• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is your Holy Grail Smoke?

SPIVY

THE STIG
Some of you may know I recently won a raffle for what many would call one of the ultimate holy grail smokes. It got me thinking. What is your Holy Grail Smoke?

CC - Cohiba Behike
NC - OR Opus No. 2

Edit: It does not have to be in your collection, yet :D The holy grail smoke is usually one that you have not had yet, and would give kidney for :laugh:

As of right now.... I'd probably settle for an OR Padron 64 Maduro, or an OR Anejo (something big). I'm afraid of the things like the Behike, and the really fancy stuff that costs that much... I find I'm let down a lot by this heralded limited smokes (recent example... although not earth shattering... the DMC 90th). So I'm gunna stick with something I know and love... but with the maximum amount of aging on it.
Chris

I would love to get my hands on an original release Tat Taino or Cojonu 2003!

I had a Holy Grail, then I got bombed with it. And then I found another, and was bombed with it. I'm very near to giving up Holy Grails altogether, but for now mine is an Opus Maduro Lancero, followed closely by a Cuban Dunhill Atado.

Holy Grail cigars are almost always disappointing. Expectations are just too high.

Holy Grail cigars are almost always disappointing. Expectations are just too high.

Amen Brother Andrew!

I don't have a "Holy Grail" cigar, I smoke them as I get them and I'm just as likely to grab something rare out of my humidor on any given day as I am a normal favorite.

I don't collect cigars, I smoke them :)

Ooohh lets see...a Cohiba Behike would be nice... :whistling: :laugh:

I would say an Opus BBMF and any CC Cohiba. Neither one I can seem to get my mitts on.

I have two
Opus Forbidden X
WOAM

but the Forbidden X I could die a happy man. rp

Tatuaje Thermonuclear...

I'd die a happy man... 1) I'd have a prized smoke 2) That smoke would literally kill me...

The only cigar that I really have enough interest to try to find, and smoke, is a Taboada. Never smoked one, and hear they are very good.

I agree with Moki. If you guys smoked your Holy Grail blind, would it be as good?

I agree with Moki. If you guys smoked your Holy Grail blind, would it be as good?

Of course, that won't stop me from wanting to try esoteric cigars I've never had, though. The hunt is part of the fun, as is experiencing new things. :)

Well Ed, of all the cigars, it would be the Opus Chili Pepper for a NC and the 1996 Partagas Lusitania ISOM. I do agree with Moki as well to a point. I have smoked the 96 Lusi and the CP, neither one was a dissapointment, but for a long time it was the BBMF, and it was kind of a let down. Good cigar, but not as good as I expected.

"Expectations lead to Disappointments"

I don't really have a Holy Grail smoke. I would like to try an original Opus or maybe I should smoke the First release Anejo shark that I was recently gifted.

The Opus Shark would be one . . . love Opus, love Anejos, love trick rolls and unusual cigar shapes. Maybe someday. :love:

The Cohiba Behike would be another since it was, after all, rolled from that rarest of all leafs, tobaccus unobtainablus. :rolleyes:

~Boar

I have an Opus A from 2000, that I'm saving for when one of my kids are willing and of age, to enjoy it with me. Will be at least another 10 yrs before that happens.