• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you smoke today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had a cigar in a couple weeks, been to busy out in the field doing Army training :)

However, I was able to break away last night and enjoy a Guapos Jr. Fabulous smoke.

One of the best full-strength cigars I've smoked in a while - Padilla 1932 Churchill from 06.

I also had a VR Unicos from the same year at the herf with smoke76 and a few other maniacs. Topped the night off with a delicious 601 Habano Robusto.

A hell of a good cigar day!!

Steve

It was an El Centurion (whatever the belicoso is called) the other day for me. The first cigar I've smoked in about three weeks. It was pretty good. Not as strong as a lot of Pepin's cigars, as has been noted, and not as spicy either. It was still quite tasty, but I would not pay the premium for these cigars over the other good Pepins out there.

Padrón 4000 Natural with a few tumblers of Jack Black and Coke on Ice :cool:

Shane (Shooter) was in KC yesterday so I met up with him at a local establishment. While shooting the breeze (well, mostly sitting back listening to Shane :whistling: ) I enjoyed three damn good cigars:

Partagas Limited Reserve Decades 1995 #1
La Flor Dominicana Special Selection
Padron Serie 1926 #35 Maduro (a gift from Shane that had several years of age on it).

The cigars were outstanding... getting to hang out with Shane and a buddy of his was even better! Thanks for the damn nice cigars you gifted me Shane -- I can't wait to fire up that Opus!! :thumbs:

Gran Habano #5 "Lunch Break" Not bad. 4 x 40 boxes of 40. Want to try the #3 next.

La Riqueza Robusto Not bad. Think it needed a little more rest.

And, while mowing the lawn, a Tatuaje Taino. Lasted just long enough to finish mowing, and a couple of extra minutes of sitting to finish smoking the nub.

I had my first Nub tonight in the backyard. It was the Habanos 464 and that sucker stood on its ash straight down to the nub :rolleyes:. The cigar was pretty good too...

LFD Limitado3...watchin the girls play a softball game..too bad the rain came and ruined a nice smoke...grrrrrrr..

have to try another.

art

Had a Plasencia Organica Reserva Corona tonight. Mild, ephemeral tastes of sweetness (chocolate??? too fleeting to tell) early, leather-ish in the middle. Burned crisply and evenly until the last third whereupon it developed a nasty and incurable canoe.

It was an extremely tight draw and was borderline exhausting to smoke. Much tighter and I would have put it down sooner.

Commendable concept, underwhelming result. I'd try another one eventually, but wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

Smoked a Cabaiguan Guapos Maduro 46. It was very, very young, with some pronounced harshness. This had some interesting spice notes but lacked much maduro sweetness from the new wrapper in this line. Its youth detracted from the experience, but I expect it to come around with some age.

Tonight I smoked an Alec Bradley Tempus Lancero. Started out pretty harsh but I could definitely sense some really nice flavors under all the bitter/harsh flavor. It got better towards the halfway point but nevery really lost the harshness. I wouldn't doubt that with a year or 2 in the humi this would turn out to be a really nice smoke. Definitely not worth the $7-8 price tag right now though.

Tatuaje Regios
Cabaiguan Guapo Maduro

The Guapo was one of the toothiest cigars I have smoked in a long time. I certianly will be buying more!

VSG Robo

As always, flavorful and balanced... and always worth the wait after a long nap in the humi. :whistling:

mac

Yesterday evening, I enjoyed a great cigar thanks to Shane (Shooter). It was an Opus X Double Corona with about 5 years of age on it. It was a damn good smoke!! Thanks again Shane. :thumbs:

Bill (Whopper) came over and I enjoyed a Vegas Robaina Famosos Jun 07 while he had a Johnny-O! Robusto (still young). We then had a Partagas PC Especial Jul 07. Was a fantastic afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.