hopefully clear my palate a bit.

What do others do to cleanse the palate after disagreeable smokes? Gargling and brushing didn't do it for me.

antaean

A tongue scraper works pretty well...
Pick one up at a health food store!

-Rob

Cleansing bad taste - try some garlic-y spicy Middle Eastern food. It'll also clean out other parts if you eat the right stuff.

I had an Oliva 'O' Ovation Maduro. It was terrific, great draw, taste, etc beautiful cigar with a unique band. The ash was more than a little funny, sort of bloomed out like a flower. Great cigar though, very highly recommended.

I had a PAM Principe and it really didn't do it for me. Maybe I just got a bad stick. The tastes were bitter and some acrid tastes. There was a strong cocoa (bitter) flavour. I much prefer the '26 Series #35 Maduro to the '64 Principe Maduro. And I was really looking forward to this smoke... so I feel especially let down :(

PAMprinc.jpg

Partagas Serie du Connaisseur #2......wow that was an outstanding cigar. The burn and draw were perfect :thumbs: Glad I didnt split this box with my fellow in town smokers :p

I had a PAM Principe and it really didn't do it for me. Maybe I just got a bad stick. The tastes were bitter and some acrid tastes. There was a strong cocoa (bitter) flavour. I much prefer the '26 Series #35 Maduro to the '64 Principe Maduro. And I was really looking forward to this smoke... so I feel especially let down :(

Dang Seadub, I got a 3 pack of those enroute, hope mine turn out better.

Last night had a Quintero y Hermoso Brevas because, well, I'm impatient. What a great smoke. For the price it could very well be an everyday ISOM. Being machine rolled/hand finished I am wary of consistency in manufacture, but I need to get my hands on more!

Siglo V: had a tight roll so it wasn't all it could have been, put it out with around 2 1/2 inches to go.

I'm starting to think that getting the roll right on a long skinny cigar must be a problem, and I while I do plan on giving the V another go, I think I'll stick to the III and IV in the future when I pick some up at my B&M

Dang, nothing to smoke yesterday or today. Still dealing with a cold and can't breathe through my nose. As much as I want a cigar, I know that I wouldn't enjoy it anyway. :(

Dang Seadub, I got a 3 pack of those enroute, hope mine turn out better.

Gotta be a fluke. Had one of these last night and they are still one of my favorites in the 64 line :thumbs:

H. Upman Vintage camaroon corona and a AF Don Carlos Double Robusto.

Doc

Had a RASS for Lunch and this evening I had a CAO MX2. This RASS needed a little more time but was still enjoyable while I was running my errands. The CAO was fairly good for the first two 3rds, after that it started to tast "ashy" and I held on for a little longer. It just got to the point of nasty, to me, and out it went. ;)

Don Gabriel Cuban robusto. Not bad. Not great, but not bad. Full review to come.

Wilkey

After a two day smoking slump I fired up a padron 2000 maddie last night and it was excellent! It was like pure chocolate, never tasted it that strong before, but it was gooooood. :)

Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.