• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What is your Holy Grail Smoke?

My Holy Grail smoke will be whatever I am smoking when my daughter gets married, I would rather have the memories than a specific smoke...there are more important things in life.

I'll disagree slightly with you guys, I recently obtained my holy grail smoke, a Padron Millenium Maduro, and it was every bit as good as I hoped it would be. :thumbs:

Now that leaves me in search of a Sand Shark, even though I've been told that it will most likely disappoint me from those that have had one.

I'm going to have to say it's between a Padron Millennium maduro and an LBMF. I have the LBMF and know for a fact that I won't smoke it willy nilly unless I was able to get my hands on another. It's the only cigar that I've ever seen anybody (Mr Peat) give a 10/10 rating...so that'll see fire when the seas part. If I'm ever able to get my hands on a PMM, I'm going to need to have a gold coin to flip to decide which cigar gets lit on that day of the sea parting. The remaining cigar would be smoked at a less dramatic event...since I'm sure that the seas will not part twice in my lifetime.

My Holy Grail smoke will be whatever I am smoking when my daughter gets married, I would rather have the memories than a specific smoke...there are more important things in life.

You are absolutely right. There are more important things in life. But this is a cigar forum and we all can have a little fun with our dreams and fantasies :thumbs:

You are absolutely right. There are more important things in life. But this is a cigar forum and we all can have a little fun with our dreams and fantasies :thumbs:

Let's hope Matt R doesn't see this one.

i would say that my holly grail would be any CC from Jan 1977, month and year i was born and if i could get it on my 50th birthday that would make it even better

When I go into a B&M I'm drawn to the Tatuaje Especiale's. I like the vitola and they are always tasty. I'm sure there is better, but I like a consistent cigar.

I agree with Moki. If you guys smoked your Holy Grail blind, would it be as good?

Of course, that won't stop me from wanting to try esoteric cigars I've never had, though. The hunt is part of the fun, as is experiencing new things. :)

I've not heard of Esoteric cigars. Are they a Pepin blend? :sign:

They are part of the Tatuaje summer collection! I've heard rumors they come in pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, green clovers, blue diamonds, and purple horseshoes!

Only one I can think of is an Opus Maduro Lancero.

Most of the ones that people hold out to be "special" didn't do it for me, at all (including Cuban Davidoff, Dunhill, etc. - wayyyy past their prime for my personal preferences)!!!

It would have to be something of unusual shape. Cigar bat, cigar pipe, opus football, etc... A Taboada cigar pipe rolled in June, 1984. :love: :blush: You did say 'holy grail.'

Derek

My holy grail is an Opus, any size. Last year on my birthday I found some at a local B&M and bought two of the robusto size. One to smoke on my birthday this year, and one the next year. Well, the first one is getting fire put to it this weekend. Hope it lives up to all the hype this board has given it. :laugh: In any case, I am sure I will enjoy it. Hopefully, I will REALLY enjoy it. If not, I will enjoy the Scotch that will go with it.

Does this mean I have to find a new Holy Grail?

Right now, the one I'm trying to find is an '01 Cohiba EL Piramide . . . so I guess that's mine. :D

Imho there are plenty of great smokes to be had, even at affordable prices. I love nicaraguan puros....there is a nic profile that I really dig. But if I had to pick a holy grail smoke, it would be one that is long gone -- the original cao anni's made by Douglas (mid to late 90's). His costa rican maddie cao anni was a great smoke. Perdomo then got ahold of the brand and it lost a lot of flavor and construction.

Diamond Crown maximus are awesome smokes too, but way out of my price range. Old version St Louis Rey (honduran, iirc, from mid 90's) were awesome smokes too. Heck, just recently I was remembering the original Indian Tabacs - from when Patel was producing them (late 90's).....those were darn good, and the maddies had some kick. But again, my overall vote would go to Douglas CAO's.

I feel a little silly posting in this topic when I myself am a newbie. If I was to say, my currently holy grail would be a 1964 Anna. Padron Natural that I have had. I don't really remember names that I haven't smoked and taken note of.

You'll never know which cigar is your "Holy Grail" until you smoke one that is "better" and one that is "worse". So just keep smoking ;)

You'll never know which cigar is your "Holy Grail" until you smoke one that is "better" and one that is "worse". So just keep smoking ;)

I've said it before and will say it again. The day I smoke my Holy Grail cigar, is the day I quit. I guess I better keep smoking and after 12 years, I've still not found it. :laugh:

Holy Grail cigars are almost always disappointing. Expectations are just too high.

I have to believe this is true having never had a "Holy grail" smoke.

Still

CC is a 3 way tie between Cohiba 30th and 40th Anni and Davidoff DP

NC has got to be a Padron Milli.

1492 - I'll never smoke one as I won't spend $500 for one stick so that makes it my holy grail smoke.