• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is your go to brand?

Did the Madonna not live up to the hype?
I bough a sampler of all 3 sizes and smokes first one ROTT then second with about a month rest then third with 2 months rest. All had this weird taste. cant quite explain what it was maybe I just had a bad batch but was probably the worst cigar I had by this brand

I bough a sampler of all 3 sizes and smokes first one ROTT then second with about a month rest then third with 2 months rest. All had this weird taste. cant quite explain what it was maybe I just had a bad batch but was probably the worst cigar I had by this brand
Ah man that’s super disappointing it happened with all three of them. I have one that’s been resting for about a month now, im going to have to smoke it this weekend and see, I’m curious to see if that’s just how that line is

Ah man that’s super disappointing it happened with all three of them. I have one that’s been resting for about a month now, im going to have to smoke it this weekend and see, I’m curious to see if that’s just how that line is

I have some resting too, since they came out. I've smoked a few before, as well, and didn't have the issues that Dan had. I'm not sure why his turned out so badly.

I have some resting too, since they came out. I've smoked a few before, as well, and didn't have the issues that Dan had. I'm not sure why his turned out so badly.
Oh nice! Well that’s good to hear it’s not just a bad line

I pretty much enjoy almost everything from AVO and Crowned Heads.

For CH, I haven't had many of their high end smokes, but Four Kicks (red label), Four Kicks Capa Especial (blue label), Mil Dias, Headley Grange, Serie E; all great smokes. The Capa Especial is a favorite.

For AVO, The Heritage, XO, Classic, Nicaragua, Syncros and Seasons; all in my humidor right now.

Almost hate to give a list, as I'll surely forget something good. Lately, however, I seem to be smoking a bit of DT&T, and Tatuaje.
Didn’t you used to be a Padron regular?

For me, HVC, Espinosa, Davidoff (though I’ve gotten away from them and thanks to @wrussell46 ive gotten back into them), and to a lesser extent, BLTC, Padron, LFD, Rojas and. Tatuaje.

Last edited:
I started smoking cigars again recently after stopping ten years ago. Of the non-Cubans, the remaining Padrons were still impressive; none of the other non-Cubans were. The Padron 80th's were spectacular, and much better than my memory and notes from years ago would indicate.

I'm in shock over current Cuban prices; the supposed prices for the boxes that I put away years ago are beyond my comprehension. I know that once I get through my boxes I won't be buying anymore Cuban cigars.

I'm in shock over current Cuban prices; the supposed prices for the boxes that I put away years ago are beyond my comprehension. I know that once I get through my boxes I won't be buying anymore Cuban cigars.

That is where I am too. I'm trying to ration what I have - I just can't justify those prices now.

You aren't alone there!
Fortunately, Havana Club hasn't raised their prices to such levels, and Havana Club Smoky (Havana Club 5, 7, and 12 year old rum aged in malt whisky barrels from Islay) is currently readily available in Canada. Just about to go pick up a couple bottles :).

I have to say CAO.
There are many I love. The Brazillia in particular is easily to find, easy on the wallet, a great smoke, and always consistent.
Of course there are better cigars out there, AF ex. But I have five times as many CAOs in my stash as any other brand for the reasons mentioned above.

Padron are my go to. Rarely, if ever, are there quality problems with them. High end, low end, in between, Padron always treats me right.

The 64s and 26s I like to smoke "fresh". The brown label round into a great value smoke after sitting for a couple years.

If anything I said appeals to you, head down to the retailer forum and reach out to @Keystone_Raider

You won't find a better price. But more important, you won't get better customer service.

I've been branching a lot lately. However, for me Deisel is always a brand I know I can grab and be happy with.

I really dig pretty much anything AJ touches, but thats a different discussion 😉